Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
God damnit, I'll be sitting at work minding my own business and GOOD NEWS, CIGARETTE JUICE! pops into my head. About 100 times a day. And it comes with a mental image of Spaghett covered in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

blindhaberdasher posted:

hey, remember that horrible embarrassing interview tim & eric did with that spike feresten guy? well they went on that show again:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/73328/talkshow-with-spike-feresten-tim-and-eric

Other than the host not seeming to be too familiar with T&E's show, I didn't think the first one was as terrible as everyone made it out to be.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Hair of the dog, might as well have a 4th.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

The Duke posted:

Also, Cinco Cigarette Juice is one of the nastiest things they've ever done.

GOOD NEWS! Cigarette Juice! For your health.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Eric tweeted another big announcement is coming tomorrow. Maybe they're doing a Thurgivin special too.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Check out On Cinema podcast in the itunes store when you get the chance. They're short and hysterical.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

"It's not gonna make any sense" - Tim Heidecker, regarding T&E B$M

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I heard a few people saying they liked it more on second viewing and I think I agree. I'd still enjoy 90min of straight Awesome Show more, but it does have it's moments.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

It went from seafood dumpster diving to drinking marina water to vomiting the second he stepped foot on the boat. Amazing.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

bobservo posted:

Time to get the Dobis PR theme stuck in my head for another loving month!

Dobis-p-dobis-p-dobis-p-do-do-do

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

No Mods No Masters posted:

I thought it was fantastic, but in general it's very polarizing. It is unequivocally not a Tim and Eric Funny Jokes Movie so if you go in expecting that you will be disappointed. It is basically an all out attack on a certain subspecies of hipster, and if that doesn't connect with you then it might just bore you. Your mileage may vary v :shobon: v

We must have watched different movies because while it wasn't a celebration of hipsters it certainly didn't do anything to attack them. It was like a kind of mini-documentary following an idiot spending his dying father's money who had leech weirdo friends. Not very enjoyable or interesting as nothing really happens. You could watch the first 20 minutes and you've seen the whole thing. It's one of those "no plot, no character development" type movies.

minimalist posted:

the same point could have been brought across by a 10-20 minute short film.

This.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

To me and you it was, because I thought "man what a lovely group of people" but my point was more that somebody who either already lives that kind of life or dreams of doing so would see it as a cool "day in the life" type of film and probably wouldn't see it as an attack on them. I guess the missing overtness specifically is why I don't think it is an attack. It's open to interpretation based on the viewers own mindset.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Very excited!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Gregg's outfit is amazing.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

insideoutsider posted:

W.C. Fields was the best part of the Oscar Special. Skip to 03:59:00 for his best contribution to the Oscar celebration.

I don't know, Tim going apeshit on Matthew McConaughey's speech made me lose my poo poo.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Or put a black dingus in your mouth until milk comes out.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Got tickets for Chicago. I forgot about the presale and drat they were selling crazy fast. Three different times I had picked tickets and before I could get to the checkout someone had snatched them first.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I'm going to one of the Chicago shows. I want you to both tell me all about it and tell me nothing so I can go in cold. So conflicted, but excited!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I liked how they never explained why he mentioned his wife then said he wasn't married. Plus how they got all worked up about the game but seemed to have no TV.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Went to the second Chicago show last night. I had a good time but honestly I was a little underwhelmed by the Tim & Eric portion. I didn't care much for the Cinco and Rang parts and they went on for a pretty long time. DJ Douggpound was funny and Brule was great as expected. Holy hell that Brule tv show was hilarious. Lasted just under three hours. Also the Bedtime Stories episode they showed was pretty great too.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Data Graham posted:

God, Mr. Meyer's line delivery. Where do they keep finding these guys?

Seriously. It's beyond bad acting, almost mental problem area.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Very pumped about the Oscar special tonight, it's usually pretty good stuff.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Diabolik900 posted:

And to be serious a minute, the entire On Cinema/Decker/Twitter thing that Tim and Gregg do is one of my favorite things ever.

Their live oscar special has become one of my favorite nights of the year.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Nichael posted:

On Cinema is back! This had to be one of the funniest episodes; Tim's ruthless take down of Ant-Man while Gregg sat there was amazing.

Yes! Thank you for this.

Edit: "You wouldn't go into the Louvre with a flamethrower" This is already great.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 10, 2015

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Chairman Capone posted:

Man, gotta hand it to Gregg, Decker season 3 is getting pretty intense. Great new direction to revitalize the franchise.

Third episode is the best yet!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Tim saying Ant Man with the "starring Gregg Turkington" at the bottom and Gregg immediately getting up was fan loving tastic.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

The way Gregg walked next door to the storage unit and THEN they cut to the theme song reel was brilliant.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Holy poo poo.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I like Turkington too but holy poo poo that movie is god awful. I can get behind some arty poo poo, don't get me wrong, but as one reviewer aptly put it they don't do anything new and its all been done better before.

An unprecedented 1 bag of popcorn.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Data Graham posted:

Getting caught up on Bedtime Stories.

I'm really impressed by Sauce Boy; particularly Tim. He can really sell it when he wants to. He's legit.

Structurally nicely told, too. At first you feel like it's going to be a "Faustian bargain" thing, like Bobby would literally be the devil. But then it turns out to be something a lot more mundane for some reason. And you roll with it. But you know that something is going to go down. There'll be some big dramatic reckoning. And you know it's going to be Mama on stage, either puking and blaming the sauce, or (when prompted) saying that the sauce was lovely, and Eric would get hung out to dry. But neither of these things happen. The biggest twist.

In the end, yes, the whole message is literally "people don't change"; there's even a whole song saying so. But it's also fun to see a situation that's basically a TGTTM plot, with their roles reversed—a poor well-meaning sap thrust into a situation he can't control and can't get out of and having it destroy his life with no salvation to come at the end, except one that he can scrounge up for himself from out of the dumpster (or, in TGTTM's case, from a littered roadway or a third world in which to earn a glass eye). It's a tiny little glimmer of self-realization and empowerment in the middle of utter despair and defeat, and it's kind of sad and kind of sick, but that's how these guys tell their stories.

Anyway, why did Eric foam at the mouth that first morning? Why did the first vial "work"?

I was going to ask why anybody would worry about such a detail in a show like this but then I remembered the two extremely analytical paragraphs before it and it made sense.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I was talking to a coworker about vacations and out of the blue he mentions that he went to Jackson Hole last year and starts talking about how great it was. I was so amazed it was a real place that I just stared at him like an idiot while he talked about how pretty it was. Then he asked if I had ever heard of it. I just said yes and left it at that.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Chairman Capone posted:

I read it. It was decent overall, and in some parts really made me laugh, but I don't think a book is the best format for their type of humor where so much of it is in the delivery, facial expressions, tone, etc.

Don't forget the most important thing, video editing.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydm7Z_I_8qE

Tried the adult swim and it was stuttery as hell. Try the youtube link, smooth as butter so far. God I love this poo poo.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Has there been a terrorist attack yet?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I put my dangus in her rangus.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Edit: Executed, hahahahahahaha

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 28, 2016

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

That Klingston eyeroll at JDJ's mention of Dekkar royalties was fantastic.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Guess he's still not over it. I miss funny Tim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Do you actually find that song funny in any way? Comedy is subjective but yeesh. Also helps if you're aware of his twitter meltdown/quitting.