Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

NihilCredo posted:

I just noticed that Tarquin left his sweet-rear end axe with the OotS, wonder if anyone in there will get some use out of it. Roy has a strong sword and Weapon Specialization in it, but Tarquin's stuff might well be 20th level or close by.

The special he earned whilst dead is sword-only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

Rule as DM: if you want a TPK, target the cleric. If you want a fight to drag on forever, kill the arcane casters.

...That's disconcerting. They really could all just die off here. Cleric's been turned, the arcanist is lost, and part of their offence is Dominated.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 5, 2013

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

rotinaj posted:

So, the logical end result of the story is that Xykon's gonna die, somehow, someway.

How do y'all think it's going to happen? Roy's sword? The Snarl? Belkar?

Suicide. Probably explosive. Because if he's got to go, he's going to blow everyone up and screw THEM over too. Assuming he gets weakened to the point that he realises he IS gonna die without a means to get out of it, rather than being one-shot.

Or he'll find some other way of screwing everyone up via his death. Also 'I will not lose to your fist!'.

He's that sort of person, from what I've seen(No side books, currently).

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I don't think we know, which is the point.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Yet I imagine he STILL failed the Grapple exam.

Of course, the whole class failed too.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Cliff Racer posted:

Right, thats what I meant. Course he was never going to be able to drink coffee again anyway unless there was a latte mushroom down there.

...I'm certain some underworld race has worked on such a thing.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Just like forum posters everywhere else.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Given the sheer amount of advertising, breakfast cereals, TV series, etc, Pac had in his day, he may have something.

That doesn't excuse using 'anime' as an insult, mark you.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

...Dammit, now I'm imagining him doing one of those narrations ala the bad end(s) for the game.

Which is a really good reason NOT to give him the chance. He'd outright relish giving or being able to give one of those monologues.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

D1Sergo posted:

I played a wizard once where I made it very clear that my scorching ray spells were being cast out of my eyes. Then I crafted goggles of scorching ray, just to drive the point home. I didn't have Fly yet, but I had boots of spider-climbing so I stuck to walls and fired my lasers. Also, mirror images, so I had a pack of wizards running up walls and firing lasers out of their eyes.

Did you at any point utter "BEHOLD!" before casting Scorching Ray?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Christ. Haley rolled a hell of a bluff check there.

What Bluff check? He screwed it up for himself the minute he called her a rabid dog. You don't taunt the murderous golem who's already broken your damm weapon.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

May I ask what game this is from? I can't tell by looking.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Rygar201 posted:

That Warg has the highest wisdom out of the entire cast.

That's kinda concerning, given Wargs/Worgs are Wis 14 base.

Hmm. Worg cleric. Ever happened?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

My immediate thought reading that is "if he can't get a job raiding dungeons, he can get a job making them."

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Could be worse. Could be two double voluges.

(Seriously. You don't see it often in 6, but the two weapons that make that....pinwheel...can come apart; he uses one in each hand. So does Lu Lingqi, who inherited the weapon in 8. I call it a 'voluge' because the separate weapons look like Wei Yan's and that's the name given to his weapon.)

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 5, 2017

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Carrying a child into battle, strapped to the front of a breastplate? Is this OOTS or Dwarf Fortress?

Neither. It''s Lone Wolf and Cub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Parahexavoctal posted:

is the dark one supposed to be purple.... or black?

because if we already have cyan, yellow, and magenta....

Yes. Red, 'White'(usually coloured with a hint of yellow), Blue, 'Black'(Usually done as purply). Green's 'dead' for a certain value of dead, given it usually represents Nature.