Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dongworkforyuda
Feb 26, 2004
hacocacyb

robot roll call posted:

The great thing about this show is that the skits are so short and the funny stuff is so funny that even when something isn't working for you, something else probably will within the next 2 minutes.

I completely agree, and that is why the British show Man Stroke Woman is also awesome. And why Saturday night Live can be hit or miss. Man, SNL will do skits for 5 minutes that suck.

I watch this show and think, man this stuff is stupid, but then it's so funny the more I dwell on it. Just because it is so ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dongworkforyuda
Feb 26, 2004
hacocacyb

Awesome Show posted:

Tim : I sit down, when I pee. Theres nothing that crazy about me. I'm just taking a whiz, mind your own biz. Why's everybody always staring at me?

Eric: Hey bro, I gotta go. Let me through i gotta go #2

Tim : No can doo, I'm taking a pee. Sittin' on the loo havin' a good long wee

Eric: are you sitting down?

Tim : I'm sitting down.

Eric: Are you making brown?

Tim : I'm not making brown.

Eric: Are you making iced tea?

Tim : just lemonade

Eric: Why don't you stand like a regular man, then you can pee in the urinal can

Tim : If you really wanna know why I'm standing strong, I just can't handle touching my dong

Doo Dah Doo Doo

dongworkforyuda
Feb 26, 2004
hacocacyb
I realize I'm on the tail end of this conversation, but...I think it's just that we are a generation who is so used to things being formulaic that we are breaking out of the mold. It used to be standard to be right and proper and to pronounce things clearly on TV and Radio. This is what these guys are making fun of the most. Just being stupid and making mistakes.

Also, now I hear tons of accents and speech impediments on the Radio just to grab people's attention for commercials. It just doesn't matter anymore.

On of the best examples of these guys goals from way back is there college art school video that I'd assume was some sort of capstone project. It is a study of Lobster in Film and why VHS is better than Film. It's hilarious.

http://www.timanderic.com/emotions/filmschool.mov

EDIT: The jokes in this are bad lighting, and bad editing. And they are in film school. That's their humor. If you are on the fence it might be because you migt watch their show and think, "Hey that's bad lighting, or they made a mistake in the editing" then don't watch it.

dongworkforyuda
Feb 26, 2004
hacocacyb
I like these guys a lot, and I 'get' the humor behind this shrek stuff, but it seems like a waste of their time and a waste of mine. Are they just hoping to get some publicity by getting sued?

dongworkforyuda
Feb 26, 2004
hacocacyb
This had a lot of great gags.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dongworkforyuda
Feb 26, 2004
hacocacyb

Grandpa Pap posted:

Nth-ing the love for Dr. Steve in this episode. John C. Reilly captured pretty much every stage of drunkeness I've ever been in, or have seen others in, and did so in quite hilarious fashion.

Here is that skit on the Adult Swim website. You should make a Pap Pap avatar Grandpa Pap.

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25c39217ab41660117ad6d54aa0143

I don't even like wine, but guess what, you're gonna like it.

[I'm] supposed to spit it out. But no way Jose am I spitting this stuff out, it tastes like fruit!

Wine was invented by the romans for orgies, and orgies are not too much fun if no one wants to do it with you.

I've been wondering for a while how these scenes are created. I assume T&E give John scripts and he just mumbles through the lines and adds the usual DR Steve mannerisms. When I read the lines without the performance, it sounds depressing, especially the orgies line.

dongworkforyuda fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 27, 2008

dongworkforyuda
Feb 26, 2004
hacocacyb
What's a panini?

It's a sandwich?

Then why'd you say it was a panini?

dongworkforyuda
Feb 26, 2004
hacocacyb

Mr Viper posted:

While watching that scene I kept on trying to figure out whether or not the bass/piano guys were in on the joke, but then I just said "gently caress it" because it's hilarious either way

This.

I don't think they were in on the joke which made it that much better. It appeared that Eric was playing the drums, but that Tim was not actually playing the horn. Sometimes, when it was really bad, I thought he was. Things like the joke being on those other musicians is another layer of hilarity that makes me really love this show.

dongworkforyuda
Feb 26, 2004
hacocacyb
I got the season 1 DVD for my roommate. I was really enjoying the extra scenes and behind the scenes stuff. One of the 'cut' scenes, they split into three segments, was about two guys in jail. It totally sucked! I understood that they were 'cut' scenes, but the other ones were funny. I think they put this on the DVD as a joke. I think they never intended it to be funny, it is so far from funny!

Has anyone else seen that? What do you think?

dongworkforyuda
Feb 26, 2004
hacocacyb
Granted, it might be funny upon rewatching, but I just didn't really get it. I understand the 'it's so serious that it's funny' aspect, and the awkwardness of the characters.

I felt a lot of the cut stuff wasn't quite the style they've been using on the show.

These guys have basically made tons of better stuff than that jail skit. I even prefer o mama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dongworkforyuda
Feb 26, 2004
hacocacyb
Awesome show, great Job!

May 16th can't get here soon enough.

I like the idea of changing the thread title to Tim & Eric Awesome Shows, Great Jobs to cover all their material.