Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

expunge posted:

No more DVR (screw you charter). We have OTA HD now and basic cable that comes with the Internet.

Pioneer 55" Plasma, Toshiba up-scaling DVD player and that VCR has been melted (how did that happen..oops). Also have the xbox 360 with the HD-DVD drive in there now as the Media Center. HDMI cables being wired in the walls soon and the TV will be put up on the wall shortly with no wires showing at all. That will be nice.

^^ How did you get HGTV & Food Network in HD? Who's your provider?

Are you sure thats a 55"??? I dont think pioneer made one?? However no matter what size im still hella jealous :(

Now you need to get a sweet sound system :D

If you want a nice glossy black like your plasma i would go with the USHER S-520s all around, or possibly some nice NHT classic bookshelves.

Calincole posted:

In this pic from top to bottom:

Headphones: Grado SR125
Screen: Some Random 32" Polaroid HDTV
Speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 8.3
Amp: Rotel RB1070
Pre-Amp: Rotel RC1070
Source: My PC (winXP on a core2duo)

Planning on upgrading my speakers soon I hope... been drooling over the B&W CM7's, and an external DAC is in the works as well. (if anyones got a suggestion on one I'm all ears)

Definintely upgrade those speakers, no offense but the amp and pre-amp outclass those speakers by quite a bit. Are you going for bookshelves only? I think you can get some monitor audio GS20s for the price of the B&W CM7s, and im willing to bet they are a much better value (of course im biased against B&W).

Ill get a pic up soon, im cleaning all the poo poo off of my tv stand.

Jymmybob posted:

Audio:
Harmon Kardon AVR435 reciever - Replaced a lower end Yamaha and is better in every way. The setup system is awesome and it drives the Athenas in ways the Yamaha could only dream of.

Athena F2.2 front tower speakers - They really sound great and they go low so I could set the sub for max extension with a low crossover for some really powerful bass.

Athena B2.1 bookshelf surrounds - Been fine.

Athena C2.1 center - I hear it's considered weak, but I can't really complain.

HSU VTF2mk3 sub - This thing is a monster. I get power below 18hz without much trouble and provides some power even to 16hz, even though I haven't pushed it. With the BFD covering some room problems and crossover set to 40hz-ish, it really puts out clean non-directional sound.

You stole my sub, ya bastard!!! :argh:

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 20, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Calincole posted:

Yeah the speakers are the oldest part of the setup and next to go for sure. No im not only looking for bookshelves only (the CM7 is a 3-way floor stander) and I'm far from settled on a particular speaker. Waiting for that check for Q1 profit sharing from work then itl finally be time. Ill def look into the GS20's though. Any thoughts on a good DAC to compliment the Rotel?

Whoops, i thought the CM7 was the bookshelf version of the new B&Ws. B&W model numbers are a mystery to me.

Once you know your definite price budget make a thread about it and ill list you about a bazillion speakers that you should go audition.

and are you talking about a DAC for your PC? Most people only get a DAC if theyre outputting audio from their PC. You dont need a DAC for almost everything home theater related since its all digital anyways. CD players also have DACs built in, which eliminates the need for external DACs.

(finished cleaning up my poo poo)

Receiver: tx-sr603x
Speakers: Monitor audio RS6s + RSLCR
Sub: HSU VTF2-MKIII
DVD player: Harman Kardon DVD-22

Really need to get a loving oppo 970HD, just too lazy

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Mar 27, 2007

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

j4cbo posted:

:siren: Warning: Audiophile detected! :siren:

Slim Devices Transporter
Dynahi
Grado SR-80
Logitech Harmony 880 (not used much at the moment)

I'm going to get a DIY Enclosures 1712HS case for the Dynahi, along with Cardas RCA connectors and a locking Neutrik headphone jack (both gold-plated), but my budget needs to recover first. :(

Still looking for a next headphone purchase, most likely the Sennheiser HD650.

