Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Russian Dollies posted:

Ugh. I have a friend that worked on this show, and while he loved Tom Goes to the Mayor, he said this show was pretty much crap. It's apparently nothing like TGTTM, and more avant garde.

That's awesome, and Tom Goes to the Mayor wasn't even remotely avant garde. If you've ever had to deal with local government, that show was completely spot-on and made perfect sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Jack Burton Windu posted:

Why do we need children's toy commercial parodies and awkward local tv personalities when everyone already knows that stuff is stupid?

Because some people find it funny?

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Waffleopolis posted:

Dr. Steve Brule is having a breakdown because he thought someone was dead but wasn't.

If there was a show that consisted of nothing but John C. Reilly spazzing out, I'd be president of its fanclub.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Babylonian posted:

I think I have it worse. They are coming to Chapel Hill, but I can't go. :smith: Cat's Cradle, who's hosting the event, has no age restriction, but its being presented at Local 506, which has an alcohol license, so I can't come.

Bummer.

Looks like I might be driving down to Chapel Hill in the near future.:dance:

edit: oh poo poo it's tomorrow. gently caress.:(

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

robot roll call posted:

Regardless, I would like to give Dr Mega Taco a good poke.

I wanna break a coffee pot over his head.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

S.Cody-kun posted:

were we supposed to recognize that guy on the beach with the fanny pack?

I don't know, but the The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly reference was hilarious.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Seven Force posted:

I dunno guys, I thought that mattress scene was pretty loving funny.

My local matress place brags about their "Amish built wood frames!". It makes me wish they'd show a crazed, blook-soaked Amish guy bludgeoning the bloated announcer with his hand-made hammer.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

livingfruitvirus posted:

Oh God. He looks like he should be in a commercial texting JOKE to 4923884083.

Either that or selling you nasal spray, or yelling at you about some crazy sale on last year's models this Saturday at the local Ford dealership.

My favorite part was the parody of Whose Line Is It Anyway. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that show was the antithesis of humor. Even the British version. It wasn't funny when I first saw it in the early 90s and it isn't funny now.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Babylonian posted:

My brother showed me this saying it reminded him so much of T&E. I completely agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

It's always funny whenever the HOT HOT HOT video turns up. I know the people who made it, and they could easily be characters from Tom Goes To The Mayor. The genius of that show, and Tim & Eric in general, is how well they understand silly goober poo poo like the bumpkin local government folks that genuinely make crap like that video and think it's high art.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Mr Viper posted:

I don't know how many of you watch Reaper, but Ray Wise (the guy in the Business Hugs commercials) plays the devil on that show, which made each and every business hug scene amazing.

Ray Wise wears a power suit like nobody else can. It's that haircut.

I lost it at Steve Brule's viral video where he started appropriating old AC/DC songs.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Mike_V posted:

They really nailed the early 90s aesthetic in the divorce part. Those haircuts were unbelievable.

The daughter's hair in particular made me think they were going to do a spoof of Troll 2.

BertrandRussell posted:

The divorce scene and the finale of C.O.R.B.S. are the only things that can top Ray Wise; if you don't know him from Reaper, he was also Leland Palmer in Twin Peaks, one of the best characters of all time.

He's also really good as Kristy Swanson's dad in The Chase.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Dr_Strangelove posted:

I'M THE WEIRD MAN
I'M NUTS
I'M CRAAAYYYZAAAYYY!

I'M TALKIN' TO MY PUPPET FRIEND ABOUT THE ALIENS!

I hope David Liebe Hart is OK with this... :smith:

I'm sure they explained it to him as depicting what any other network/show would do with him by making him the butt of a joke.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
The only thing that could have possibly made it funnier is if they managed to make fun of lovely Christian "extreme teen" shows that mine the same depths as G4 but comically all look like parodies of 1998 themselves.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

robot roll call posted:

Is that Eric's dad doing the Exxx-actly thing right at the end? That would be pretty funny seeing as Tim's dad does the Abso-Lutely they usually use.

It's Gregg Turkington aka Neil Hamburger

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
The only thing I can criticize the new episode for is that Mr. Show did a better parody of celebrity telethons a decade ago.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
Frank Stallone!

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

-Atom- posted:

Zach Galifianakis was the funniest part of everything he's been apart of.

The only disappointing thing about him is his yelling at a dumb chick yakking on her cell phone is an act.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Detective No. 27 posted:

They better release an extended Minivan Highway on their next album.

That was a really inspired take on Kraftwerk's Autobahn.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Superabound posted:

This current episode with Tommy Wiseau really makes me wonder if theres some loser factory out there they get a discount at. Do they just go down to the unemployment office/free clinic and ask random people if they want a job?

