Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Wrong his soul was seen in the last panel of the last strip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Danzou posted:

drat, Tsukiko just doesn't give a gently caress, does she?

She's probably looking for the other half of the ritual, which brings us back to why Xykon didn't tell her the ritual was in two halves, anyway. I haven't read Start of Darkness, but did Xykon even know? From the fact that Tsukiko accuses Redcloak of hiding the other half, it almost suggests Xykon thought his half was the entire thing. I guess that's why he had Tsukiko studying it in the first place, because it didn't make sense to him, either.

Shes really obviously (and correctly) accusing Redcloak of hiding the phylactery

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Colon V posted:

Is that a reference to a specific module, or is it just pretty generic "phylactery behind a bazillion traps"?

Its clearly a reference to the true villain of the piece, Jirix, and his defeat of the protagonist roaches.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Maybe the big reveal is that Draketooth isn't a magical illusionist at all and is in fact just really really good at doing mundane special effects.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

That wasn't even a real corpse it was an extremely advanced facsimile of a corpse he's not an illusionist at all he is a really really good props and special effects guy.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Shes sneaking.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Malack's tail sort of looks like a fancy pants scythe blade to go with his staff in the last panel of the latest page.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Wanderer posted:

What I'd be watching out for is that Redcloak and Xykon are supposed to show up at this Gate sooner or later, and Redcloak could probably charm or command Belkar without too much trouble.

Wouldn't Belkar be pretty hard to command? A PC is not some nameless wights.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

You forgot one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_deer

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

He actually has a quarterstaff but he put it down a few pages ago.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Colonel Cool posted:

What the heck is Malack anyway with that tail? Yuan-ti? Naga?

He is a common lizardfolk.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Toplowtech posted:

Common lizardfolk in 3.5 are humanoids with feet and a tail for balance. Malack clearly has no feet.

Hes flying around wearing a robe you just cant see his feet currently.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

nimby posted:

Y'know, it's been a while since we've seen Ian Starshine and his buddy... Roy could really use the backup right now, think they're going to show up as the high-level adventurers they're supposed to be?

Though I don't think a pair of rogues are going to change the Order's fortunes a lot...

problem with that being Ian Starshines buddy is the reason he kept getting recaptured and is the one who convinced him to allow himself to be captured in the first place.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

I can not believe you are griping about a dragon in a bridesmaid dress. You are scum.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

NihilCredo posted:

Same here. Though now I'm curious both as to what Belkar's dream is and, if it's different from the other three's, why he wasn't affected together.

Alignment?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

The answer is obviously that Belkar made the will save.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Mushrooman posted:

And why would V's fantasy scenario have the fiends taking over at the worst possible time?

If the illusion shows what you want then it makes sense. V wants to be punished because zhe feels guilty.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Fairly certain Roy and co couldn't hear the orders he was giving anyway.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

greatn posted:

Prediction: monster in the dark is actually you, the reader.

The monster in the dark is Grover. How did I not notice this before.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

My understanding is that Malack has been in the after life for a hundred years or so already and his vampiric self is soulless, and as such wouldn't have any kind of place to go after being destroyed.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Is have to haf a regular durkon accent thing or is does he actually have a stereotypical eastern European accent on top of his weird Scottish one now. I really hope so.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Literally dead or alive beach volleyball.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

greatn posted:

Tarquin's helmet kind of just disappeared there. I guess cause the look on his face is pretty important. Just kind of funny how it totally vanished between panels.

It was falling off in the 9th panel.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Why are Haleys boots glowing green? Makes reminds me of the totally powerful lime green boots of speed from one hundred years ago.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

What are you talking about.

The bit where Belkar freed the dinosaur in the arena.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

I bet dashing swordsman level 10 allows you to get hit by a sword and disappear leaving only your clothes behind.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Theres also the reference to Elan losing his hand if they continued their duel when Tarquin told him about his plan to be famous.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Rereading stuffs: I don't get the bit (joke?) with Blackwing on this page http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0331.html . Any help?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Wasnt there a Bugsbys grasping hand of cat retrieval in there somewhere too.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Hey; who knows what the Chaos Sabre Julio is talking about is...uh...about? Is it just a 3.5 magic item like Haley's Icy Burst bow?

Yep. Bonus damage to lawful.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

If it was magic why isn't it just "it's a language that everyone understands" except because terrible nerds.

If everyone understood it then everyone would have a way to communicate with every other thing that exists.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Mikl posted:

I also love how the king apparently didn't give a poo poo about his soldiers.

Well think about it, one case of divine intervention is probably pretty rare, but two in a row is just ridiculous. Flame never strikes the same place twice.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

A high level fighter would never die of a heart attack he is basically a marble sculpture

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

He straight up said the reason he prints it is because he enjoys his work being in books, and wants to keep it in books, and doesn't really care about the finances as long as he can still eat and have a place to live.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Nobody would worship Destruction because he doesn't loving do anything.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Sir Kodiak posted:

According to Twitter, his backup also failed so he's going to be spending some time recreating old comics for the higher-res print run. The guy has every right to take as long as he wants updating the comic, but it's a little funny that the Kickstarter did commit him to devoting time to things other than the primary story but did not result in him purchasing a stable work environment. If your primary interest is in the main, online comic, donating to the Kickstarter was apparently counterproductive.

Of course paying Rich to do a bunch of work other than the web comic was counter productive to getting the webcomic done. It obligated him to duo other stuff.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Is there some kind of D&D class that's known for using magical items, but doesn't have any magical abilities of their own?

Rogue?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

MikeJF posted:

How long does Durkon's meditation take?

an hour

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

Do you think the Belkar of two years ago, would have been that concerned about a vampire?

Maybe one that half ate him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Pretty sure the order just showed what happens when a high level adventuring party fights against a bunch of mooks and one fighter ( I guess a paladin in this case). Hinjo isn't a threat for anything but hurt feelings.