Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Devi posted:

The Sunday strip was April babysitting and getting paid. Now we've gone back in time to before the party. That's some good storytelling, there.

I can't wait until a character's suicide is in the Saturday paper and the next day, they are shown grocery shopping.

Oh please let this happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidhedevil
Aug 3, 2005

Prostatitis?

Crazed_Capybara_Rider posted:

what happened to her rear end, it's a triangle.

Triangle rear end, triangle rear end
She's a teacher but she's got no class
Why'd she cry? Sun in her eye
Triangle rear end

queenpopsicle posted:

What this return to before the party means is that I really can still hope for my Very Special Panel where April gets caught by St. Michael while she's going roadside with her Gigsville boyfriend instead of babysitting Robin and Meredith.

Oh, yes. Yessss. That must happen.

Then Blandthony and Elizabeth can come home, be surprised by the underage sexin', and then Blandthony can replay his earlier heroism by attacking the boyfriend.

If the boyfriend rips off Blandthony's molestache in the course of the struggle, my joy will be complete.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Sidhedevil posted:

Triangle rear end

loving beautiful.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Does anybody ever actually say roadside? I even looked it up on urbandictionary and the only definition seemed entirely based off what Lynn Johnston wants us to believe it means.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

eXXon posted:

Does anybody ever actually say roadside? I even looked it up on urbandictionary and the only definition seemed entirely based off what Lynn Johnston wants us to believe it means.

I think we established in one of the earlier threads, with the above being key examples, the Lynn Johnston pulls phrases out of her butt. Not even the Canadians seemed to know where "mobility!", "relax the sphincter", and "she's a gig!" came from.

Seriously, "relax the sphincter"? Seriously?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

eXXon posted:

Lynn's assistants emailed someone asking about "roadside" "gig" and "been there" and stated that they were made up terms.

In the second thread, I posted:

And now I find the source for the usage of those terms.
From comment 16 on http://joshreads.com/index.php?p=206

"Hey Gigs, here is the hands on *official* word from Team FBOFW:

>Hi there,
>
>Thanks for writing!
>
>Yes - Lynn did make up the ‘jive talk’ >that the kids in the strip are using.
>
>Have a great day,
>
>Allison
>Allison Zadorozny
>FBorFW Team
>www.fborfw.com "

fishmech fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 19, 2007

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Was that even in doubt?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I don't know, I figured maybe in rural Ontario prostitutes hung out by those fruit and vegetable stands at the side of the road isntead of at street conrners.

The Dunwich Horror
Aug 13, 2005

Why the fuck do I want a caravan that's got no fucking wheels!?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Sidhedevil posted:

Triangle rear end

YES.

Captain Pancakes
Jul 30, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm confused too, I never realized my videogames ran on coal

It gets pretty tiring having to shovel coal into my 360's power brick.

BDM05
Sep 28, 2004

Dillon, Texas
Home of the panthers
Is it just me, or should this thread be renamed into "Daily Comic Conversation" or something like that?

It's pretty much where it's gone.

Killgore Trout
Sep 26, 2002

Not a sham.

Bent Wookiee
Feb 23, 2007

AAAHHH!!?
It's been said before, but we don't need stuff reposted from the end of the last thread. Anyone following this thread will read the last one for any stuff they may have missed.

I hope we can avoid the Minimum Security crap too; this comic (and other crappy political comics) seems to be fuel for derailment.

Also,

Polyunsaturated Cats posted:

Yeah right like April and Elizabeth are the secret gay comic love duo :rolleyes:

This truly is the stuff nightmares are made of. Good work.

ImANarc
Feb 18, 2007

by Fistgrrl

quote:

Chewbot posted:
Please. I'm begging.

I just read 7 pages of crazy hoping that somewhere in there somebody explained what the HELL is going on. Why are you people posting FBOFW strips? Why aren't any of the photoshopped strips funny? Why are you making fun of extremely mundane images, they're neither awful nor great... half the time I can't even tell if the images have been photoshopped at all... WHY THE HELL DOES THIS THREAD EXIST??

Please explain.

quote:

Dr. Ogeguri posted:
BEN!!:argh:

konjak
Jan 17, 2007

self-promotions
Goons just try to light the candle in the room darkened by boredom.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

BDM05 posted:

Is it just me, or should this thread be renamed into "Daily Comic Conversation" or something like that?

It's pretty much where it's gone.

Is it just me or should you shut your goddamn mouth :mad:

Mooooooo'chat posted:

It took me a minute to see what you were getting at here:

Grandpa is trying to warn them to get out of the way of a train?

raditts fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 20, 2007

ImANarc
Feb 18, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Mooooooo'chat posted:

Shouldn't it be "grandma" or something?

