Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM

Kajeesus posted:

If a mother saying "I want you to find a nice lass or lad to settle down with" is so hamfisted as to be unbearable for you, I am amazed you're able to enjoy any kind of media whatsoever.

The line's a little weird because it sort of implies that Durkon's mom doesn't know own her son's orientation. (Unless he's bisexual, but I don't think we've seen anything that suggests that?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

Comic.

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Is this one of those things where they immediately decided she was their fantasy paladin waifu as soon as she was introduced and refused to accept when it turned out it wasn't what they'd made up in their heads?

Lol if your fantasy paladin waifu isn't O-Chul.

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

Eh, I'm not convinced that the Dark One would get pissed; he should, but people with a victim complex tend to justify all sorts of hypocritical things if its against their supposed wrong doers.

Those drat victims of systemic racial oppression and outright genocide (and also getting murdered at a peaceful diplomatic meeting), always with the victim complexes.

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

even though they seem to not give a single poo poo about you dragging around a chaotic evil goblin party member or a neutral evil undead murderer.

This is the number one weirdest thing in Kingmaker for me. Why the gently caress are Valerie, Linzi, Tristan, Ekundayo, and Octavia (not to mention all your NPC buddies) just totally cool with hanging out with Jaethal, an undead abomination mostly known for murdering those closest to her in order to please her Evil goddess? And that's before we even get into the ridiculous poo poo that happens in her sidequest.

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

Len posted:

8 Bit Theater needs to change the title of the page Longest Set Up In Webcomic History
I am now having a small existential crisis after realizing that 8-bit theater ended almost twelve entire years ago. Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Man I wonder what exactly it is that these gamer webcomics have kinda mostly died out

To be fair, the early 2000s webcomic boom produced a lot of garbage. I'm not surprised people got tired of making and reading 'two wacky gamers talk about games' comics or videogame sprite comics (especially when for every 8-Bit Theater or Kid Radd there were literally hundreds of Bob and George knock-offs on angelfire and geocities).