Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

I'm interested in it mainly because any Tim and Eric bit that involves retarded CGI and/or 80s-era TV graphic effects I find absolutely hilarious for some reason. (I could watch the TGTTM opening 10 times in a row and not get sick of it.)

I'm also finding myself laughing at the "awkward"-themed bits too. I guess I've been brainwashed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Psychopsilocybin posted:

Ill be watching every week just for the Uncle Muscle's hour. At least that is alittle like TGTTM

I still go on YouTube and load up Big Ben whenever I'm feeling down and need a laff or two. It's about the best 30 seconds of video available on that site.

I'm getting the idea this thread is gonna be like the Howard Stern threads on GBS -- it'll be a constant struggle for the fans to keep the rating at 3 or above. :v:

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

incoherent posted:

just let it mellow with age. I think the expectations are a bit high for these shows. If you dont like them, come back to them in a few months...you might be in a diffrent mindset by then.

Yeah, that can be said about all Adult Swim shows. I thought Minoriteam was crap at first myself, but now I pine for dvds.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

I just realized that the Fix works on Macs nowadays, so I loaded up Awesome Show and immediately cracked up at "Hello, Cinco? Yeah, it happened again! :mad:"

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

I'm trying my best to avoid the T&E commercials on Adult Swim 'cos I don't want the jokes too spoilered, but I happened by CN the other day and saw an ad with Tim & Eric walking around on really, really long legs and that was enough to make my day right there.

BTW the "Wrestling" episode of TGTTM is on the Fix right now, probably my #2 or 3 favorite of the second season.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Ah, my second viewing, and the first half still makes me ROFL, tho the later bits aren't as neat to me.

So does Prop 216 allow men to use toilet stalls if they just need to pee? If so, I'm voting against that poo poo, that's for girls!

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

McSpanky posted:

The long legs segment was pretty funny, though, and I think it works because it's exactly the kind of thing that they couldn't do live. You need TV to make it funny. Most of the other stuff feels like some friends filming their "hilarious" comedy moments without realizing that you had to be there to get it.

Yeah, I agree. I'd argue that the funniest bits of T&E (and also TGTTM) is when they are using extremely silly computer effects to embellish whatever's going on. The long-legs bit is one example, but another from the same episode is the whole public-service pee ad from the start -- all the text captions, the way that Eric fake-walked out of the bathroom stall instead of actually walking, etc. Eric's fakewalk makes me crack up every time I see it and I must've seen it about 5 or 6 times by now (yes, my job is unfulfilling :v: ).

Meanwhile, most of Gravy Robbers training video and the "free portrait" bit was zzzzz for me.

edit: Non-obvious joke ahead: I like how the three plates of meat in the Gravy Robbers at is $2.99, yet the two-dried-up-meatballs-platter is $3.99. 'course the TV rating display covered up the price in the broadcast so you'd need to watching the Fix to notice, but.

SUPER HASSLER fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 28, 2007

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Oh, also,

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

And you probably don't realize this, even when he's on stage the effect is lost, but Eric is about one of the biggest dudes you'll ever see. He walked past me and my friends to get to the bar after the show and I was stunned. I'm 6'3" and he had a good three inches and 50 pounds on me. He is a titan.

I sort of noticed this in the pee ad since Eric nonchalantly peers right over the stall door and has to use the very last notch in the baseball cap. He's about my size actually! :)

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Kinda the same thing as before; some things I adored and some things I hated, but overall an amazing 11 minutes.

All the child clowns looked so sad!

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Ozma posted:

THIS IS A SHOW FOR SOPHISTICATED PEOPLE

I've watched this sketch umpteen times and just now I noticed that Tim is dropping his pants on the title card.

So many layers of complexity!

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

30 episodes! Holy cats! :rock:

I hope they have enough stuff to fill that time!

SUPER HASSLER fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 4, 2007

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

YancyDCjew posted:

I remember seeing Joy in the extras, and I think it was a woman. Problem is, it could also be that guy in a wig. Ew.

In the voice commentary for one episode or another they confirm that Joy is in fact a guy. (In "Calcucorn," I think, the gentleman Joy is video-chatting with is also the guy who plays Joy. "You're a lot bigger than you said in your profile...")

SUPER HASSLER fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 9, 2007

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

I didn't like Liebe Hart in his Awesome Show Bits, but him telling me about how Shret is the best thing that Disney ever put out had me :lol:in' bigtime.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Stalwart Humdinger posted:

Bass fishin' with my motherfuckin' son. I wish Kandlekrush were a real band.

Well, Kandlekrush is pretty much a direct parody of the Spin Doctors ("Grab a Dog" sounds exactly like a Spin Doctors song) so you could always queue up Pocket Full of Kryptonite and pretend it's Wizzard singing!

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

I looked on Youtube for the old Shrek promos but they were all taken down for terms of use violation :lol:

Luckily they're mirrored on timanderic.com.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Oh lord, every Kid Break they've done so far has made me laugh like a hyena.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Finally caught this week's episode. The usual mix of awesome and eh, but the awesome makes it worth it.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh if you're hurt
Yeahhhhhhhhh I'll give you a snug

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

David Liebe Hart should sell a soundtrack. The song from two (?) weeks ago is still my favorite bit from him.
http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25c3921663462a01166396853a0063

"I fell in love with a David... buddy named David Liebe Hart, and I love him a lot"

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Wow, Casey's mom :cry: I'd probably end up like Casey if I had a mom like that.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

I get to interview T&E for my magazine on Monday; anyone got any questions I oughta ask them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Sorry to advertise, but I interviewed T&E for the issue of the mag I run that's on newsstands roight now. Just go and read it off the newsstand, it won't take long.