70% of LA's population is comprised of failed/underemployed actors who have been driven half-insane. So yes, in fact there is a loser factory.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
You as white as Larry Bird brah.

A Jim & Derrick spinoff would be totally tits.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
I giggled at John C. Reilly disrobing in front of children.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Dmitri-9 posted:

Jim come get your drat land.

I'm not gonna hold these all day.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
You know who they really need to get on the show?

John Laroquette

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
They're going to have to edit out the first 30 minutes of gratuitous sex scenes.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

robot roll call posted:

as evidenced by his gripping interviewing skills of slowly summarizing an episode of Tim and Eric

That's how he expresses his appreciation. Dude's what they call in the industry trainable

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
Every time I see one of those lovely General auto insurance ads I think of crackers and snacks.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
Wow, Jeffrey Tambor and the Crypt Keeper had a kid.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Chairman Capone posted:

I still think it's really weird that the woman who announced them at the beginning went on to be one of the main actors in 24. And as a result slobbered over by Rush Limbaugh.

And the only reason why she was on Mr. Show was she was loving David Cross.

e: sucks Adult Swim didn't pick up the Neil Hamburger game show, that looked like a lot of fun.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

YancyDCjew posted:

I normally wouldn't watch videos for whatever type of music Major Lazer is, but they're actually kind of catchy. I wonder if I would dig it as much if there wasn't frightening and awesome visuals to go along with it.

It's kind of an odd track on that album, but in that context it's just an okay dance pop tune. The hook is a little tacked-on.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

dj_clawson posted:

And talk shows in general, holy loving poo poo.

With a bit of Food Network on the side. Tim's look is definitely from Guy Fieri.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
Danny Trejo is a good sport.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Seriously though, if any of you guys are wondering about DLH & Quall read this, if you havent yet.
http://myperegrination.com/Journal/Entries/2010/1/13_Suffering_from_a_Broken_Hart.html

Somebody needs to get hold of an in-home aid at the nearest social services department for him. Having all that crap in that tiny apartment will make him extremely sick.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
I think it's more they just find diarrhea product commercials amusing. I know I do.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
LEAVE THOSE LOGS IN THERE FOR ME TO INSPECT!!!!

I wanna see them...I wanna see what you've done...

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

waitaminute posted:

I agree with all of this but I don't necessarily think that pushing the envelope = high class comedy that those Family Guy watching plebes will never get. When they're doing a parody of something it doesn't take a genius to figure out all of the nuances of it. The intentionally bad acting, intentionally fuzzy bad camera work, bad :krad: graphics, the quick cuts, whatever else they do.. It's different for sure, maybe even groundbreaking, but there's nothing to "get". It's smartly done and well made but saying something like "you just don't get it" about this show makes whoever is saying it look like a shut in that thinks Adult Swim is high art and Applebee's is fine cuisine.

I loved the last episode.

I like the look of their sets when they make fun of the early 90s- lots of pastels and rattan.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
Kristen Wiig should go on Awesome Show. She does well with good writing.

Still wanna see her do a show called Wiigin' Out.

Khurath posted:

Really, this is why I enjoy this show so much. They've created a surprisingly coherent alternate universe where poo poo is king, where James Quall is a huge celebrity and dangerous/nonsensical Cinco products inspire such customer loyalty that the brothers Cinco hold press events much like Steve Jobs does in our reality. Nothing about their reality makes any drat sense at all, but watching them flesh it out right down to the little details like their own bizarre jargon ("pep-pep" being the most commonly noted example) is really enjoyable to me. It's one of the few shows that seems to get more entertaining with each watching - the first time I see an episode I rarely laugh, but after three or four viewings I'm choking up with laughter as I start to actually make some sense of the weird things they're doing.

It's a strange sort of show that really only seems to be funny on the most basic level (the poo poo jokes and ugly people) or if you've got the patience to start thinking way too hard about the weird language people in their universe use, or the bizarre situations they find themselves in.

I dunno aboot all that; I think it's more that it's an intentionally funny version of The ButterCream Gang.

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

It was incredible.

I did have a black son until this rear end in a top hat killed him, so gently caress you guys.

cheap sunglasses fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 13, 2010

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
It's the Bunk!

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
Lots of pee this episode.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
Marilyn Manson got fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

glompix posted:

That episode started amazingly, but started to wane a bit. The Paynus brothers thing didn't really connect. The TGTTM throwback made it all better, though. That was awesome show.

I liked that they blended the sexualization of the Jonas Bros with the creepy Billy Ray/Miley Cyrus father as Svengali angle.