Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

I'm confused too, I never realized my videogames ran on coal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

raditts posted:

I still don't understand the "sun's in my eyes" thing. I keep reading that strip over and over and over, and I just don't get what the "joke" or "message" or whatever was going through Lynn Johnston's twisted loving mind was suppose to be.

I think it was supposed to be like the dad is saying the storm is over and now there will be clarity in St. Michael's life. Whereas Elizabeth's happiness is now being sacrificed at his altar

edit: drat you cruster! You and your meddling pooch!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Beaver Patrol posted:

Rape.

Also todays:

Oh God someone please tell me I'm not the only one who finds the doll in the last panel creepy :cry:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Og Oggilby posted:

Apparently Liz has had 2 kids after that last panel

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Nausicaa posted:

I think we've well established that Lynn can't draw anatomy for poo poo, even WITH photo reference. I mean, look at panel 5. They're TIPTOEING up the mountain!
That, or Paul has just dead-legged Liz.

Hell I think she's essentially gotten away with drawing Canadian versions of anime faces for the past however many years

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Dr. Ogeguri posted:

Oh gently caress it's Gunther. :frogsiren:

Did anyone else see the second panel and think Brad was trying to pull a "bow-chikabowow" on her? And basically all the friends are just cockblocking him from his sister/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I just remembered, wasn't "The sun was in my eyes" that one dude's alibi for shooting the Arab in Camus' The Stranger?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Citizen Jerk posted:

I think the strangest thing is that Garfield only has two nipples.

Ooh does anyone else have a copy of that one Garfield strip where Jon's like "one way or another, I'm going to get pussy" and garfield freaks out?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The Cubelodyte posted:

Someone's about to really relax the sphincter.

EDIT: I realized his hand gesture in the last panel had too much potential to pass up.

Now that I notice it, who the gently caress naturally bends back their ring finger, and only their ring finger?

So if the whole story arc of (St.) Michael marrying Deanna is compensation for his taking pictures of her corpse, so what is the deal with this arc and Michael's novel? I take it she found him in her basement with a bunch of incoherent scrawls on the wall accusing the Canadian government of planting the number 23 in his coffee and thus she spun it into him being a genius?

You know there's good ol' boy "women belong in the kitchen" and there's just plain wifebeating, let's see if we can't find the cause

Somebody needs a hug :smith:

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 23, 2007

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Radish posted:

That hand sign is the universal symbol of "two in the pink, one in the stink"

So is this new arc supposed to be turning him into a cad? So if Michael is a saint what does this make Anthony?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Crazed_Capybara_Rider posted:

Get it? GET IT?! :downsrim:

holy poo poo double pun, cuz the Mtigawachumbongbong are a bunch of savages am I rite?

Oh snapcakes!

edit: Who the gently caress leaves gloves? I thought usually tramps leave jackets or panties, but the lady doth leaveth her glove

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 24, 2007

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tambourine Man posted:

This was in my Sunday paper:

Holy poo poo tell me that's for real? Whoever did that is awesome in my eyes, even if it was Lynn Johnston herself (or should I say John Lynnstone)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A Horse Named Mandy posted:

It's another comic strip altogether called Lio. It's stock in trade appears to be parodying other, more mundane comic strips. That, or being creepy, ala Gahan Wilson.

What the hell man, why can't my paper with its umpteen comics (San Jose Mercury) get one supercool one like that?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Oh man that reminds me, there was this old Mad Magazine bit years ago that spoofed comics using current movies. Like Peanuts was Godfather (Charlie Brown wakes up with bird heads in his bed) and Calvin and Hobbes was Honey I Shrunk the Kids. I don't suppose anyone has that?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Man what's the deal with waffleimages? I'm getting a bunch of question marks

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Beaver Patrol posted:

He brought wine, getting comfy on the couch and he has till 12 30. Dis kid is one crazy motherfucker. He is so getting laid.

Holy poo poo, who was the goon who called it?

I predict the following: Gerald starts to get all touchy feely and April is a little weirded out, but her Deus Ex Machina arrives in the form of an innocent little child

it'll go something like this

gerald: "Let's make whoopy!"

kid out of loving nowhere: "I wanna make whoopy! PBBBBBBBTTTHHH!"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Cream Crusade posted:

does anyone else find it odd that SA likely has the largest FBOFW community on the internet now?

you know, in this electronic day in age I find it ironic the only way to get a comic removed is a letter writing campaign. I never did understood how else a paper gauged a comic's popularity.

not that I want to see FBOFW go, it's the Joker to our Batman. But those people dissing Lio clearly find Rex Morgan, MD to be the pinnacle of funny

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Chilly McFreeze posted:

I'll give 3:1 odds that Elly walks in to find them passed out in the closet and a baby somehow having boiled itself in the kitchen.

