Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad Poohs
Nov 25, 2004

and his Dancing Teeth
I enjoyed the first episode and loved the second. When TGTTM started, I also watched all the sketches on TimandEric.com, which are pretty similar to Awesome Show. Looking forward to more, especially once some guest stars start dropping in (David Cross and Zack Galifianakis would be perfect).

Also trying to get into Saul, but feeling oddly conflicted. As was said earlier, it's a show with enormous, mind-blowing potential, but it hasn't even scratched the surface yet. I'll stick with it for a while, but if they can't figure it out in another episode or two I'm worried it won't last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad Poohs
Nov 25, 2004

and his Dancing Teeth

Heffer posted:

Why does that link go to FBI's cybercrime division? It seems only when SA is the referrer. Did we do something to them?
Most definitely.

Rustie posted:

Also, for those who can't wait for their next Tim and Eric show fix, episode 3 "Cats" is up on youtube in 2 parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si7NDe9jg_Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVQpKqmlVAc
Just watched this, and I think it's safe to say they've hit their stride. No weak sketches, good transitions between scenes, and some great cameos. Awesome Show, Great Job!

Conrad Poohs fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Feb 23, 2007

Conrad Poohs
Nov 25, 2004

and his Dancing Teeth
I think one of the factors that makes this show so unique is that it seems to be exactly what Tim and Eric would be doing to entertain themselves even if they had no cameras and no audience. They're not trying to send a message or make a connection with anyone; they're not going to tailor the show to gain popularity or critical acclaim. It's just their own goofy sense of humour on TV once a week.

That's why I could see this show running for longer than TGTTM. When you look at the videos on their website, they only ever made two clips of Tom Goes to the Mayor. The other 95% of their time was spent doing stuff that would be right at home on Awesome Show, Great Job.

Conrad Poohs
Nov 25, 2004

and his Dancing Teeth

padijun posted:

Puddins is where it's at :colbert:
Two words: Gravy Robbers :ninja:

Conrad Poohs fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Feb 26, 2007

Conrad Poohs
Nov 25, 2004

and his Dancing Teeth

Babylonian posted:

Really? While the training video wasn't the funniest thing in the world, I loved everything about free portrait except the yelling.
Ha, I was completely the opposite. I think Zach nailed the training video, but free portraits was almost too weird for me to watch.

Conrad Poohs
Nov 25, 2004

and his Dancing Teeth

nackles posted:

http://www.chiptheblackboy.com/ A striking similarity!
Tim or Eric must have watched that show and become permanently scarred by it. I can't imagine a more accurate or disturbing parody.

Edit: Clearer pic of David Hart makes the similarity even more obvious. Definitely their inspiration.

Conrad Poohs fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 5, 2007

Conrad Poohs
Nov 25, 2004

and his Dancing Teeth

Stalwart Humdinger posted:

What is wrong with her crotch?
It looks odd because (a) it's a still image pasted over the video of her legs and waist (in other shots it's clear she's wearing a blue skirt), (b) the photo is significantly higher than her actual crotch, (c) the hips in the photo are facing the same direction as her body, and (d) the woman in the photo looks like she has a thong (or panties of some sort) wedged between her outer labia.

The combined effect is both disturbing and funny, which seems to be what Tim and Eric are all about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad Poohs
Nov 25, 2004

and his Dancing Teeth

robot roll call posted:

I disagree:

Good enough for a poke, right?