Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Rose wood posted:

does anyone think of V as female?

Belkar? :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

I'm ok with people discussing it, like the_steve said it's a D&D based comic! I just get annoyed by the people who think that everything that happens in the comic needs to be completely grounded within the ruleset of a D&D world. It's not the end-all-beat-all reasoning for every itty-bitty thing that happens.

yeah I have to say, speaking as someone who doesn't play D&D (but is familiar with the D&D ruleset) I came into this thread expecting a discussion on the comic, not on whether or not 3.5 supports critical fumbles and what level Paladin Miko is or was.

I guess it's more of I was thinking "mostly comic, less D&D" discussion instead of "hardcore D&D discussion oh hey there's a comic." Nothing wrong with talking shop, just a lot more than I expected.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I figure it's time for everyone to play the baseless prediction game:

The schism in town means Lord Evil Bad Guy Xykon will win. Hinjo will go with the Order as penance/to prevent it from happening again, filling out the role of Miko's opposite when she joins the Linear Guild.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The Werle posted:

Nah, they'll successfully beat off the siege after Roy whups the Lords of Azure City into submission.

My prediction for the battle is the death of Redcloak. Its time for a new henchman to rise.

I don't think so, only because there are 5 gates, and at this point 4 left, right?

Using the exponential plot points to strip length calculator, 2 will fall, 3 will fall in a while, 4 will fall in a long-rear end time, and 5 will a long time after that, and then the end of the strip will get drawn out to infinity at that point. :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

OFF THE SLIPPY SLIDE. Katana elementals? That is so ridiculous I can't even laugh at you.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

the_steve posted:

Katana elementals would be the most hardcore loving thing ever :colbert:

Maybe, but the OOTS joke was that there are, you know, actual elements on the periodic table, and making fun of fire not being in any way an element. Nothing he hasn't done many times before, taking a gag off D&D rules. Someone coming in here crying about deus ex machinas and katana elementals is just bloody ridiculous.

It's not even a deus ex machina, either. :mad:

(We all know that broadsword elementals would kick the crap out of your katana elementals. :v: )

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Robot Bastard posted:

That, and someone who doesn't understand why "Bat 21" has a radar screen... :sigh:

Well, c'mon. That movie was awful. But I got it right away. I think that makes me an immense nerd :sigh:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

What the hell word would you expect them to use instead of "fire"?

Aside from the part where it's a completely acceptable word to use, there are plenty of other choices. Missile combat has been around for a long, long time ;) But really it DOES NOT MATTER, everyone reading this comic knows what fire means in this context and ugh I'm not talking about this any more.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

FMguru posted:

Nice fakeout in the last three panels.

More like "nice way to give the finger to a bunch of forum scrubs," if you ask me.

I like it :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Shut up about alignment, please. The argument is pointless, Burlew will say which way it really happened if and when it's relevant, and we've had pages and pages and pages of moronic debate about it.

LET IT GO

also let go your hate of wavedashing in SSBM, while we're at it. Just sayin'.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

sakesniper posted:

Roy's dad's newest afterlife girlfriend is going to be Miko you heard it here first folks

I would laugh so very, very hard if this were the case. It would be awesome.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Robot Bastard posted:

Belkar: "I am sick to death of the color blue!" Is that a shout-out to these forums? I recall exactly that sentence being posted here.

Maybe ... he's a GOON!?!

Honestly, Belkar just said what we were all thinking. I doubt it's specific to BSS.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Okay, I don't know what Rule #34 is or whatever, but I vote it never gets invoked again.

Ever.

:gonk:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

DaveWoo posted:

Can someone mirror it?

Sure. It worked for me after hitting F5 once, though.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

He had, I quote, "sort of a health flare-up this weekend" so his schedule is all screwed up.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I doubt we're going to. There's no real reason to burn that particular gimmick at the moment unless it's supposed to be a setup for V saying "well actually I do seem to have some spells left today."

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Sock posted:

Why did Haley shoot Roy in the balls? :raise:

Plot point for when (not if) he gets revived, I guess. :confused:

See also: Will Smith shooting Martin Lawrence in the rear end in the fine cinematic masterwork, Bad Boys 2.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Choke Babies Now posted:

but he's now being taught how to not be a total moron about his spells? This can only end well.

Well it is Elan. He could probably forget this tomorrow and it'd be in character, or he could remember it and it'd be character development. It can go either way! :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

MathFreak posted:

"The Little Psion Who Could" was brilliant, I think. But then, I'm a huge sucker for throwaway jokes.

:mad:

You know it was a few years after I started using this alias that I learned it had a D&D connotation.

I figured I could just ignore it. But noooooo.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The Werle posted:

That's what you get for namesearching, you gloryhound :colbert:

Actually I was figuring someone would have brought it up in particular, what with me posting in the OOTS thread multiple times before. But that didn't happen!

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 17, 2007

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

sansuki posted:

I will laugh if strip #500 is nothing more than Eugene showing Roy what happened/is happening, and the entire group is crucified.

Place your bets, who's still alive down below!

Maybe it's just me, but ever since Burlew took that break, OOTS has been really on its a-game. I hope he can keep it up.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The Werle posted:

Hahahhahahaha! Why doesn't this happen more?

Because everyone's busy reading the comic that really did just update now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The Werle posted:

Just how gullible do you think these people are?

Well given the posts after the first "It just updated!" post, I'm going to guess "pretty gullible."

Personally, I cannot believe Roy finally reconciled with his father in order to give Haley a chance at reviving him