If that happened I would totally pay up to

I'm hoping Lynn grows a loving pair of testicles and goes all European style on us. We think they are gonna save the day but no they are waylaid for some reason or other and thus Apil loses her virginity and cries about it in the shower.

I have never had so much contempt for comic strip characters. I've hated April for years but that was when she was just doing stupid poo poo like putting a button in her mouth and singing "button in my mouf button in my mouf, Aypo's got a button in my mouf" and swallows it (why do I remember this so much :suicide: )

Now the bitch is gonna get knocked up. And cuz Lynn's oh so clever the strip will look like this

Elly: "APRIL YOU SAID YOU WERE BABYSITTING!"

April: "I know, and I'm sitting.....ON A BABY!!!!!"

Shmorky posted:

I have a caricature I drew of her somewhere...

Post eeet man! I keep saying it, but I'm still waiting to see you draw FBOFW (or at least give em the Zalgo treatment)

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Mar 27, 2007

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

X JAKK posted:

Elly: Looks like the den will have to be made into a nursery again.

John: But.. WHERE WOULD I PUT MY TRAINS?!?

Elly: Its hard to see trains with the sun in your eyes.

Fireman: Some things aren't worth loving for!

I would love to see the fireman make an appearance in the next comic. April and Gerald are getting crazy nasty and the fireman's like "I think it's time to put out THIS fire!" or "It's getting a little HOT in here!" and then Elly would stand in the corner laughing her big mouth off while her wormtongue whips around.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Is there a place I can go see FBOFW without visitng the official site? I keep giving this bitch money everytime I go

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Nausicaa posted:

Gerald really thought this one through, didn't he? How was he planning to get home with no money even if the Pattersons DIDN'T get home early?

I think this is the fault of Lynn Johnston not Gerald. I mean honestly Gerald, as much as he wants muppet pussy, would have had an exit strategy (would you loving cuddle with April afterwards?)

BUT IM NOT, AND YOU DIDN'T is by far the worst, WORST punchline Lynn has come up with thus far. Even the sun is in my eyes was hilariously bad in a 80s one liner kind of way. This just reeks of laziness.

I hope they have to amputate Gerald's blue balls. They'll find his frozen corpse with icicle tears streaming down his face and the fireman will be like "some things aren't worth crying for"

God I love to hate this comic

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tambourine Man posted:

I just made a cake.

You've heard that some cakes are to die for? This is not one of those cakes.

You did it wrong man. You were supposed to bake something and then immaculately St. Michael's image appears.

Seriously what does Gerald hope to accomplish at this point? Is he gonna sneak back in for some Sam Fisher sex when the 'rents go hit the z-square? (that's bed for you Americans out there)

Good to see Ziggy's up to date with today's hot topics. I'm waiting for the Starbucks frapalapachino joke

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Mar 29, 2007

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

tonelok posted:

Gerald is going to be tipsy.

He's going to be tipsy RIGHT INTO THE PATH OF ST. MICHAEL'S CAR.

Even Michael has to come down out of the clouds once a year. He's been celebrating, he's happy, just as he pulls around the corner, FWABAMM!!!! Right into Gerald who's hauling rear end to catch a taxi..

Yes, "Kids + Alcohol = BAD" is going to be the moral.

You know what'd be meta as gently caress? If St. Michael, instead of helping the poor boy decides to take pictures instead. Then Elly writes a comic strip about it but instead takes liberties with reality and the Michael in comic marries the boy or some poo poo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

pffft, a woman you say? They only thing that's changed is her muppet nose and googly eyes are gone, and her mouth is upside down.

I can just see the Johnston household now

Lyn: "I put up this sweet 16 song, and it is BRILLLLLIIIIAAAAANNNTTTTAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!"

Real April: "mom....I was 16 20 years ago...."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Holy poo poo, this is courtesy of http://joshreads.com/

Remember that Ziggy wifi comic? Well if it seemed familiar to you:

"Well, it sadly looks like I was right. Despite the fact that today’s Ziggy could have just used the November panel with different dialogue, it seems that the artist has gone through all the trouble of making an entirely new drawing for what’s essentially the same mice-using-wireless-communications-technology joke. To his credit, he managed to make it even less interesting visually this time around."
-Josh Reads

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Paramemetic posted:

So is April actually going to look like a Thai hooker with dicksucking lips in the comic from now on, or is this just a temporary convention because she is oh-so-old-and-mature now?

Well considering the fact that Lynn's been giving her child bearing hips as of late...

That was an awfully fast exchange. Continue what exactly?

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Mar 31, 2007

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Oh Mary, I don't recall ordering fortune cookies

I HAVE WAYS OF MAKING YOU TALK!!!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

tonelok posted:

Don't leave out Gerald, he was hauling rear end out of the house to the corner, with a bit of alcohol in him.