Sidhedevil
Aug 3, 2005

Prostatitis?

ImANarc posted:

Shouldn't it be "grandma" or something?

She's not even his grandmother, she's his grandfather's second wife. OH GOD I KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT THIS HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMIC STRIP

queenpopsicle
Mar 29, 2005

Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?

Sidhedevil posted:

She's not even his grandmother, she's his grandfather's second wife. OH GOD I KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT THIS HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMIC STRIP

You can never know too much about FBOFW. Some day, when you die, St. Peter will let you in through the pearly gates specifically because you know that DeAnna is a pharmacist.

(EDIT: Or should that be St. Michael? :v: )

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
I don't quite understand this "St. Michael" thing, does that stand for saint?

DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

raditts posted:

Grandpa is trying to warn them to get out of the way of a train?
Seems to be (the "toot toot" gave it away for me). This thread is off to a good start with that particular strip. And the John/Garfield is beyond words; did that actually come from some slash website? <shudders>

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I made the mistake of reading the sunday comics this week and I found "The Amazing Mind of Edison Lee" or some poo poo. Poorly done Calvin impersonation. The theme was predestination under the punchline of "I broke something of yours, it's predetermined" with his dad?'s respnse of "it's predestned you'd be paying me back until you're 95, hurr"

Trash.

Roger Troutman
Jan 11, 2007

What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

squeegee
Jul 22, 2001

Bright as the sun.

mrmcgoogle posted:

Yes, St. is a common abbreviation for Saint. It's been theorized in the previous threads that the entire comic actually revolves around "St. Michael", the character of Michael who is obviously Lynn's ideal son, and that anyone who wrongs him is punished by some type of horrible accident/rape/fire/whatever is on the table this week for Lynn. Someone else can probably sum it up better than me.

deadaluspark
Mar 13, 2007

Don't mess around with Bob's America.

Citizen Jerk posted:

oh man, the ideas you get from me talking about how i should rent a hooker.

fahkin brilliant, man.

spottedfeces
Aug 7, 2004

War is Hell

mrmcgoogle posted:

It's Street Michael. He's roadside.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!

spottedfeces posted:

You mean he's "been there"?

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

spottedfeces posted:

Haha :laugh:

but thanks squeegee, i get it now :)

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

squeegee posted:

Yes, St. is a common abbreviation for Saint. It's been theorized in the previous threads that the entire comic actually revolves around "St. Michael", the character of Michael who is obviously Lynn's ideal son, and that anyone who wrongs him is punished by some type of horrible accident/rape/fire/whatever is on the table this week for Lynn. Someone else can probably sum it up better than me.

How's about "Lynn Johnston is a psychotic empty-nester who uses the strip to act out her fantasy ideal family life?"

ProfessorDandypants
Jan 1, 2006

By Carnegie's diamond-encrusted monocle!

Vallhallan posted:

You mean he's "been there"?

An' he ain't coming back. :smith:

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

I love all of you for building up this culture of obsessive funny around this lovely strip.

But I also hate all of you for making me care about this lovely strip. :argh:

Some things just aren't worth reading for. :smith:

CommonWords
Dec 17, 2005

You've seen all of these words before.
I can't use artrage! :argh:

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.

Colonel Penguin posted:

I love all of you for building up this culture of obsessive funny around this lovely strip.

But I also hate all of you for making me care about this lovely strip. :argh:

Some things just aren't worth reading for. :smith:
Before I joined this forum I almost completely abhorred this comic, but since then I have been converted to the way of St. Michael.

LS!
Oct 18, 2002

by Fragmaster

® posted:

The HD's fried.

Requesting the artist's rendering of what's "Really" going on in this first panel.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.

SomewhatFraudulant posted:

I can't use artrage! :argh:

:aaaaa:

If there was a poster of that, I think I would buy it. Nobody else would get it, but I would :colbert:

tonelok fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 20, 2007

Angry Weatherman
Jun 8, 2006

by Fistgrrl

LS! posted:

Requesting the artist's rendering of what's "Really" going on in this first panel.

There was a picture in the last thread that translated it into these guys selling meth, but I don't think I saved it.

EDIT: ...or did I?

RandyF
Oct 27, 2000

K100 W900 T800 C500
TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS!!!
OMG THE FUTURE!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
Jesus chirst.

"Say you will see me in a week! SAY YES! SAY YES OR I WILL BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU!"

Does it not seem more than a bit desperate how he is acting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beaver Patrol
Sep 25, 2005

RandyF posted:

OMG THE FUTURE!
Rape.

Also todays:

Only registered members can see post attachments!