Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

I've loved everything about this show, and I watched the first episode 3 times.

Of course, I realized I'd be in the vocal minority when it had the Tim and Eric name on it. I don't know how these guys do it, but they're really good at making people hate them loudly.

ataridc fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Feb 17, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

trips posted:

What specific things did you Saul fans find amusing in those two episodes?

Johnny Tamborine

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

Yeah, I like Saul. I admit, some of the "THIS SHOW IS CHEAP AND CHEESY" jokes do fall flat, but it seems like a great step above a lot of the poo poo Adult Swim has been shoveling out lately.

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

Okay the newest episode had me choking I was laughing so hard. Plus, Paul Reubans and Michael Cerra. Tim and Eric shows have the best guest stars.

edit: took out the spoilers since it has been mentioned a few times

ataridc fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 24, 2007

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

I agree, this one was a little slower than the last few episodes. For some reason, I loved the cat puppet skit just because it reminded me of a demented PBS show ran by one of those alien conspiracy nuts.

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

This is probably my favorite episode so far. Female Eric got me all hot and bothered.

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but is it safe to assume the Spiderweb skit was a CKY/Bam/Jack rear end parody?

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

I had to stop wearing my HIM belt buckle because I got tired of explaining to my Christian GIRLFRIEND that the heartagram isn't satanic but is actually a ward against evil.

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

This was probably my favorite episode so far, I pretty much laughed the entire time. Last week was my least favorite.

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

BDawg posted:

Is there a new form of comedy where it's cool to not have your audience laugh at all?

They're taking the familiar, and making it ridiculously over the top. The local matress store's cheesy commercial, the serious business men(Tim's voice in that was hilarious), the overly friendly shopping channel lady with the slightly southern accent. It's funny to me because of how ridiculous it gets. The thought of some woman on QVC spazzing out about her emotionally abusive mom and making a wookie noise makes me laugh hard.

ataridc fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 26, 2007

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

I thought that episode was horrible, but the end was kind of funny.

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

I thought this episode was weak because it had a plot, and I felt that really slowed down the usual fast pace of the show. Without the fast pace, it kind of kills some of the unpredictability, and makes it feel like any other sketch show. I know other episodes have had themes, but this one had an actual plot and I just wasn't digging it. It could also be because it followed my favorite episode of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

So is that the end of the whole thrilling season? To me it had its ups and downs, but that's what makes Tim and Eric's humor so great. There's no way they can know whether this stuff is going to make anyone laugh or not, but they do it anyway and that's what makes them so awesome.