Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Recess Monkey posted:

Ashamed to say it, but the waiting room sketch had me doubled over with laughter. A guy just sitting on a couch and rubbing his stomach and going "ahhhhhhh" made so little sense that the spacetime of comedy warped and spit it out as funny. Just like the Butt Holes videos that goons either love or hate.

I did not laugh at that sketch until they began to loop the video back and forth continuously, at which point I lost it. This show is so good, but it's definitely not for everybody. I'm really glad that AS took the risk on it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Greed posted:

Adult Swim has put a Tom Goes to the Mayor soundtrack for free download!
Rock out to such songs as My Big Cups, Pizza Party, Rats off to ya!, and more!

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/tom/soundboard/index.html

My Big Cups on MP3? HELLO RINGTONE.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Babylonian posted:

I think I have it worse. They are coming to Chapel Hill, but I can't go. :smith: Cat's Cradle, who's hosting the event, has no age restriction, but its being presented at Local 506, which has an alcohol license, so I can't come.

http://www.local506.com/

Have you seen this? According to their website, if you're 18, you're in, you just have to pay $3 more. NO EXCUSES, PAL.

I need to get a ticket and a membership in the next week.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Babylonian posted:

No, it's just that this specific venue had a no-questions-asked over-18 policy, no matter what the show. :argh: As far as the LA show goes, here's your answer from adultswim.com:

Tell your brother to have fun for both of us. :smith:

Babylonian I hate to tell you this but I just got back and it was awesome :(

My friend and I caught "Whore's Milk" coozies with Chippy on one side and Whore's Milk facts on the back that were thrown into the crowd, my roommate was lucky and caught a T-shirt with the most awesome picture of T&E ever on it.

They had a lot of new clips that I'm guessing will be on the show at some point, a live Uncle Muscles Hour performance, X-Treme Tim BMX, a couple other skits, and maybe the best video of a certain celebrity guest from TGTTM ever (We were under strict orders to not video tape it because it was insane and if real, they would have their pants sued off.)

Also, we got to see Eric's junk through his skin-tight pants about...83 times. And you probably don't realize this, even when he's on stage the effect is lost, but Eric is about one of the biggest dudes you'll ever see. He walked past me and my friends to get to the bar after the show and I was stunned. I'm 6'3" and he had a good three inches and 50 pounds on me. He is a titan.

I don't know if this has been posted but -> http://www.adultswim.com/shows/timanderic/tour/index.html <- They will be webcasting tomorrow's show, which will not be the same but if you want to see it and didn't get to for whatever reason, there's your chance. They had cameras set up tonight, too, so I'm guessing one of the performances will be a DVD extra at some point.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

BlankWaveArcade posted:

You forgot to mention DJ Dougg Pound (he's in the mix). Also, can you buy the shirts they were throwing to the crowd anywhere?

It was very late when I wrote that and I was tired but yes DJ Dougg Pound was awesome as well.

TROJAN
MAGNUM
CONDOMS
RE-RE-REMIX

Pretty sure you can't get those shirts anywhere else, didn't see them at the merch table. That makes it a collector's item, my friend.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

robot roll call posted:

let's see if I can remember:

They paid him 1000 dollars to say a couple lines on TGTTM

he comes in and he is a total rear end to Tim and Eric
he'll read a line and be like "this is terrible, totally amateur. why would the audience believe this line? you've got to appeal to their HEARTS and their SOULS" and all this INSANE poo poo like that, he's just totally condescending to Tim and Eric over maybe 5 lines he has to read. He then proceeds to tell Tim "you're fired" and tries to rewrite the lines himself. The video is 7 minutes long. They said he was there for the better part of 5 or 6 hours. To record 5 lines.

It's not a joke video either. He is very clearly insane.

Don't forget (all paraphrased but very, very close to the truth: )

- "You would never say 'use your calves,' nobody is that specific. It's 'use your legs.'"
- "Well this guy, see, he's yelling at the kids, screaming, he doesn't sound like a very good coach." "Uh, he's not a good coach. That's the joke." "What? That's not funny. That's not real."
- To the producer: "These guys, they can't write. This loving sucks. The past sense of the words and the future sense of the words are coming in at bad angles, and the sentences are not reaching the emotion."

Also, Gary Busey poured himself a glass of mango juice at one point and missed the glass, pouring juice all over the rug. He then proceeds to return to his script while casually GRINDING THE JUICE INTO THE CARPET WITH HIS FOOT. Eric's only commentary was "Imagine how sticky his floors at home are."

Tim says that off-camera, later, he "fired" him again for putting his feet on his own coffee table. The man is CRA-ZEE.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I gotta say, the Child Clown outlet commercials are probably some of the best things they've ever done. I saw those at the live show just four days ago but I laughed just as hard when I saw them tonight.

T&E are great at commercial parodies. When they showed the ad for the TGTTM DVDs during their show, I wasn't even like "oh man what a couple of tools, advertising during a show I paid to see" because it was hilarious. ("gently caress YOU, BUY MY DVD!")

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Seeing the live show has spoiled the last two weeks for me, because they showed about half of this episode's material and half of the last's during their routine.