Holy gently caress a $2000 slim devices transport with some SR80s!?!? Get some HF1000s or something :psyduck:

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

j4cbo posted:

I know, I know :(

I got rather a discount on the Transporter (long story), and have been building the rest of my system up to it. Love what I've heard of it so far, though.

edit: you mean the GS1000 or HF1?

HF1000! Its the combination of both. :haw:

I meant the GS1000, sorry bout that. The RS2 or RS1 would also be a good combo :)

Odoyle posted:

That's quite attractive. Nice looking setup, everything matches and the wood accents really win it. What's on screen?

The beginning of The New World in HBO high def.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

TheSkipster posted:

But is it in the bedroom?

Yeah its in the bedroom, but as a senior in highschool ( :c00l: ) it would be a waste downstairs where my parents just watch TLC and law and order all day.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Calincole posted:

Yeah I'm using my PC as my sole source atm. my general plan was to use the onboard soundcard's optical digital out --> seperate DAC but I'm open to suggestions as to what to do with it. Ive heard good things about external USB soundcards, but I havent taken the time to really read up on them yet. (and for purely selfish asthetic reasons I like the idea of sticking with A/V form factor stuff).

All depends on budget, the $1000 benchmark DAC 1 is supposedly amazing (says the head-fi forums). I personally think external DACs are a bit overrated, then again i know very little about using a computer as a source, and its so confusing it drives me mad. Ive basically given up on it.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Lt. Jebus posted:

Sharp Aquos 46D62U
1080p, excellent black levels and elegant design. Banding-shmanding, this is one awesome TV. This is my second 46D62U, having replaced the first one (that I only had for 24hrs) with a wii-related dead pixel issues (oops). Recently replaced my old Sammy HLP series DLP.

Playstation 3
Doubles as my Blu-Ray / DVD player. Eagerly awaiting any news of a future firmware update that will enable DVD upconverting

XBox 360
Currently broken (three red lights of doom). Great console but as reliable as a British Leyland era Jaguar (thats AI talk for not very). Probably going to wait out and see if those "Zephyr" prototypes are for real. When it was working it was also my HD-DVD player.

Logitech Z-680
Good for my small condo. Probably will upgrade to a mid-range AV receiver/speaker set when I move into my new place, but these little workhorses have done very well for a set of 5.1 computer speakers. Lasted since my college days.

Motorola HD Cable Box
No idea what model, doesn't have HDMI but has DVI. Since OTA HD is next to non-existant in Canada and Sat. dishes aren't allowed in my building, its the only game in town.

(Wii in picture isn't mine unfortunately)

Isnt the 42" Sharp the one without the banding? or is that the 52" one? Either way, awesome lcd tvs, that and the sony bravia XBR3s are putting up a real fight with plasmas.... which is not a good thing :(

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Ooner posted:

Polaroid FCM-3232 LCD (32")
Cox cable box
TiVo Series 2
Combo VCR/DVD

I used to have a cheap Kenwood receiver and surround sound but got rid of it to make everything fit in/on the cabinet I built, but now I sort of wish I'd have kept some kind of sound system because the built-in speakers on this TV are for poo poo. I tried the headphone jack but I get a buzzing sound when the TV is turned off. I'm still trying to figure out some workaround that doesn't involve me opening this cabinet or rewiring much.

Wow that tv "mount" is pretty loving sweet. I think its a little too bright with the orange, but the idea itself was very well executed. Of course now you just need a sound system... and maybe ditch that vcr dvd thing, its so ugly :(

King Nothing posted:

Focal 714S fronts
Focal CC 70 S center
Essex SW2 subwoofer
Panasonic XR-57 receiver
Vizio 32" LCD
Sony upconverting DVD player

You and me are a like because we have some pretty great speakers being driven by lovely components. XR-57 is typically a bright receiver and you got it hooked up to focals?? is the beryllium tweeter shrill as hell or does it still sound good?

After i decide on if im ever going to get a cd player (or just look at audiogon until my eyes fall out of my head), im definitely saving up for a receiver with pre-outs and then getting a nice power amp (behringer, crown, etc) or possibly a regular used rotel...

