Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trips
Jun 4, 2001

posca

fennec fox posted:

I thought Minoriteam was crap at first myself, but now I pine for dvds.

I liked 12 oz. Mouse. No, I do NOT also like to eat my own vomit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

DarkSideofTheMoon posted:

And when Saul stabbed the king right in the loving face.

when sparta all died 2 minuets into the show

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

Yeah, I like Saul. I admit, some of the "THIS SHOW IS CHEAP AND CHEESY" jokes do fall flat, but it seems like a great step above a lot of the poo poo Adult Swim has been shoveling out lately.

agony spire
Jun 13, 2001
I can't get into the Saul show although it looked funny in the commercials. Still, better than anime.

Back to the matter at hand! I got my ticket for the T&E tour at the Echo in LA. I'm not sure what to expect and may regret it but oh well!

Rock Strongo
Dec 24, 2004

"It's said he killed a dragon once...but not this time"
I think i'm going to the New York Tim and Eric show, anyone else?

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

I actually really like Saul of the Molemen. Partly because Saul's the guy who was Gerhard Reinke.

The first episode was a bit dull, but the second was hilarious. Johnny Tambourine and "I'm a mole man, just like one a youse!" Plus, the lovely Sid & Marty Croft aspect of it is pretty funny.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

agony spire posted:

I can't get into the Saul show although it looked funny in the commercials. Still, better than anime.

Back to the matter at hand! I got my ticket for the T&E tour at the Echo in LA. I'm not sure what to expect and may regret it but oh well!

Expect AWESOME. I am a better person for being no more than 10 feet away from a live rendition of an Uncle Muscles performance.

JasciTheFish
Dec 21, 2006

Right, I forgot, here in the States, you call it a *sausage* in the mouth.
I can't get enough of Dr. Steve Brule tips scenes. The stop drop and roll one gets me laughing everytime.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Just watched the second episode, and I noticed something. I hated TGTTM but I caught it a few times and one episode was the Bass Fest episode, and in this episode of Tim & Eric, when they're writing the song about the rolos Eric is wearing a Bass Fest T-Shirt.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!
I didn't like the first episode a lot (it didn't help that I had already seen the B'Owl and hacky sack sketches) but the second episode seems to be an improvement and I like it.

I still have no idea what to think about Saul. I don't really like it but I feel compelled to watch.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
God I just rewatched episode two and I think if you rewatch the episodes you get even more out of them. I didn't like the second episode as much as the first until just now when I rewatched it and realized that they both combine to make me think this is one totally awesome show. Great job!

Jordan Hass
Jan 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Lip Limp sounds like a disease on House

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Dr. Steve Brule is having a breakdown because he thought someone was dead but wasn't.

Also whore's milk.

Edit: Balls.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
So this is basically a crappy version of wondershowzen?

tastysoup
Jun 7, 2004

Die screaming, you pig-spawned trollop.

judge reinhold posted:

No, nothing will ever compare to wondershowzen. This show is cute though. And sans puppets.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Waffleopolis posted:

Dr. Steve Brule is having a breakdown because he thought someone was dead but wasn't.

If there was a show that consisted of nothing but John C. Reilly spazzing out, I'd be president of its fanclub.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

al sharptons hair posted:

If there was a show that consisted of nothing but John C. Reilly spazzing out, I'd be president of its fanclub.

YES.

Man, he got so excited about reporting on cars :smith:

Double-Neg
Oct 27, 2003

Boo Hoo :(

<3 Magic Hat!
I was looking into the T+E tour coming to boston but it seems as though they postponed the boston date. :(

COOLGUY TRUE
Jan 7, 2005

Too True! Cool, too.

judge reinhold posted:

Wondershowzen was funny I'll admit, but it was 90% WOO WE'RE OFFENSIVE and rarely was it funny outside of clarence and beat kids.

edit: this show is seriously nothing like wonder showzen seriously

COOLGUY TRUE fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 19, 2007

Andre Weed 420
Feb 19, 2007

by angerbot
oh jesus i love tim and eric so much, i'd go gay for them if i had the chance

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!
Steve Brule's epic meltdown gets funnier every time I see it, as do the kittens making out in the introduction.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

slagmatic posted:

Steve Brule's epic meltdown gets funnier every time I see it, as do the kittens making out in the introduction.
The whole intro just reeks of awesome. The jumpsuits and the lasers and the sax? awesome.

Great episode, on par or better than the first.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I liked the first episode better myself, but I'm still loving this show. I was worried when they decided to stop doing Tom Goes to the Mayor, but I think this was the right choice.

I can't wait until next week. I can't stop talking at the long legs segment from the commercial.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Now think about your dad!

I want to meet that dad!