I think there's only one more bit that was part of the show that hasn't been part of an episode yet - David Cross teaches us about things that guys can do to prove their love to a girl that don't involve the penis. I'm expecting that to show up next week.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dr MegaTaco posted:

Are you serious? Is this a joke? If you guys are seriously trying to say that Spiderwebs was anything like a jackass sketch, even making parody of it, I don't think I even want you watching the show to be honest. I figured it would eventually get too popular and therefore make it unbearable to watch. It's god drat pathetic that we as a society have gotten to a point where when we see something so original, off beat, and creative, that we have to say OH MAN THAT HAS TO BE A PARODY/TRIBUTE/RIP OFF OF SUCH AND SUCH. It just kills me that this generation flocks right to Bam. Even if it's making fun of him. Another show ruined.

holy fakepost batman

At least I hope that's a fakepost because otherwise holy Hell dude you have problems.

It was pretty clear to me that it was supposed to be a Jackass/Viva La Bam parody. As mentioned, Eric starts out introducing himself to the camera and giving the stunt a name, and the random guy just yelling obscenities and laughing at Tim was very much like one of those dudes that Bam keeps around to tell him how awesome he is and laugh at his stunts.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I thought the Discount Prices bit was going to be weak when they started, but oh how quickly was I proven wrong.

Eric: He'll Rape Ya.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Superabound posted:

"Tim makes up random prices and sells 'em at a discount! Thats BULLSHIT!"

I didn't even hear that line because I was laughing so hard.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Cooommercial? gently caress you, Cooommercial!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
How will I find out if I have baldspots in my future now? :(

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Remmiz posted:

The baseball episode? Who were they in that?

They were the two stadium announcers, Tim as the excitable one and Eric as the bored guy. I didn't place Tim's voice at first, but since Eric's character was so deadpan he was really easy to pick out.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Always love their trailers, they're entertainment unto themselves.

Agreed. I think I've watched the Chrimbus Special trailer more than I watched the special itself.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Diabolik900 posted:

:siren:BILLION DOLLAR MOVIE TRAILER:siren:

Not that it reveals much.

It reveals...SHRIM.

It also reveals that it will be available via Video on Demand services about a month before the theatrical release, a tactic an increasing number of independent films are trying. I'll probably go for the pay-per-view route rather than hold out for the limited theatrical run.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Also starring:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Weird Al signs the Billion Dollar Movie pledge! :gonk:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ALFbrot posted:

Does that include movies that premiere first on-demand, then later in theaters? I remember reading that the studios wanted to launch Tower Heist simultaneously on-demand and in theaters, but at like $60.

That's because that was a major studio release playing on thousands of screens on opening day. First-run movies from independent distributors are far more reasonable. Tim said on Twitter that it would be $10.99 to rent from the iTunes store, so I'm guessing cable services will be comparable.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I really can't grasp the concept of "I like T&E and their stuff but I didn't like the movie." I can see people being thrown by the fact that it has a (largely) cohesive narrative, as opposed to being a series of loosely connected skits, or maybe because the film has a lot of humor more akin to their work on Tom Goes to the Mayor (I'm surprised that they didn't break out "We're Dobis, and we're full of ideas!") but the tone and aesthetics are very much in line with everything they've done in the past.

In the end it probably has as many big laughs as a very strong episode of Awesome Show, with a lot of moderate chuckles and a lull here and there. It's well worth checking out and sticking with until the end. I rented it and will gladly buy it in the hopes that they can do another film in the future. Especially if they get Will Ferrell back. After this role and the Mahanahan's Child Clown Outlet bit on Awesome Show, he must have it in his contract that he get to go as dark/mean as possible when he works with them.

For the record, I didn't like the Chrimbus Special simply because the thrust of it was an ad to sell me the DVD of the special I'm watching. I liked the individual skits well enough, but don't remember them they way I remember the overarching commercial message. It was clever meta humor, but it wasn't particularly funny.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

hammed yer log posted:

I liked it even if they'd kinda done the joke on the Jim & Derrick episode already.

Man, the Jim & Derrick logo fest was one of my favorite bits in the entire series.

BOAN

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hate those hunk captains and their super-fancy broats :mad:

I forgot just how good this show was before watching the season premiere. There wasn't a single segment that didn't elicit big laughs from me, and it never stopped piling on gags. John C. Reilly needs some sort of award for his work as Dr. Brule, because he just sort of disappears into that character.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Blast Fantasto posted:

Seriously considering changing my username to "Ron Don Volante"

Are you discreet? Because Ron Don Volante is discreet, I guarantee it.

"Call me, Dave."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Anyone watching The Eric Andre Show? The bit with Killer Mike and the Opera singer was hilarious.

The Eric Andre Show is hilarious and well worth everyone's time.

"Zing on you, Al Sharpton, don't gently caress with me."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Officer Sandvich posted:

Douggpound is fantastic, and honestly my favorite parts of the live T&E shows I've been to are Douggpound's opening acts.

My favorite Douggpound live moment was when he came out to clean up Casey and His Brother's vomit from the stage with a rag...then began vomiting on the stage himself.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

escape artist posted:

What'd you guys think of T&E's appearance on Jon Benjamin Has A Van? The alien court episode. I thought that was decent.

I loved loved loved JBHV, and consider the StarDoor episode to be one of the best. Eric somehow got a lot of humor out of a role with no lines.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Cybershell posted:

edit: to keep this thread from completely derailing, is anyone else excited about the upcoming T&E projects?

All of that sounds promising, but knowing Tim and Eric, I won't believe that's actually what they're doing until I see it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
New musical project from Tim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tYvGfF1Gkg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Kind of lazy/uninspired for Tim & Eric, but on the other hand, Totino's/General Mills paid them to spend three and a half minutes casually savaging their product.

Great Job!