Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

greatn posted:

Do liches have level drain or anything like that(touch attacks)? If not, it seems like it would be extremely effective to grapple one, give him no somatic or material components.(Xykon probably has still casting, but he's pretty much out of higher level spell slots at this point). Actually, that's how Roy beat him the first time. Grapple, threw into the gate(this gate doesn't have the 'can only be touched by good' rule though.

Paralyzing Touch and a touch attack according to the Srd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Jesus Christ. This story started out boring with people saying they'd skip it in the trades to quite possibly the single most awesome story I've seen in this or any comic

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Well Goddamn.

V is right and proper hosed

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I love O'Chul's line. I'm interested in how belkar will finally go as well. Under a mountain of goblins? Or will he be another victim of xylon to demonstrate again how powerful he is.

He's beaten 2 of the PC's at this point without much effort

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I would be more amused had I not had to wait a month for it

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

High level 3.5 barbs also get some DR. With a nonmagical sword I could see it coming into play

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I just tossed in ten bucks. The comic has been on a roll lately and I'll read any extra stuff rich puts out. The man tells a hell of a story

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I bumped up for all the full color books. He can have my money as long as I keep getting kick rear end comics

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I got the complete story and am still waiting

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Got my kick starter package today!

All the color books plus sketch pads plus coloring books. Whoo

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Huzzah! A new comic!

I hope rich makes a 100% full recovery. He seems very straight up and honest and I love the stories he tells.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Poor Durkon :(

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I literally have no idea what to expect anymore, the order is really really screwed.

I love Belkars smack down though. This entire book has seen some genuine, not pretending character growth from him.

Oh god did that 9 day stretch ruin me though. The wait for new comics is horrible now.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Cliff Racer posted:

Except for the one about Belkar killing Miko or her horse. Despite whatever bullshit logic the comic used that one clearly failed.

The question asked was would he kill Miko, her stupid horse, or the oracle. And he killed the crap out of that oracle so no BS there

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0331.html - The question

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0567.html - Prophecies do come true

Morand fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 26, 2013

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

DrakePegasus posted:

There are no words to describe how pissed Xykon is going to be. He was in this book for less than ten pages!

He's also still pissed off at Redcloak for making him wait in Azure City. This is only going to make that worse.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

He had to turn a legion of positive energy spirits, and most of it off panel.

How about he simply exhausted his daily allotment of turn undeads?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Eifert Posting posted:

The afterlife was tempted to ding Roy for merely associating with Belkar, what are they going to say about aiding a vampire?

Roy pointed out that he pointed Belkar toward a goal AND kept him from causing more harm. In this case they are taking a very powerful vampire cleric and preventing him from feeding on innocents and still pointing him toward a greater evil. They've also stated that, when they can, they will stake and resurrect him to save old Durkon.

To do so now would take away their only source of healing and a decent sort of magical strength. Plus even if vamped he is their friend and they have a better chance of saving him if he is with them and fed by them.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

O'Chul is also a multi classed fighter, so as a pure paladin might not be as awesome as some others.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Why the gently caress is the lamia back? Didn't she go back to her home planet after her sister erased the necklace that made her love minmax or whatever?

God drat you for asking this question. This made me read the whole terrible terrible thing out of a need for an answer. The answer is she just appeared in the last comic for no logical reason.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

This is why I read this dumb comic despite it's sporadic and often frustrating update schedule. Moments of sheer holy poo poo just like these.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I have a hard time thinking of a reason why Durkula would have prepared healing spells today.

Good aligned clerics can spontaneously cast healing, evil aligned ones cast harm instead. If he's good now he won't need to have prepared healing spells

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I still read sluggy freelance out of habit. I started reading it in 01 or 02 and joined the forums and met a ton of cool people and even the author once, hell it's even cause of that strip that I picked up heroclix and won 2 world titles at it so I'll stick with it no matter how much of a mess it becomes since it was a big part of my life for awhile.

I still have 15 webcomics I check each day, honestly I'm probably going to prune to 10 since Cucumber Quest appears to have given up and I've lost the plot on a couple others.

If we want to talk about awesome webcomics still worth reading please go look at Kill Six Billion Demons just for the amazing art alone.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I'm too lazy to link it, but one of the gags way back in the start of the comic stated that Durkon didn't really have a very high Knowledge: Religion skill.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0052.html

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Behold

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0981.html

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Yikes.

Why are they being sued?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Eeepies posted:

Goddamnit i just read up to the latest strip from your link. Why is the story so drat good?

Same and I regret nothing. Great comic

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

paradoxGentleman posted:

Wait, what? Why?

My guess? It's going to be the culmination of his growth as a character. I'm going to guess that belkar will die in a selfless way, maybe the same way Kragor(The dwarf whose tomb this is who I can't remember how to spell) did by holding off some evil while the party does an important task, or taking a bullet for Roy.

Roy is going to be emotionally destroyed by this as he's going to realize despite everything, he came to depend on and care for Belkar despite everything.

Either way I trust Rich to make it satisfying and a huge emotional gutpunch

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I’m think he has said as much already. I forget the strip, but something along the lines of “you ‘heroes’ are the ones destroying the world. It’s not like I’m gonna destroy it, it still has to exist for me to rule it. Well, maybe unless I’m REALLY bored.”

https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0442.html

Bam!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Roland Jones posted:

Given that the guild put his eyes out again the first time he regenerated them, no.

The first time yeah, but the second time was paid for by the guild because he sold out Haley

https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0602.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Regalingualius posted:

Would throwing Xykon into an anti-magic zone instagib him? Since he only exists in his current state because of magic, and he’d obviously be non-compatible with life.

Nah, from the SRD under Anti-Magic Field.

quote:

The spell has no effect on golems and other constructs that are imbued with magic during their creation process and are thereafter self-supporting (unless they have been summoned, in which case they are treated like any other summoned creatures). Elementals, corporeal undead, and outsiders are likewise unaffected unless summoned. These creatures’ spell-like or supernatural abilities, however, may be temporarily nullified by the field.

He’d be in a bad way though as basically anyone in the order save maybe V or Elan could take him one on one at that point. No magic, magic items, paralyzing touch, and other things I am maybe forgetting.