Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.
Many of these strips need no photoshopping, they are that :psyduck:

Today's - looks like Liz and Warren are hooking up :gooncamp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Devi posted:

The Sunday strip was April babysitting and getting paid. Now we've gone back in time to before the party. That's some good storytelling, there.

Like somebody said, it's the Battlestar Galactica school of story telling.

Samurai Sanders posted:

All I want is a reliable way to tell which are the authentic, pre-photoshopping strips being posted in the thread. In the previous threads, I wasn't sure with some of them.
Is that a reflection of the quality of photoshopping or a reflection of the strips or both :confused:

Loving Life Partner posted:

I'm sorry

;-* It's wonderful

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

SomewhatFraudulant posted:

I can't use artrage! :argh:

:aaaaa:

If there was a poster of that, I think I would buy it. Nobody else would get it, but I would :colbert:

tonelok fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 20, 2007

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Vallhallan posted:

Jesus chirst.

"Say you will see me in a week! SAY YES! SAY YES OR I WILL BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU!"

Does it not seem more than a bit desperate how he is acting?

His plane chopper is going to crash. I'm calling it now :colbert:

tonelok fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 20, 2007

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

^^^ If Warren isn't careful, he'll have no rotation either :v:

ElwoodCuse posted:

I don't know, how could that be blamed on Elizabeth?
In my mind, we was flying somewhere to pick up a ring for her :colbert:

He's too happy, something bad has to happen, and as long as he's in the picture, Granthony can't move in.

If any kind of forums that revolve around FBoFW picked up on future strip that was accidentally leaked, then we need to circulate a well-done photoshopped strip pieced together from past strips, that revolves around his death. Best bet is to have it with a date of a week or so after the leaked strip, with Liz dealing with the aftermath of his death (since that would be easier to depict than his chopper crashing).

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Chilly McFreeze posted:

What? Warren having IMPURE, UNFAITHFUL thoughts? HE MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO LIVE.
He'll die at the end of this month :woop:

Unless they are setting it up so that he has impure, unfaithful thoughts, and Liz gets screwed over, but then he goes back to Liz, she takes him back, and hence we see him celebrating getting away with cheating or thinking bad things.

On the website today, they prominently feature Grandpa Jim's 86th birthday - wonder when they'll kill him off.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Nausicaa posted:

Personally, I think even after 4 threads, there is ALWAYS room for another fireman insertion.
I don't know why the fireman is still funny :psyduck:

Citizen Jerk posted:

:barf:

I didn't know Grandpa modeled. Time to assume the fetal position.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

FronzelNeekburm posted:

:worship:

She needs to let goons take over after her official retirement.

tonelok fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 22, 2007

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

You know, if we have a Ned doll that's anatomically correct, I want a Fireman doll and a Liz doll that's anatomically correct.

I'm at a loss to explain why I want these :psyduck:

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

ElwoodCuse posted:

It needs a fifth panel where Warren has a black eye and Liz's drink upside down on his head.

Better yet, she's wearing a burka or dressed like some Amish girl.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

Now that I notice it, who the gently caress naturally bends back their ring finger, and only their ring finger?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shocker_(hand_gesture)

efb

tonelok fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 23, 2007

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

The Power of Heart posted:

Yesterday's Luann and today's use the same drawing, but flipped and Bernice's mouth changed. Explain yourself, Evans! <:mad:>

More like explain this

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Howard Beale posted:

But she plans to come back!
Hopefully she doesn't shoot arrows.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

tonelok fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 24, 2007

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Tambourine Man posted:

This was in my Sunday paper:

:aaaaa: Was this some kind of April 1st joke?

If not, she's broken down the 4th wall and must be following us or something :psyduck:

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

http://fbofw.com/strip_fix/

sunday's is up.

Is Grandpa going to die soon? Unfortunately, probably not.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Meanwhile, over in Luann's world, they are setting up Ben to die.

http://comics.com/comics/luann/index.html

Queue the FWABAM explosion sequence to be used in another Luann strip.

tonelok fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 26, 2007

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm certain that if you look hard enough, and you look long enough, you'll find a place somewhere else on the internet that makes SA's devotion to FBOFW seem as nothing more than a faithless man's lip service in church.
I don't know about that. We find much deeper meanings in her work than her mainstream fans.