Oh yeah, and do you like your grills on or off? I usually keep mine on because i tend to stare at my aluminum drivers if i dont, but if i remember correctly the focal grills are badass pieces of aluminum grating that i think make the speaker look above its class.

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 20, 2007

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

King Nothing posted:

My (Chorus line) speaker's tweeters are an aluminum/magnesium alloy. The Utopia line uses a beryllium tweeter, maybe that's what you're thinking of? It's funny you mention Rotel...go read this:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=600778

Anyway I love the way my speakers sound. My components (especially the receiver) aren't lovely, I'd say they're very well-matched to each other in terms of the price point. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to drive a pair of B&W 802Ds with my receiver, but considering my fronts were only $700 for the pair I think I'm getting the most I can out of them.

The grills are just black plastic things with some sort of thin foam cover...I took them off because I like looking at my speakers.

I thought all focals used beryllium, just different "types" of strength or something, my bad.

Also, i tend to take the general consensus over one guys epiphany that XR-57 somehow beats out an amp with way more power and higher quality components. Theres reviews of the sonic impact t-amp on moon audio and stuff that say "WOW THIS ALMOST MATCHED MY $3000 DUAL MONOBLOCKS", and then next week he reviews another mini amp and says how it beats the piss out of the sonic impact t-amp somehow.

Dont get me wrong, i think the xr-57 is an impressive amp, and was pretty much set on getting it before i got a great deal on my onkyo, but i always think a seperate amp will be better.

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 20, 2007

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Mr_Angry posted:

I just purchased this new TV three weeks ago to replace my Philips 32 inch LCD TV as I wanted a 1080p setup. What you see is the Sony Bravia 52 inch KDL-XBR3 LCD TV and I couldn't be happier with it and got it at a great price. The system setup is as follows:
  • Sony Playstation 3 (the Blu-Ray player)
  • Xbox 360 with HD-DVD drive
  • Nintendo Wii
  • Yamaha DTS 5.1 surround system
  • Buffalo Ethernet converter (the antenna you see up top) to network it all the game systems and Comcast box
The only real issue is that to get true 1080p out of the HD-DVD drive on the 360 I have to use the HD VGA adapter and that particular model of Bravia TV is one of the few to do the right 1920 x 1080 resolution needed.

As far as the Philips I'm waiting for the bracket I ordered to arrive at which point I'll wall mount that in my bedroom, retiring the 13 inch Sanyo I've had since my college days.

If i were you i would get a nice bell'o stand thats big and wide. That is probably one of the nicest looking tvs out there and it looks sort of ridiculous perched atop a little skinny tv stand.

There was an ikea stand that was like 75" wide that would have been perfect (cost only $100 as well), but i cant seem to find it.

Hell you could just wallmount it since you have the media stand next to it. Of course your crib would be so badass with a wallmounted 52" XBR3 it might explode or something.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

esoteric posted:

Wheres your super expensive turntable to go with all that? If those tube amps are driving those big speakers, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that were looking at about 20k worth of stuff at the bare minimum.

That looks like a musical fidelity cd player, they cost around $500-$1000, so i dont think he poured $19000 into speakers and tube amps. I think the speakers are magnepan, but i cant be sure, i know very little about panel speakers, the only thing ive listened to that is close is some martin logan summits. The tube amps were probably pretty expensive, but im sure they sound great.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

timma85 posted:

TV:
Panasonic TH-37PX60U (Soon to be replaed with some sort of 1080p LCD.)

Sound:
Yamaha HTR-5860 (Soon to be replaced with a Denon.)
Monitor Audio Silver RS6 and RS LCR (Never to be replaced unless some day I can afford the Gold or Platinum Series.)

Sources:
Sony Playstation 3
Microsoft X-Box 360
Nintendo Wii
Toshiba HD-A2

Sorry for it being so dirty.

gently caress yeah! a fellow monitor audio brah' :haw:

I hope loving magnolia gets the platinum series in so i can listen to them (and possibly have sexual intercourse with their port holes).