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
The backgrounds with the explosion of cat heads during the credits would make a perfect screen saver.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

I just realized that the Fix works on Macs nowadays, so I loaded up Awesome Show and immediately cracked up at "Hello, Cinco? Yeah, it happened again! :mad:"

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

whoever made those animated gifs last time:

Please make one of the midget twirling in, punching the guy in the nuts and twiliring out going back and forth. I want it to be my new avatar.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-
Posting to enjoy my new custom title. The second episode is great, but this is still the best face Eric has made so far.

Stalwart Humdinger
Feb 10, 2006

robot roll call posted:

Please make one of the midget twirling in, punching the guy in the nuts and twiliring out going back and forth. I want it to be my new avatar.

I'll try and get to this later today.

YancyDCjew posted:

Posting to enjoy my new custom title. The second episode is great, but this is still the best face Eric has made so far.

Yay! Could this be the beginning of the Tim and Eric avatar army?

...No, probably not.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-

Stalwart Humdinger posted:

Yay! Could this be the beginning of the Tim and Eric avatar army?

...No, probably not.

As a proud member of the Arrested Development Avatar army, I have no hopes of entering a new army. There are two of us now, maybe more from TGGTM. Thanks again for making mine!

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

Yeah, checking in to say thanks as well.

The more I think about the sketches, the funnier they get.

Steve Brule spining around into the egg crate stuff, Eric rubbing the rolo on his upper lip, The Rolo theme song at the end.

I always loved the married news team from Tom Goes to the Mayor, so this show truly is awesome.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I've never seen a show more capable of instantly triggering 12 minutes of uncomfortable silence in a crowded room before.

COOLGUY TRUE
Jan 7, 2005

Too True! Cool, too.
Today I caught Saul & The Molemen but I really couldn't find it funny

It's shooting for something and just missing, it seems like it could have been really funny but I think that the show sort of clashes with itself. The characters/lack of enthusiasm/whatever conflicts with the nature of the show it's parodying and just leaves it at a point where all the jokes fall flat

Matilda the Hun
Feb 2, 2007
Blitzkrieg!

Biff Rockgroin posted:

The more I think about the sketches, the funnier they get.

I have that too. Today I could not stop thinking about Steve Brule's excitement at reporting about cars. Every time I thought about how happy he looked and the crappy cars on his little bluescreen I almost lost it. It reminds me of Mr. Show, where a lot of the sketches get 10 times funnier the second time you watch them.

I really loved the kids instructional video parts. Especially the "Get Sexy Kids!" prompt where Eric got really into it and Tim just looked sad and waved a "no" at the camera. Poor little guy just wasn't ready to be sexy.

Stalwart Humdinger
Feb 10, 2006

Consumer Reporter posted:

Today I caught Saul & The Molemen but I really couldn't find it funny

It's shooting for something and just missing, it seems like it could have been really funny but I think that the show sort of clashes with itself. The characters/lack of enthusiasm/whatever conflicts with the nature of the show it's parodying and just leaves it at a point where all the jokes fall flat

I've only seen one episode, and from what I can tell Johnny Tamborine is the only funny thing about the show. And he's not even that funny. v:geno:v

edit:

robot roll call posted:

I can only seem to get it down to 45K. If anyone else wants to edit it, though, feel free.

Stalwart Humdinger fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 20, 2007

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Stalwart Humdinger posted:

I've only seen one episode, and from what I can tell Johnny Tamborine is the only funny thing about the show. And he's not even that funny. v:geno:v

edit:

I can only seem to get it down to 45K. If anyone else wants to edit it, though, feel free.

That's pretty awesome. Thanks!

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

JasciTheFish posted:

I can't get enough of Dr. Steve Brule tips scenes. The stop drop and roll one gets me laughing everytime.

Yeah I think that and the Balls insurance made this last episode for me. It's weird as I hated Tom Goes to the Mayor and I love this show; yet, my friends that loved Tom hate this show.

Also am I the only one that really misses Korgoth?

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax
Jesus Christ I love this show. "Slap your hands" / "Think about your dad" is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time, and I can't articulate why.

These guys are geniuses. Now buying my tickets to the Chapel Hill show (NC goons represent :whatup:).

taste sensation
Nov 2, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I absolutely love Tim & Eric. I've got every TGTTM on DVD, and T&EAS,GJ is shaping up well. The second episode is especially great. I swear to god, I have rarely laughed harder at anything then watching the "Doo Dah Doo Doo" sketch end and having the frame start walking around and jump into a bush as a wipe.

Also, already knowing that T&E love making jingles made that scene extra hilarious. The remix during the credits was gold.

Speaking of polarizing shows, I also loved Stella more than anything. If we could get Stella back on the air with permanent T&E projects, I would never leave the house.

Saul sucks though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty
Rewatching this on the fix, the one thing aside from Brule that gets me laughing is the dance instructor. Something about the way he freaks out over the rotten meat, and he's still vaguely dancing when the music is off and there's that awkward silence.