Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Rift is utopia and all the souls the Snarl has 'destroyed' are living it up there. The Snarl is just one big benevolent wad of chaotic strings.

(This is not what the rift is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

If this eventually leads to those two turning on and killing Tarquin, I'm cool with it. To be honest I would be cool with him accidentally slipping down stairs and breaking his neck. As long as he dies. On screen or off. Just get rid of him.

I have really, really gotten tired of him and his whole story structure schtick

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

I hope they keep the dino forever. One pet made Belkar better overall, two will make him even greater.

Would be kind of hard to do a dungeon crawl with a two story reptile though.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Can you fit a T-Rex into a bag of holding, breathing issues aside?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Out of curiosity, why is everyone saying Durkon is Evil now that he is a vampire? Did I miss a comic where that was explained or is it just assumed/stupid alignment rule that he is because 'Undead = Evil'? He still has free will, correct? So shouldn't he be pretty much himself (Good) with just a weird dietary restriction (that is kinda of evil)?

VVV EDIT: Stupid alignment rule, gotcha.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 16, 2013

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

ConfusedUs posted:

Not to mention Durkon straight up says he's evil:

Roy: ...so you're not evil?
Durkon: No more'n Belkar, I'd wager.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0908.html
Oh hey, a line I forget about. Thanks.

I don't mind so much I guess, I trust the comic will handle it well.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 16, 2013

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Raenir Salazar posted:

There is the matter of the prophecy, its clearly not a weird anti climatic pun, vampire Durkon clearly needs to destroy stuff somehow.
There is nothing keeping him from getting found out and then turning into a bat and escaping. He can bring death and destruction while the Order has to decide whether to give chase or continue to deal with the bigger picture.

I mean, nothing stopping it other then it would be kind of stupid.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

I love how Durkon states that non of his friends can see through the vampire, while Belkar is actively pointing out the falseness of the vampire. They'll never be friends!

Also, I'm not quite sure how cleric spells work in here now. I know Durkon was casting spells in the non Northern lands, right? So if Nokrud Lurky couldn't call on Thor to end the storm naturally and just used a flashy spell from another god to do it, why couldn't the other cleric just cast the same spell? I'm probably just forgetting something or over thinking this.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

EDIT: Nevermind, reread.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nihilarian posted:

I wonder what those arrows are going to hit.
The ocean.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

In a surprising plot twist, the 'Last Breath' prophecy will be fulfilled when Belkar becomes another sentient flesh golem. The whole Crystal thing was just to get us ready for it.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

EDIT: Beaten multiple times.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Zoe posted:

I love the little detail of their breath fogging from the cold.

Colonel Cool posted:

Belkar is going to die on this trip when whatever's going to happen goes down.
And we will get to literally see the last breath too. Nice.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also Roy doesn't have the best track record of winning fights with powerful undead.

EDIT: ^^^^^

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Stupid theory: Hel's plan will succeed and the crew will have to race to the last gate not to protect it but to break it to throw the Snarl at the gods.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Here's a quick-cut avatar if anyone wants it.
I think I should put this behind spoilers?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Going back and rereading through a chapter makes them seem better paced. Tarquin isn't nearly as bad as I remember when they were getting posted live. Still though, I wish this would hurry the gently caress up.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

CapnAndy posted:

Never done worse than in Bioshock, for the record.

"This little girl has a precious resource you need! If you spare her, you will get much less than if you kill her! However, if you spare the girl, in like fifteen minutes the little girls you spared will give you a present out of gratitude, so in fact you end up with more of the precious resource you need! Will you do the right thing for greater personal gain, or literally kill a little girl to make the game harder for yourself? TREMBLE AT OUR PERILOUS MORAL CHOICE SYSTEM"
Well, you get 160 Adam for harvesting, 80 for saving with a bonus 200 for every three in the gifts. You do wind up with 40 more Adam every three going the child killer route but your point stands that it ain't that great of a 'Power for Evil' offer especially with the extra poo poo in the box. Have no idea about the second cause I didn't care enough about it to play more than a hour.

I feel like I should myself.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well, the truth will set ya' free.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

At least Xykon got new boots out of it.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

The gate was inside you all along.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

I kinda side with Andi on this, kinda.

Wrong time and place, but I can't really blame a member of a low level crew for being just a little apprehensive to charge into the jaws of death even if the fate of the world is in the balance. Dead is dead, whether at the hands of giants or gods and they ain't going to fork out to raise you (which is already a hard enough task of finding someone who can).

Don't fully condone but don't fully condemn her actions I guess.

Also this is just Rich setting up for the group for his sequel comic, coming in 2027!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Of course he does. How else you going to figure out how they taste?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

tripwood posted:

I dreamt last night that Belkar was running around chasing some monsters or something and he lost his weapon. He was turning corners in a dungeon or something and that's when he met Justin Trudeau and he asked him if he had some weapons for him. Justin then brought out some ninja stars out of his suit and gave them to him. Belkar and me thought that was pretty badass.
Is that one of the bonus pdfs?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Roy's Architecture Backstory: I find it neat and it's a hobby.

Edit: though there could easily be a comic from long ago I forget that did actually explain it. I tend to skip the beginning on rereads and start around the Azure City chapters

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 11, 2017

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Of all the creators of online entertainment out there, Rich is one of the few I have utmost faith that they will see their project through. I'm willing to cut the man some slack for that alone.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

cargohills posted:

Serious question: what is wrong with the GitP forums?
Because they're pedantic nerds and we are better then them!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

The thing is until this sequence she seemed pretty reasonable. Her boss let a vampire on board, and put the whole crew in danger over something they wanted no part in. Then three of them got cut in half, a mutiny's actually pretty understandable at that point.

But instead of all that, it's a personal vendetta, and now she's just a caricature and a punchline target.
Thank you, you summed my opinions on it up pretty good.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

This is why NPCs are wary around the players. Never know when they will just straight up conscript ya.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

I still think Andy was in the right in the beginning of the mutiny. It really felt like a DM panic that the NPC wasn't being perceived how they wanted so we got the 'I just don't like you being in charge' instead of 'you changed our job description and are now getting us killed'.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

reignonyourparade posted:

From the very start it was "you're going to get us killed by actually following the pass instead of charging off into the deathtrap mountains!"
Vampire allowed on board.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Andi was in the right and Bandana is a bad captain.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well they ain't been pirating anything lately after they got stuck ferrying around a bunch of high level adventurers who are getting them killed.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

We already had Belkar dying of a wasting disease (or close enough) and he only got stronger and more awesome from it. He'll be fine.

Till he's not.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Let us know if ya start talking in riddles in a few weeks.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

ikanreed posted:

These are the players who flip a wheel when a DM fudges a d20 roll for dramatic tension.
That is why I roll behind a box and they just have accept what I say, because I have one of those in my group.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Can't afford a screen, they get an upturned shoe box.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

The last campaign (pathfinder) I ran had the first encounter go horribly wrong when the monk disarmed the doppelganger's dagger and the rogue grabbed it up. Problem was the dagger was being used so the natural weapons wouldn't flay the group alive. If I couldn't fudge numbers behind mah box then we would have had a team wipe on the first battle and I don't need that headache.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Based solely on the last page I'm going to say ya a good parent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

It probably has more to do with the gods are shortsighted nincompoops.