Naw Gerald's still got an arc ahead of him, after all we need him so that April can be punished for a later transgression

Ben is still in emailing phase with Luann and I figure the earliest you can kill him is not for a few comics, because

1) you need to have a enough emails to establish a relationship with Luann

2) the quickest way to kill him would be a FLABAAMM! in the camp he's in

Whereas Warren has stated he's going to fly now. Since Lynn likes to throw time out the window we could see Warren dying within the next 2 comics

comic 1: "Here I am, Warren the helicopter pilot taking off in my helicopter. I am SOARING with love!"

comic 2: "Is that a power line I see before me? BZZZZZT. MAYDAY MAYDAY. Say did you know that mayday comes from the french m'aidez?"

FLABLAAM

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

tonelok posted:

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/forbetterorforworse

I was going to take the last 3-4 panels and make them into some kind of anal sex/relax the sphincter thing, which would match the last panel's "WE DID IT", but I'm trying to get over the fact that they consider 16 to be a grown woman. :psyduck:
For you non-clickers

Good God almighty that's bad. "She's 16 and she's smokin?" That's not even a bad pun. He might as well say "She's 16 and I wanna gently caress her in a very literal kind of way!"

Don't even get me started on the misuse of allegory. Sure you can make the argument that Lynn was saying "HURRR TEENAGE BOYS EQUALS STUPID" but the joke still sucks

And can anyone tell me why April is spitting whip cream all over her cake?

And I like how the only presents she got was a card. Take THAT April

edit: holy poo poo black dudes in white prudes on panel 3!

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Apr 1, 2007

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I know I know, we're in a thread bitching about old geriatrics getting all up in people's business in comic form, but even I'm getting creeped out by the magic card :regd07: going on

I know I know, making fun of Minimum Security is like beating up a retarded child being held by two of your biggest thugs while he's sedated, but I post this

You heard it here first people, STEPHANIE MCMILLAN SUPPORTS MEATARIANISM!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Strongylocentrotus posted:

I'm pretty sure it's an April Fools joke/not part of the main storyline, but man, I didn't find it that funny. I thought it was more :pwn: than "LOL APRIL FOOLS, GUYS!"

Considering the comics never been more than a Mexican version of Jump Start yeah, this strip was done by guest artist Carlos Mencia

or should I say Ned McHalfwhite?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Vinno posted:

Am I too late to the party?

Dang, is that you or did you manipulate the posted song?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Vinno posted:

That was me. Best I can do with a sore throat.

Well maybe if you didn't smoke so much when you were 16 :colbert:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Delta's got a point, being the token black friend only goes so far

as for the foob camisole strip, seriously that felt like something out of Luann, punchline and all. Next thing we know Brad's gonna be performing miracles on the job

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Leospeare posted:

If the FBOFW firefighter becomes Brad's new chief, my head will explode.

Honestly we would all have a collective orgasm

Shoeonhead22 posted:

I can't wait for the eventual strip where she goes roadside.

Remember to relax the sphincter, April

Remember that she took it up the rear end in front of her parents during her sweet 16. Well, symbolically speaking of course

:psyduck: I didn't realize it was April Fools Week (this is Baldo btw)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

My guess is that it's all propaganda for the heterosexualist agenda. April thinks she's being all rebellious and poo poo but really she's being trained to make babies for the Canadian state

http://pst.rbma.com/content/Mary_Worth?date=20070403

Ms. SHIELDS, that's subtle! And I like how they mention both the corporate ladder and emotional black hole as if they were inversely proportional to each other. CUZ BITCH NEEDS A MAN IN HER LIFE!

I wonder if she's Anthony's French-Canadian huswife and she's crossing over to MW

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

^---God almighty. I know it's been mentioned already but loving CHEST HAIR

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Man, I'm ashamed to even realize this but apparently Lynn's got her ideas of sexual relations from the movie Grease :psyduck:

Honestly what the gently caress is Gerald doing, apparently he doesn't realize yucking it up with his friends is cockblocking him.

And I'm hoping a PETA activist comes out of loving nowhere and throws a bucket of paint at April

jidohanbaiki posted:

Her eyes are also smaller now. What is this, anime, where adult men and evil people have narrower eyes?

It's Canadian anime. It used to be all muppetry style but now it's nothing but rape-faces, scowls, bewildered stares and gaping mouths

edit: I can't wait til April cries on her retarded friend's shoulder.

She'll be like, "I....may....be.....arriving.....late.....but.....you......are.......never......coming......back"

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 4, 2007

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Scratch that, I think what'll happen is April will cry it up to her retarded friend and she'll be like

"I....wish.....someone.....would.....make.....out......with......me" thus making April feel better about her being on the up and up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Seriously, and damnit April used to have AT MOST shoulder length hair. In that comic she's all loving Loreal for hair bands or some poo poo

I just had a thought. Liz needs a new home, and Anthony doesn't have a home. Sometimes the world is just so perfect dont you think?