It's like our chance to peer into Lynn's world.

At times I feel like a voyeur.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Citizen Jerk posted:

:worship:

Out of all three threads so far (or four), this has to be one of the top three strips posted.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

MrDingleDangle posted:

where is her animation in that comic....surprised she doesnt have them in a loving motion or something.
Even just leg rubbin'

I really don't know where the April thing is going - I'm thinking that because the kids still have their clothes on and the parents have left the party, that April will simply be tipsy (maybe have her top off), and like others have said, something happening to the kids she's babysitting as well.

Oh wait, it's St. Michael's kid.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

LightningFox posted:

Reading Conan the Barbarian Issue 31 (the Shadow on the Tomb) when I came across this panel:

Wow, okay, the whole "sun is in my eyes" thing has a deeper meaning :raise:

Women's Rights? posted:

Which means that the parents will come home just as St. Michael's kid is standing at the top of the stairs about to fall. The kid won't really fall, they'll be there in time to stop it of course, and then storm downstairs to see a tipsy April and a drunk boyfriend getting roadside.

April will get yelled at, drunk boyfriend will be kicked out. Then drunk boyfriend will probably steal a car and get into an accident or something and we'll all learn a lesson about underage drinking and driving while drunk.
The boyfriend has to die.

This is St. Michael's kid we are talking about. Endangering the life of the offspring of St. Michael means dire consequences for those involved.

Also, Ben in the Luann strip is so going to die :hurr:

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Paramemetic posted:

or are we just calling him that because clearly he's a divine figure?
He cannot die. He cannot fail (what looks like failure is just another opportunity for him). He is perfect. Those who cross him pay for it.

He is the Terminator :tinfoil:

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

sund posted:

Eh, the Pattersons are members of the holy family and one would never think of "going there" so young.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Lynn, you've got to be kidding me

She really teased us.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Fluffalina posted:

Why is Luann's friend such a bitch to her? "Good, I'm glad to hear you're not interested in this nice fellow who seems to like you. That is a sign of maturity! I sure wouldn't want you to be happy or anything."

http://www.geneticsexualattraction.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_Sexual_Attraction

quote:

Genetic sexual attraction (GSA) is sexual attraction between close relatives, such as a brother and sister. It has been observed in relatives who first meet as adults.

GSA can occur as a consequence of adoption, when the adopted children discover their true ancestry and seek out relatives. Although this is a rare consequence of adoptive reunions, the large number of adoptive reunions in recent years means that a significant number of people are affected. It is generally highly distressing to both parties, as this sexual attraction is contrary to their socialized sexual and moral structures, as well as to the legal structure of society.

Several factors may contribute to GSA:

* People commonly rank faces similar to their own as more attractive, trustworthy, etc. than average. Heredity produces substantial physical similarity between close relatives. However, Bereczkei (2004) attributes this in part to childhood imprinting on the opposite-sex parent.
* Shared interests and personality traits are commonly considered desirable in a partner. The heritability of these qualities is a matter of great debate; to whatever extent they are heritable, they will tend to cluster in close relatives.
* Such reunions typically produce complex emotions in all involved.

Normally, when children are raised together in early childhood, this phenomenon is avoided by a form of reverse sexual imprinting known as the Westermarck effect, which appears to suppress sexual desire between siblings.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

BUT IM NOT, AND YOU DIDN'T is by far the worst, WORST punchline Lynn has come up with thus far.
I think there have been worse.

But I can't prove it.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Tambourine Man posted:

I just made a cake.

You've heard that some cakes are to die for? This is not one of those cakes.

:aaaaa:

meanwhile, back at the batcave: http://news.yahoo.com/comics/forbetterorforworse

Elly is suspicious!

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Secks posted:

Why the hell does she still have her coat on after visiting the closet?

