Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Does this finally dispell anyone's notion that Malack is NOT evil as gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
It was also mentioned that to create those mummies, he burned charges on his staff to create those.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I bet Nale mercy kills Durkon.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
He didn't remember him at Azure City, and that was after he got destroyed from being body slammed into the gate.

I think Nale is going to mercy kill Durkon because I think there is always one thing a villain has a distaste for, and I'm betting it's gonna be raised dead. I think he's going to mercy kill because of the rivalry with the OoTS.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Would Tarquin really avenge Malack?

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I would hazard a guess that if Tarquin's team is as equally tough as Tarquin is (and sitting on as much loot, look at those ion stones), they might be able to handle Xykon and Redcloak, he's packing a group of 6, 2 casters, 2 heavy melee, and 2 that look like rogue/monk. There'd be no reason why they wouldn't put a hurt on Xykon.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I also just noticed toddler Nale also has a lovely soul patch.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Okay, lets say that Ian is a Draketooth, could the note he received been that the very first gate had been destroyed? Each gate keeper had that magic board that listed the status of each gate, so when the first one was destroyed, everyone would have known. Maybe Ian felt compelled by the utmost duty (world destroying monster) but wanted to leave Haley behind because it was almost assuredly going to be incredibly dangerous?

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
How long was Ian in prison? And was there a reason given why he was in prison? He looks like he's been there for a really long time.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
If they're that removed why bother having that be a plot thing?

Also, where is his face tattoo if he were a draketooth?

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Does that forum still have at least 50% copy and pasted text from tvtropes?

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Eh. I feel like the strip before it already said all that needed to be said.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Or an item that fucks up vampires. Remember, he did kill 3 vampires before.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
The fiends don't want the Snarl to get loose, right? If the world is unmade, then there's no conflict for them. The Fiends are on the good guy's side right now.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I think its kind of funny how no one in this thread assumed what V assumed: that it would be after V's death.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

my dad posted:

his wife's updates on the GitP website,

Alleged wife.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Is there any limitation to using charges on a magical item? Just because Durkon holds the quarterstaff, does it mean he can automatically cast the protection spell? I could easily see him shrugging and having no idea how to work it.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Alright then, what happens when it runs out of charges? If you don't know the spell, can it be recharged? He certainly won't be able to make a new one. The staff will be a huge limitation for Durkon, one way or another.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Belkar also went full attack regardless of his own safety on that one too.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I would be down for Nale gets killed, Sabine uses her pull with the fiends to turn Nale into a fiend, and then he comes back for a big showdown.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
While Elan might be the only one who is playing to his strengths, he's still getting beat around constantly. So he can beat Nale in a duel, who is easily even more horribly built than the rest of OoTS, that doesn't make him actually all that good at anything.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

Zogundar posted:

Yes I know all of that, but I find the stuff with Nale (His dying, his interaction with Tarquin) a little eyebrow raising given recent events.

As for V, when the Oracle was trying to convince Belkar that his prophecy had already come true for several of the people he asked about, he was cut off once he got to V. Suggesting that he would somehow have at least some roundabout technical connection to V's demise.

No because the Oracle was the one he was prophecied to kill. That's why the Oracle was beating around the bush.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Sub boss Zyklon, or Zyklon B. Also used to exterminate millions of people.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

Bongo Bill posted:

So, bringing things back on topic: would it be in-character for Tarquin to fabricate an official record of things just so it would make a better story than what actually happened?

We're actually hearing Tarquin tell the story in retrospect.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
He also had reservations about using a kobold to check for just regular traps, let alone soul destroying rifts.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Can't wait for Belkar to die so we never have to talk about this prophecy ever again.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Why do I think Laurin's favor is of the sexual kind?

Also I'm interested in seeing how nasty of a badass Miron is. I mean, all three of them saw the Order fight, and they're still pretty confident, and I don't think it's hubris.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
So, Miron could still be a druid, or a wizard/sorceror. I don't think he's a druid, or he'd have healed everyone by now, but then also doesn't have ranged spells? What the hell kind of caster is he?

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

greatn posted:

Healed then from what? Have they even taken any appreciable damage?

They did take some shots from Haley, and a lightning bolt from V.

greatn posted:

Psion lady has used that wormhole at least eight times now, at least one of those being over a long distance for a long enough time to let an army through. I know she's high level with a lot of power points and "spell slots" so to speak but that HAS to be a decent chunk.

I would wager that V's suggestion is in part to drain the PP.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Why would it be in any of his party's best interest to kill him? Up until now, Tarquin had/has a really good thing going. Sure they have to put up with his narrative nonsense, but its worked out pretty well for everyone villainous.

The favor will have to come back up, otherwise there would have been no reason for her to specifically mention that she could accomplish it in a day. It might not have any brutish implications, but it won't be the last time it is mentioned. And I don't think it'll involve Laurin's daughter, because she also seems to have a pretty good thing going as well, and it doesn't seem as though Tarquin is stopping Laurin from sending her daughter away to begin with.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Miron might get chumped in a second.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
This is almost the exact moment where the good guys think they've beaten the bad guy, only for the bad guy to impale one of them (Belkar) as he rises, intent on one last round.

e: oh no I've joined the ranks of people forecasting Belkar's imminent death.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

sebmojo posted:

With Belkar.

How could he not? He's been telling us all along he dies, gave him a new dimension to his character and spawned countless discussions about how Belkar could get out of it. How could it end any other way? It won't be tragic he died, it will be tragic because we knew all along he was going to die, and there wasn't anything that could be done about it. No gaming the system, no technicalities, just crushing inevitability.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

ikanreed posted:

He also lives in a world with raise dead. My guess is he'll take a bullet that he knows is coming, but isn't interested in staying dead.

I bet chaotic good heaven is boss.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I don't agree that Laurin or Miron want Tarquin dead. I just don't think there's any basis for that.

Also, I wonder if Julio referring to Tarquin as Tarkie is related to how Miron refers to Tarquin as Tarkie.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I cannot wait for Rich to just absolutely shred Tarquin in every physical and emotional sense. I wonder if it will be worth it to read the OoTS forums for tears.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Also peculiar how he believes that a reader will only want one or the other. Personally, I wouldn't buy both, but I feel like there's plenty of evidence to the contrary that there are plenty of people who would buy both, especially if bundled.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

Mniot posted:

There's also the one panel joke " that happens when you get older, sometimes" about how Redcloak isn't particularly gleeful about killing a paladin, even though we'd expect him to be.

You might be stretching on that one a little. That's a classic boner joke from Xykon.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
They aren't sticks anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
The new thrall will get his spell slots refreshed at night, as opposed to tomorrow now, right?