Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
This sure throws a wrench into Roy and the gang's plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Shugojin posted:

Double mutiny! :argh:

Looks like they'll need two planks!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I never expected to see them again. Pretty cool.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Hahaha Hel's gonna be so pissed abut this.

And Loki's gonna gloat so hard right to her face.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I wonder if instead of Durkon getting resurrected Thor is going to send him to personally speak to The Dark One on his behalf. That bypasses Redcloak altogether and would cause a lot of internal conflict (and dramatic story moment) if The Dark One told him the plan has changed on the cusp of him realizing the current plan.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Nice mention from Thor about how pissed Rat is about the destruction of Azure City.

Rat is the god who told The Dark One about the Snarl and that the gods had purposefully made the Goblins cannon fodder.

Must be feeling responsible for the consequences of that.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Imagine if we had universal healthcare and Rich and Rob didn't have to worry about paying ridiculous medical bills :smith:

The Goblins comic author would be dead or destitute if he was American instead of Canadian from that brain hemorrhage he had.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

This old lady is going to vote to end the world of her own free will so she doesn't have to go to these meetings anymore.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I wonder what the gods will do in terms of world making when the Snarl is beaten? It was mentioned at the meeting some are bored with the current world. Loki just stated he's not a fan of the fantasy setting. Hel will be livid if she's locked into this deal forever. Will they make multiple worlds?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Oh wow.

I completely forgot about these three.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

It's funny how Redcloak nearly doomed the world right there and then. What no one in setting knows beside Loki and Thor is if this goes sideways then Loki is switching to support Hela to make sure his daughter has enough souls to last until the next world. I wonder how close he'll let Team Evil get to destroying the gate before he flips his vote? That red line hasn't been made clear yet.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's not a reasonable response at all, because it's clearly Redcloak conflating his ends and means. The Plan was to use the gates as a threat, and he's already done that; it's even been told to him that the Dark One can use the rifts as a bargaining tool with the rest of the gods whether he directly controls them or not, because he's the only one who can plug them up for good.

If he's going to refuse things being offered to him, not even try to honor negotiations and continue on with the ritual, claiming that he's on "the threshold of victory", it means that he's more focused on the ritual than on any kind of theoretical change or improvement that could be achieved with its threat. Maybe he'd even prefer oblivion to living with all the things he's done.

The missing piece of information for us readers here is The Dark One himself. We know his Plan, but not what he knows or what he is thinking at this point in time. Does he know he won't make it the next world or that the other gods are on the verge of destroying this one?

This seems to be the perfect moment for him to be sending envoys to the other gods saying, "let's talk about the goblins place in this world." Instead he's cut all communication and yes he did that because he was pissed they withheld knowledge of the Snarl from him, but how is the Plan suppose to work when the Goblin God is bunkered down and melting all messagers who come his way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

sebmojo posted:

I love roy asking elan for advice

It was great and a :kimchi: moment for me.