Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Robert Denby posted:

EDIT: Also I think "Baccano!" would make a good intro show, though I have absolutely no idea what genre you'd put that in. On that note, we also might want to point to where things are streaming legally because IIRC some anime companies have YouTube channels where you can watch their catalog series free either subbed or dubbed.

Yeah, it'd be nice if there was perhaps a general "These legal Streaming/simulcasting services exist" page (perhaps with a general description of stuff like what you get for free vs paid accounts on each?), and maybe a tab on each series with "you can stream this legally on the following site(s):"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Davincie posted:

don't delete honey & clover. do 5cms, it sucks anyway

:smith:

I thought people liked 5cms.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I hope Droyer is using his probation time to make that new Gundam thread

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sinking Ship posted:

:smith:

I thought people liked 5cms.
5cm per second was where a lot of people realized that Shinkai was able to really only tell one type of story.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's still the only time he's told it well.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

He's only made like 5 things, it's ok to have a theme.

And 5cm/sec owns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ozu made the same movie 40 times and that seemed to work for him.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Registered as VostokProgram.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

In Training posted:

I will make the Satoshi Kon page, and update the Haruhi page because it needs to be 1000x more awesome.

Please make good on your promise, and remove the negative Haruhi review posted by notorious vile kyoani troll PotU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I did something wrong when I made the Redline page. It doesn't show up in its categories. This wiki thing is harder than it looks.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Not sure what you mean, I see it in the Action, Sci-Fi, Sports, and Anime (Movie) pages just fine.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Okay, I don't know then. Maybe it's a buffering thing on my PC. It's no big deal anyway.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

You should swap out Prince of Tennis in sports manga for something like Haikyuu!! though.

Either that or Baby Steps. I would lean more towards Baby Steps.

Also, it's weird to me that Akagi is listed under sports anime in the new to anime rec list. It would make more sense in the Psychological section, imo.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
What's the Taiwanese manga about the demons, etc? The title is "something something messanger". Like "Holy Messenger" or something. It's in full color. It begins with a king fighting against the gods because he's tired of paying them tribute. He is killed, but his son lives on and learns to fight, blah, blah. It's pretty popular, but I can't remember the name.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Should never be recommended for anything. Ever.

Oh!Great would be fine if he just stuck to drawing (which he is excellent at) as he clearly can't write for crap.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

buzmeg posted:

Oh!Great would be fine if he just stuck to drawing (which he is excellent at) as he clearly can't write for crap.

I think Air Gear starts off alright and it is not a bad concept, it is just awful at the end (okay, maybe at the middle too, that series is just too long).

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I stopped reading Tenjho Tenge when it got to that three volume long flashback

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Is it worth watching Mobile Suit Gundam from the beginning?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
You mean like the entire franchise, or just going back to that one first as an introduction before watching what you feel like?

Because it's absolutely not worth attempting the former.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I meant particularly from 79 to early 90s.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

eatenmyeyes posted:

I meant particularly from 79 to early 90s.

the original series is good, but suffers from occasionally very bad animation and obvious concessions to toymakers. The compilation movies are generally seen as the superior way to experience it. Zeta is very good, and has aged surprisingly well, animation wise. ZZ is more arguable, but i enjoyed it. CCA is quite divisive, but it's also just a movie so if you've watched up to that point you might as well go on. 0080 is fantastic, and one of the best things out of the franchise. F91 is beautiful but tells a very basic story. 0083 is beautiful but tells an absolutely idiotic story.

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."
I remember watching an anime many many years back that around 3/4 through the series, there was a warning which stated something to the effect of "If you don't want a depressing ending, stop here and consider this the ending. You have been warned" and the last few episodes just go off the rails.

Anyone have any idea what series this is??

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Sounds like Saikano.

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."

Nate RFB posted:

Sounds like Saikano.

Yes! Thank you so much!

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Are there any other anime with a focus on tactics like World Trigger?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
You're probably better off asking here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741745

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh. Wrong thread.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 29, 2016

• Locked thread