When youre sitting does the center channel ever seem to block some of the screen? I was thinking about getting that specific line of panasonic plasmas simply so i can put the FRIGGIN HUGE center channel underneath the tv where it SHOULD be (above the tv its far from perfect).

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Mr_PK posted:

Below is a close up of the Panasonic TH-42PX50U and Yamaha YSP-800. I don't care about 7.1 surround sound and being "in the movie" which might be a negative for most people about this setup. The Yamaha soundbar provides simulated 5.1 surround sound / DTS. It sounds amazing and looks really clean (which is what I care more about)

A setup with energy take FPS would look a lot cleaner than a long bread box sitting underneath your tv.

http://www.genesisaudio.com/html/products/spkr_energy_take_pg1.htm

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Chemmy posted:

Sweet he can take his current speaker and throw it in the trash.

Well with the way i view the yamaha this actually isnt a bad idea. :sweatdrop:

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Mr_PK posted:

Personally, I think my speaker looks better than those and it sounds great, at least good enough for me. It took me a second to figure out that "energy take FPS" is actually a product name? I've never heard of it before or seen one in person. The website is really shady looking, I don't think I would order anything without seeing it in person.

Either way, it's good to see an alternative. If you have a setup that uses those speakers then post it

The website just has pictures of installations, they are just a specialty store that carries the energy line (and i already posted my setup ;) )

The brand is Energy... ya know these guys:
http://www.energy-speakers.com/v2/

Who are owned and share a lot of tech with these guys:
http://www.miragespeakers.com/v2/
http://www.athenaspeakers.com/v2/

Also their parent company also owns this little known company:
http://www.klipsch.com/default.aspx

Theres of course other alternatives like the gorgeous orb audios:

Or the KEF KHT 6000 and 9000

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 25, 2007

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

poopzilla posted:

^^^ is that an in-wall mounted dlp? that poo poo is crazy. I wonder how that would vent, my dlp throws off a fair amount of heat :confused:

I thought it was a panasonic plasma but now that you mention it it looks like one of the older gen samsung DLPs... i dont really know since i just grabbed it off the orb audio website. If it is a recessed DLP then im surprised their house hasnt burned down.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

BryanGT posted:

Nice, I'm running those RS60s and a Marantz amp for my "Stereo." They are fan-loving-tastic speakers, very impressive for the price.

I just realized i called them RS60s when theyre RS6s. :downs:

I guess i was thinking of the gold line, which goes GS10, GS20, GS60s. (i wish i had those) :downs:

Dunno about you fellow monitor audio owners but i listened to paradigms, NHTs, vienna acoustics, definitive tech, and kefs, and only kefs had a $1000 speaker that came close to the monitor audio sound quality imo. I just dont honestly see any better speeaker at a B&M dealer for $1000. :shobon: (online is a different situation)

McCheese posted:

Fairly simple setup

PC
Dynaudio Acoustics BM5A sitting on MoPads
Dell 2007WFP
Bonus pockets content!

Not seen:
Goon throne
AKG 240M headphones
Sony MDR-7506 headphones
Sennheiser PC160 headset for gaming

Coming soon:
Speaker stands
Acoustic Treatment
A better chair (preferably an Aeron)
Dynaudio BM9S Subwoofer

I use the computer mostly for gaming. I'm not a big movie watcher, but I will watch some on it (I have a surround-in-a-box setup in my living room). I'm also known to shut the lights and screen off, kick back and just listen to music for hours, hence the desire for a better chair. The room is about 12'x12', and needs some treatment, but is pretty decent now. The desk is in the middle of the room, with my tower and other gear (wifi, modem, etc...) on a small rack behind.

e: less blurry pic

drat those dynaudios are some freakin sweet pc monitors, definitely some of the best looking as well. Im assuming you have some badass DAC going from your computer? If you dont, put that second on your list after a better chair ;)

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Mar 27, 2007

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Owsla posted:

