Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Fibonacci sequence.

Except it isn't the Fibonacci sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Still better than endless Erfworld discussion.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

line number posted:

Im just glad your defending "normal" people in a webcomic thread, on the internet, in a forum full of "normal" people.

:P

I'm just saying that saying to someone you will "drink their water" outside of actually drinking their water has certain connotations, wide though they may be. And for the record, aside from yellow showers what ELSE could you infer?

Stealing their glass of water and drinking it.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Umbra Dubium posted:

If you don't use a sarcmark how is anyone supposed to know you're not serious?

Edit:

Aren't we fortunate the sarcmark was invented because there certainly wasn't one of those already؟

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

Lawful good. :colbert:

Is that a Lawful Stupid joke? I can't tell...

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

The Original Evil Overlord List

Quit whining, you pansies.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

If he became a lich, he wouldn't have a digestive system to get all irritable.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

"shipped" is short for "relationshipped", which I guess is the replacement term for slash in the fan fiction community.

Probably because slash originally described homosexual relationships, starting with the original use, Kirk/Spock, while shipping can go either way.

edit: And I don't know why I know any of this. :psyduck:

pseudorandom name fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 10, 2011

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Nah, it was for +1 Charisma with the ladies.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It seems like a good set-piece for somebody's fall to be broken by a conveniently placed flumph.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

"Soon an' 'is paladins..."

Well played, Rich. Well played.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I find the extremes of Durkon's accent amusing.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I already answered this once (on the last page, even), good job on reading the thread!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Well, I was wrong "Soon an' 'is paladins" was not the first back-to-back use of apostrophes in the comic. Rich achieved this pinnacle of improbable accents a while ago.

I'll leave the exact page number containing the single other instance of back-to-back apostrophes as an exercise for the rest of you. Show your work.

And, no, the apsotrophe-period-apostrophe sequence in Start of Darkness or maybe On the Origins of PCs (I forget which) doesn't count.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

This is improbable? Is there some kind of thing with English that means you'd always pronounce the "d" in "and" if you dropped the "h" in his?

Durkon's accent is referred to as improbable early in the comic.

Mystic Mongol posted:

What's with the red title?

Somebody got really angry that I dared complain about people not reading the previous page of the thread.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Please tell me the DM made them actually play the god verses mewling infant combat encounter.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

:siren: The Order of the Stick #864 :siren:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Comparing the first 15 strips, there's minor art differences, but the dialog is all the same.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

He did.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I hope we get a view of Belkar's afterlife hallucination out of this.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

So is Roy dead again?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

After the "The dead aren't people, they are tools" monologue, I certainly hope so.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Well, that answered the Roy question quickly enough.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Another summoning ritual successfully completed; same time next week?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Well, that answers the question if people in this world actually know how vampirism works.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

That assumes the first command given by the master vampire isn't "Serve my interests in every aspect of your existence."

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

The comic already established that killing evil aligned characters for no reason is perfectly acceptable.

According to Miko, anyway.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

...did you just imply Belkar was loving?

Don't disparage the relationship between a halfling ranger and his cat.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Sky Shadowing posted:

I wonder if that story just lost a lot of its context to us in the modern age where a child's death is devastating, compared to antiquity and the Medieval Ages where the death of children wasn't particularly uncommon. "Oh, what, your entire family was butchered by Hun raiders? Buck up, find a new wife and make some more, hell I've lost three wives and six kids and you don't see me crying about it!"

The book of Job starts with a rather boring listing of his material wealth (with specific numbers) and a summary of his children, it ends with God giving him double the previously listed material wealth but the same number of additional children which is interpreted as God's intent to resurrect the dead ones at some unspecified future time.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Alternate theory: Belkar somehow becomes undead and kills Durkula.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

App users don't have the luxury.

Long press the link.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

And just like that, Rich dropped 95 pages on us.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I have the Roy and Elan fridge magnets, which apparently he gave away for free with books because I certainly didn't buy them.

[img-sold-at-a-loss-to-make-a-profit-at-volume]

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

So what magical effect could be triggered by the review of a memory?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Durkon very clearly surrendered to the tree.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

No pressure.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

That’s why you have a conversation about how she needs to avoid Dispel Magic so her Permanent duration Polymorph Any Object stays put.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Ok, in order to cast an 8th level spell like Polymorph Any Object, you need a level 15 Wizard, level 16 Sorcerer, or a level 15 Cleric. How common would those be in The Order of the Stick world?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Wanderer posted:

Really, I think this is something we'd have agreed upon a long time ago, but the Book of Erotic Fantasy muddied the waters on this. That book was so loving weird that a generation of nerds all decided as one that we just weren't going to explicitly discuss sex or gender in D&D ever again.

LOL this has full color photography.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Polymorph Other isn't in 3.5e.