Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatasskee
Sep 11, 2005
I also knew nothing going in to see this movie before hand. I saw the trailor only a few minutes earlier and i was thinking it would be more on the fantasy side possibly like the old Labrinth movie with david bowie. I really enjoyed this movie and it's jump from reality to fantasy. It was dark and dreary, yet imaginitive and exciting. It kept me tense the entire time wondering if it was all real or just a mere illusion to a tormented girl. I do now think it is supposed to be real, and the only thing that made think ofelia may be crazy was when the captain did not see the faun. Only because he had seen the plant growing under the mothers bed and that was supposed to be mythical too. The mother held it in her hand and threw it into the fire, and only then did she get sick again. Hmm.. I had many questions about the scene of ofelia in the underground with the white baby eater. I cant decide if the reason she ate the grapes had a purpose or if she merely was "tranced by the evil".
Overall i loved this movie and its one of the best films ive seen in a long time. I'll be seeing it again!
I give this movie a 4.0/5.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU