Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot
thanks to you guys' constant babbling about this comic in the webcomic thread, I just went through the archives. I don't regret it ! this one is staying in my bookmarks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot
I interrupt this fascinating argument to say

Cowcaster posted:

Miko's gonna murder that paralyzed guy trying to destroy the gate so hard.

but she doesn't know about the gate, right? In fact, her not knowing stuff led to a lot of problems a while ago.

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot

maltesh posted:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0460.html , third panel from the end.

She knows about the gate.

Oh! Whoops. I guess I assumed she didn't know what it was since she came so close to chopping it in half.

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot

Wolfsheim posted:

I wonder, now that Soon has no purpose, will his ghost vanish? Just sort of hang out? Try to attack Miko?

I hope he gives Miko a good talking-to

and she feels REALLY BAD

:mad:

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot

farraday posted:

The next one on the list is Girad's gate which is surrounded by cunning illusions.

That sounds pretty fun

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot
he might also be thinking of all the nobles he might have to talk to soon. all raggin' on him for "abandoning" the city and implying they wouldn't have lost the battle.

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot
could we maybe talk about erfworld in its own thread, or in the main webcomics thread? it really doesn't have anything to do with oots aside from being hosted on the same site. I mean if no one else minds then whatever it's just my opinion you know v:shobon:v

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot
yeah
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4909

this should probably go in the OP

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot

bgaesop posted:

Also, since you apparently are not satisfied with those:

who and why

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot

Archyduke posted:

I sort of agree. I think all the animosity towards it stems from the fact that its hosted right alongside OotS, which is a much, much better comic. If Erfworld was just out there existing on its own site, I probably wouldn't feel as irritated about its little quirks.

If it moved off to its own site sometime I think it could still carve out a little niche for itself, based on the responses and interest its generated in this thread alone.

if it were on its own site we also wouldn't be talking about it in this thread though v:shobon:v

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot

Affi posted:

Also what is the fire ant or whatever referring to by saying "0 for 5 sucker".

belkar stabbed five times and he hit zero times

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot

Dr. Ron Paul posted:

Why?

Red_Mage posted:

Nothing is obscene compared to the Tarrasque

quote:

Carapace (Ex)

The tarrasque’s armorlike carapace is exceptionally tough and highly reflective, deflecting all rays, lines, cones, and even magic missile spells. There is a 30% chance of reflecting any such effect back at the caster; otherwise, it is merely negated. Check for reflection before rolling to overcome the creature’s spell resistance.

edit: I don't know much d&d stuff though, and "it is merely negated" doesn't really match up with "overcome the creature's spell resistance" in my mind, so I'm probably missing something

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot

Vicissitude posted:

My personal favorite is Nailed to the Sky. You teleport the target into geosynchronous orbit. They take fire, cold and untyped damage (from vaccuum) every round and immediately begin to suffocate. They can't get down unless they can fly or teleport, neither of which the tarrasque can do. If you can get up there with him, just protect yourself with whatever magic you need and give him a little Telekinesis shove towards the nearest sun.

pushing something out of geosynchronous orbit won't make it fall towards the sun don't be silly

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot

NorgLyle posted:

But seriously though, who cares at this point. I mean we're like eight strips and two+ weeks since our last honest-to-god punchline. The destruction of the Azure City has apparently not at all limited the inhabitants ability to exist and suck the joy from the strip with a +5 brilliant energy vacuum.

I don't read generic fantasy novels off the shelf at Rite-Aid (anymore) because I honestly do not care about seeing the Guy That Nobody Ever Thought Would Amount To Anything grow into a leader who Comes Through When It Counts.

I'm deeply afraid that this is going to turn into another Shortpacked where I'm reading for the occasional Batman/Transformers joke strip but otherwise just clicking it every morning because it's already on my bookmarks.

i liked it when redcloak cast disintegrate on that dude and then yelled at him

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot
i thought he sounded like every fictional dwarf i've ever heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot

J.A.B.C. posted:

That one boss guy from 'Office Space'= Redcloak