Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Order of the Stick probably has the highest calibre story in all of webcomics. You might want to let people know you have spoilers in the first post description. Just in case someone wants to read it from the start fresh. I know I probably would have made the mistake of reading your post and then ruining a lot of plot developments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

ZorbaTHut posted:

Although, on another point, holy wall of text Rich. I know people who refuse to read the comic just because half the time it's a gigantic text blob.

I think it's stupid to not read a comic of this quality because Rich likes to flesh out his dialogue.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I'd be intereted in flumph stats. What would be the LA if you were to make them PCs?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
What does the curse do exactly?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I like the new "kind of" helpful belkar. He's almost channeling elan now with his kind of meta-narrative sensibility.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Affi posted:

Well we know which alignments they are now! Orange is Lawful Evil, Purple is Neutral Evil and Yellow is Chaotic Stupid.

Their deal is too good to be true! (it is)
They'll have control over V at three occasions of their choosing, and if V makes too many good will saves they can have him for a week even. (they can also have him kill his own family)

edit; Also that strip ended abruptly, second 'page' was only a halfer!

fake edit; Riddled with spelling errors too!

Their names correspond with their alignment as well don't they? I can't check because the site is down but we have CEdric, NEsomething and LEsomething.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
This storyline has been my favourite since the siege of Azure city. The IFCC are amazing. I wish I could create NPCs that brilliant.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Were there not any other spells that could have inflicted a 1 round kill or was harm likely the most powerful spell he had?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Now I'm wondering if Malack's special diet is sinister:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0743.html

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
How much genuine feeling for Elan do you think Tarquin has or is he mostly means to an end?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Yeah I like Tarquin but Xykon is still my favourite villain. I hope Xykon shows him who's boss.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0609.html Just rereading when I got to this connection. I wonder what Tarquin's relationship with Bozzock was.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I wonder how much more story Rich has in mind for the comic anyway.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
In the vein of posting foreshadowing here's "two are you are running late for a pair of family reunions"!

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0330.html

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I'm sure someone already worked this out before but what are the nine sides of the conflict?

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0548.html

1 OotS
2 Xykon
3 Redcloak
4 Linear guild
5 Tarquin
6 IFCC
7 Girard?
8 Serini Toormuck?
9 ?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
When I was rereading I thought Banjo might count as a side as well. That might also play into the whole meta game around the snarl that is based on the Gods. I don't know how exactly but the idea intrigues me. Traditional Gods - Dark One - Banjo.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Wow, it's like Rich just tries to make every Paladin an awesome apology for Miko!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Actually, looking back at the start of the thread posting/discussing goblins has actually been with us from page 1.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I thought the strip was okay but it seemed a little silly that with such a good plan Roy didn't have some contingency in mind for teleport. He actually seems surprised they're doing it because he suddenly has to ask Durkon if he can stop them somehow.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Man I miss OotS, any idea when it will come back? Did all the KS stuff go down the tube as well?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
How many strips in a row is that now?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I for one am glad this comic run happened over this event. Waiting day to day was agonising enough but I feel like all the questions and speculation we've had have been answered.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I can't really seem Team Evil stomping the Linear guild unless the Monster in the Dark finally shows himself and kicks rear end. If it's just Redcloak and Zykon then they're facing 6 characters. Unless Xykon can one shot a few of them the number of attacks and spells coming his and Redcloaks way are nothing to sniff at.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Can anyone actually tell us what fiends those are and link to their SRD entries?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
UGH! Man that hurts because I'm dying for resolution but at the same time it's perfectly understandable.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I think the most interesting thing is that while Belkar has taken a slow swerve away from evil, Durkon has now taken a rather sharp plunge into it. Perhaps he'll be the one to object to him rejoining the party perhaps even putting him at odds with Roy.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

sebmojo posted:

I think the point about eyes is possibly a good one, that eyes aren't mentioned in the strip but are in the Go rule. But it's probably just a picture of his head, which doesn't help too much (it's... head shaped?)

That particular shape is also invincible/unkillable. Once a shape has two eyes it will last until the end of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Green Intern posted:

The Super Wizard definitely has all the powers we've seen the MitD use. Good thinking.

What super wizard?