Sanyo Z4 720P projector
DIY 100" Screen
Sony 36" HD Wega (mostly hidden, bottom left of picture)
Denon AVR2805
Audio Authority component switcher
Sapphire towers, center, and rears w/JBL powered 10" sub
PS3
360 w/HD DVD
Wii
60GB PS2
120GB Xbox

are those the atlantic technologies with the blue drivers? :swoon:

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

TehKrond posted:

Put it together yesterday:

LN-t4061F
T-amp
Insignias
HTPC (2.4ghz, 512mb, bunch of music and crap)
NES, Wii, SNES, Ps2, Genesis

No cable box yet either, but I really like the Sanus stand.

That stand looks clean as hell, now i want one :(

make some speaker stands for the poor insignias, 6x6" with 8x8" base with a 2x2" beam in the middle = cheap but reliable, then paint it black of course

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

DhaliClone posted:

Just got this badboy on Thursday....

Add a PS3 and a Wii underneath it, and that's pretty much it. I also have a new TV stand, but it's not set-up yet.

is that the 63" samsung 1080p?

My uncle who is super rich bought the panny 65" for like 9G's about a month ago, its funny how almost immediately after he bought it samsung came out with a tv with probably better picture quality and only 2 less inches for HALF as much.

edit: actually that looks smaller than 63" in comparison to the wiimote so i dont know which tv it is :downs:

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

TehKrond posted:

Yeah, someday soon, provided that they last as stereo fronts and don't get moved to rears. Luckily for their magnetic issues, the computer isn't even plugged in yet.

poo poo or just get these

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ENCST

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
double post

im a retard

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Modena posted:

Just finished mounting the RB3's to the wall in the new house. We moved a few weeks ago and I've been trying to get everything as well adjusted as possible. The family room is too damned small but I'm making it work. The rears aren't mounted yet, they will be ceiling mounted along with the projector.

My Elemental Designs A3-300 just came in, and is hanging out in a corner waiting to burst some tiles.

drat im always jealous of equipment racks that are just packed to the brim

looks like some monolith of home theater superiority.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

kri kri posted:

What tv stand is this? I would like.

Its an old ikea i dont remember the name of it and i dont think they sell it anymore.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Bumpon10s posted:

If you are able to drill into your drywall, get a 1-1.25" hole bit and bore out a little hole behin the tv, and then another directly under it, about 6" above the molding. Zip tie the cables in a nice loom and (use a fish tape if needed). If you are a little nervous about having open space in your wall, just use a rubber grommet to fill in the remainder.

Some people don't like this idea, but it is easy and it works.

Then cut a hole out for a recessed outlet because if you dont your insurance is useless! yippee

Tachonium posted:

A customer threw out a perfectly good B&K amp for no reason other than it didn't have component video switching. So I upgraded my system!

Some rich people are nuts sometimes, i guess if your time is worth a couple hundred bucks per hour you dont care to sell something on ebay and rather just have someone take it off your hands.

Some of the "best deal threads" on AVSforum have people picking up denon avr 2803s or whatnot for $50 from rich old ladies.

One thing i gotta ask though is whats with the speakers 8 feet in the air, why dont you put them on stands near the TV at ear level?

Lt Moose posted:

Well, that is what my setup looked like 48 hours ago. Strong storms + over 24 hours w/o power + lots of rain = wet basement :(.
Luckily only the bottom of the subwoofer got wet, but I think it may be warping a little. I think (and hope) it still works.

what about the couches? i remember at my old house when i had a basement and i went down there to get something and there was probably an inch of water. If i had my home theater down there i would probably poo poo bricks.

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Aug 29, 2007

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Chemmy posted:

Updated picture of my setup. Since the last pic I got a PS3 and the HD-DVD addon for the 360.

drat you still havent gotten speaker stands?

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
That room looks really clean, the bose accents that pretty well. Seriously i would kill for a nice leather couch and coffee table.

Biggest mystery for me though is why you have a 37" with blu ray and hd-dvd!? Go for the 50"!