Elly's going to secretly slip outside and keep Gerry warm :pedo:

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Gerald is going to get hit by a car :colbert:

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Tambourine Man posted:

Only in communion with St. Michael?

Actually, what if it's St. Michael and his wife returning that hit him. Remember, the parents left early, but I'm sure St. Michael and his wife have got to be on their way home by now.

The parents have been home long enough to change clothes and get in bed.

You all will worship me if it's St. Michael that hits Gerald :colbert:

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Pope Eggs Benedict posted:

Correct. Wine doesn't come in cans.
No, but it sure as hell can come in a box, and I don't know why it tastes so good.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Magic posted:

What the gently caress were the kids drinking though? If it was wine, evidenced by the bottles, they aren't even tipsy but I guess the whole focus was the risk of them getting caught rather than a "UNSUPERVISED KIDS WITH ALCOHOL IS BAD" moral story.
Gerald is going to be tipsy.

He's going to be tipsy RIGHT INTO THE PATH OF ST. MICHAEL'S CAR.

Even Michael has to come down out of the clouds once a year. He's been celebrating, he's happy, just as he pulls around the corner, FWABAMM!!!! Right into Gerald who's hauling rear end to catch a taxi..

Yes, "Kids + Alcohol = BAD" is going to be the moral.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

tonelok posted:

Gerald is going to be tipsy.

He's going to be tipsy RIGHT INTO THE PATH OF ST. MICHAEL'S CAR.

Even Michael has to come down out of the clouds once a year. He's been celebrating, he's happy, just as he pulls around the corner, FWABAMM!!!! Right into Gerald who's hauling rear end to catch a taxi..
I just want to say, this cannot happen until monday - tomorrow's strip (March 31st) was already posted a few weeks ago - it's Warren dropping off Liz and talking about flying. Sunday's will be unrelated or loosely related.

So Gerald won't get hit until monday :colbert:

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

CaptainViolence posted:

Who the hell did they get to sing this, and why does this person sound like a twelve-year-old boy?

I don't know, but a goon needs to remix it or do a new rendition.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Devi posted:

"It's dangerous and lonely here. The only thing that makes me feel better is talking to teenage girls. Please email me back. But only if you want to. I'll understand if you'd rather not talk to a soldier defending your freedoms who may die alone and scared and without his family or anyone to call friend. It's okay. Really. I'll just curl up and die alone in a hole I dug in the sand with my tears."
Ben has to die now. Give it a few weeks for him and Luann to talk, and then he dies, and you are looking at fodder for three months worth of strips, minimum.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

RedBoot posted:

So who dies first, Ben or Warren? Taking all bets...:toot:

Don't leave out Gerald, he was hauling rear end out of the house to the corner, with a bit of alcohol in him.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Mafialligator posted:

As awesome as a FLABLAAM for Ben would be it won't happen. Luann just isn't that type of strip. Just watch Ben is going to come out of the closet and get discharged from the military. He will then move in with Luann's brother, and they will have wacky adventures with a dash of homosexual tension.

And Luann will go into full on denial mode about Ben's homosexuality and continue to persue him.

More like:

quote:

And Luann Bernice will go into full on denial mode about Ben's homosexuality and continue to persue him.

tonelok fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 1, 2007

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Wow, Barfield is, funny?

http://thereverend.com/barfield/pages/barfield046a.html

:wtc: http://thereverend.com/barfield/pages/barfield047.html

:lol:

read the next 10 or so strips starting here:
http://thereverend.com/barfield/pages/barfield049a.html

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/forbetterorforworse

I was going to take the last 3-4 panels and make them into some kind of anal sex/relax the sphincter thing, which would match the last panel's "WE DID IT", but I'm trying to get over the fact that they consider 16 to be a grown woman. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Strongylocentrotus posted:

We interrupt this FBoFW thread for a
:siren:BALDO BREAK:siren:

HAHAHAHA, APRIL FOOLS! That's funny! Right? ... right? :v:

Curse you, migra! :ese:

HOLY gently caress!!

The dude has balls.