Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
I don't quite understand this "St. Michael" thing, does that stand for saint?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

spottedfeces posted:

It's Street Michael. He's roadside.

Haha :laugh:

but thanks squeegee, i get it now :)

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
LOL, because of this thread i personalized my google homepage so it automatically gives me FBoFW every day. i will probably get strange looks the next time someone uses my internet. :(

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
¡Si borre el dialogo de Garfield, el chiste sería más humoroso! ¡Qué bueno!

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

Illicit drug use? Kind of like getting smashed and then driving your car around?

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

Crazed_Capybara_Rider posted:

The Mallard Fillmore cartoonist has the easiest loving job in the world. Look at news, draw lovely duck making unfunny comment about said news, and then somehow NOT get it printed in the middle of the politics section.

It looks like he drew the stupid duck once and then just shrunk it down, and drew in a hippie "floating" because that's what drugs do to you.

WOW that was hard.

No you see, he mentioned cars, so there needs to be a ted kennedy joke in there somewhere.

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
Anyone got a desktop wallpaper for the fireman, by any chance?

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
My god - until these cards were posted, I didn't know their last names were patterson. And I've been reading all these threads....

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
From Greg Evans' wikipedia page....

Greg Evans is the creator of the syndicated comic strip Luann. He received the National Cartoonist Society Reuben Award for 2003 for the strip. He has also been nominated four other times for the same award.He has also written a musical based on Luann. He lives in San Diego.

Greg Evans really needs a life.

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

Vinno posted:

Am I too late to the party?

HOLY poo poo!! You are awesome! :hellyeah:

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
Wow, April is a bitch.

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

guaranteed posted:

No, I think he bragged it up to more than a little making out, and the story will grow and grow. Did you go to high school?

short of a threesome or someone taking it up the butt, no sex story was ever really regarded as surprising or exciting where i went....

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
Am i the only one who gets the impression that Luann is the only thing in Greg Evans' life?

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

Scattered Brain posted:

There's probably no reasonable answer to this question, but it's been bugging me for years. Why the gently caress does Jughead walk around wearing a crown? Is it just some bizarre antiquated notion of what's "cool" and "hip" among modern day youth?

As far as I know, that's been around since the comic came out in the 40s. It's just a tradition thing.

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
Does anyone else find this Garfield creepily appropriate? look at the date.

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

ImANarc posted:

I can't see the date, what is it?

September 10th, 2001

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
Holy poo poo! That was unexpected.

And on my birthday, too. I hope it's not in bad taste to say that I enjoy my present.

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
Oh man, if someone else takes it up that's going to suck.

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
I fear one day every single comic in the paper will be overdone trash not done by the original creator....

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

iS! posted:

I laughed when I saw a headline saying "Roadside bomb kills 6 in Baghdad."

6 at once....man, that bomb ain't comin' back.

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
What happened to the 80s april? she looks like a muppet again

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

ihasakarot posted:

If the assault on your eyes wasn't enough, April's birthday song is ready to wreak havoc on your ears too.

That would be awesome if I were playing guitar hero 3 in a few years(?), and the final encore came up, last song in the game, getting all pumped and....

BIRTHDAY SONG

AS MADE FAMOUS BY APRIL PATTERSON

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
I thought the "ha ha ha ha" was some weird misprint in the paper. Can someone explain wtf is up with this comic?

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

Shmorky posted:

oh my loving God.

Here's the version for BLACK PEOPLE:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1107/1107_01.asp?wpc=1107_01.asp&wpp=a

OK, representing the black people are a basketball player, some 'ghetto' kid listening to rap, a pimp, a hooker, and some kid with a..... thing on his head

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

Angry Weatherman posted:

Uh, I'm pretty sure Black Beauties are (meth)amphetamines

I looked on urbandictionary and it says its speed + adderall

(Is that the same thing as meth? i have no idea)

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
Uhh is luann the antichrist or something?

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

Senor Bambos posted:

Okay, so I just peeked at tomorrow's Luann...

...and is the joke what I think it is? If so, then :psyduck:

XFD great photoshop (if this is not a photoshop....:psyduck: )

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
man, am i glad i have a brother. this all sounds complicated.

(though your ex going out with your brother sounds terrible)

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
Is it just me or did he spell bin ladens name wrong?

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

Crumbunist posted:

Blue Hmong Chick is hilarious.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1536/1536_01.asp

The thought of God yelling "MOOG!" really angrily is the best thing ever

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

shiftless posted:

Lots of papers print compressed versions of comic strips. Usually the first two throwaway panels are taken out, then some papers even cut out more panels making a strip even more incomprehensible. If I were editing this strip I would cut it down to the RECYCLE and bus pollution panels. The end.

I get the sunday republican (springfield mass), and it's been getting worse and worse about this lately. Recently they've been cramming four comics in the space that used to be taken up by one in some cases. It's awful. :(

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
So why is he called granthony again?

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

i just got an "e-mail" LOL!

seriously though, does anyone type like that :rolleyes:

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

DaveWoo posted:

... I don't see anything wrong there. I think you're just looking for things to complain about :colbert:

sorry, maybe I'm just weird but I don't see anyone talk on AIM like that and it sure looks like what they are using

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
Ahhh finally the thread has touched on fred basset. Truly the worst comic strip in the paper, I think.

I like reading it without fred's thoughts, though. I forget where I read to do that, but it kind of works. The comic turns into a dog just doing stuff.

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

bgaesop posted:

Occam's razor says that there just isn't a joke.

Yeah, I would say it's just a liberal mallard fillmore.

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death
What the hell? Is Liz such a shallow bitch that she can only fall for Anthony when he looks like he used to? This comic strip disgusts me.

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

Alan Smithee posted:

As opposed to the affection you had for it before?

I can't stand this loving comic. And I can't wait for tommorow's edition

It disgusts me more and more ever day, and I love it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcgoogle
Sep 6, 2006

red x of death

Alan Smithee posted:

As if life didn't suck enough for April at 16, loving TARD CAVALRY OUT OF NOWHERE to drop some guilt bombs

Is there actually a kind of mental retardation that causes speaking like that? I mean, my parents are social workers and I see retarded people all the time, and the only person I've ever known to do that is stevie on malcolm in the middle.