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Wow those model 201s are nice.

Though i never will understand having an amp thats worth more than the speaker itself.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Os Furoris posted:

Upgrade potential maybe? When I plan to upgrade my system I'll probably spend about as much on the amp as the speakers, so if I outgrow them I can just replace speakers.

If you think about it adding up all the stuff in the chain (Transport, DAC, Amp, Preamp, sub, stands, cabels, etc) you're going to spend a lot more on other things. At least it seems most people into audio do.

Seconding your sentiments on the 201s though.

The problem with amps is i dont think they make more than 10% of a sound difference. If a speaker is power hungry and you want to turn it up then buy a nice amp, because it certainly lowers distortion at higher levels, but it doesnt really "change" the sound. I have an emotiva LPA-1 which was $450, my monitor audios were $900. My next speakers will probably be $3,000 or so, and i still plan on keeping this amp, because it has a solid 125w per channel, and unless the speakers are horribly inefficient then i will still be able to play them loud.

Pibborando San posted:

Yeah, I just looked up those amps. They SERIOUSLY outclass your speakers and receiver. The Anthem will be a better match. And you've spent that much, have a nice TV and yet no HD-DVD or BluRay?

To be honest he has a 720p 46" sony lcd projection, if i were him i wouldnt adopt an hd format yet either.

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 3, 2007

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Biased Truth posted:

Television: TH-50PX75U

Speakers
Fronts: B&W 684 Cherry
Center: B&W HTM 61 Cherry
Surrounds:[url=http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/display.aspx?infid=1183&sc=hthttps://m-1
Subwoofer: Jamo D4

Receiver: Integra 6.8

Xbox 360
Xbox (Modded) - Xbox Media Center

is the center channels going like this :pwn:

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
I agree get a rug between couch and TV because that hardwood floor is awesome but theres just tooooo much of it.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
that wiring is super clean, looks nice

how does full house audio work, mainly the russound speaker selector, is that remote controlled or do you have to switch it manually?

also im guessing by the polk gear you must get that stuff HEAVILY discounted?

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

TyroneShoes posted:

Nice speakers. I see the vifa xt tweets (one of my personal favs) but what mids are those? Vifa Premium? Link to speakers?

Edit: I see you posted a link later. Good taste you have and HSU makes a great sub.

Atohm 5.25"

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 17, 2008

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
^ Doesnt that hurt your neck like hell?

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

The Dave posted:

The majority of them are poorly done. Bad placement and when you put a whole entertainment unit under it with all your boxes and such it just looks like you have an empty stand missing your TV. Like you said, when you wall mount the tv you need to treat it like a framed piece of art to make it look good. The "floating above the tv unit" look is horrible.

Agree with a lot of it... if you wall mount a tv the only thing that should really be below it is a center channel on a speaker stand.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
64" AFF is retarded. my uncle had a 65" panny plasma installed by magnolia and im going to guess the 64" AFF rule is what they used, their family of 6 (and i) agrees that the plasmas a little too high, and thats with a friggin 65" plasma. Anything smaller and you would have to crane your neck back even more and sink back into the chairs as far as possible. Unless you have some ginormous 100" screen in a dedicated home theater room i cant even begin to imagine how the 64" AFF would be appropriate for when youre sitting on a couch.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
i have like 5 broken cables from monoprice. 2 of those are barely used component cables that i used from my onkyo to my LPA-1 power amp, i dont know if its my onkyo having loose connections, or the cable being lovely though.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
whats to the left of the tv? i had my VTF2 MKIII about 6" away from the wall and then i got LS6s so i had to smash it right up against the wall, and now it sounds like poo poo i think... The bass just shakes the room a LOT, when before it was clean bass that you could actually hear and fell, not just hear shaking the walls like hell.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

TenementFunster posted:

a speaker? a rack of DVDs?

sorry was a little unclear, i mean whats to the left of the speaker, why not put the sub there at a proper distance from the wall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
well legdiann posted a cool setup so im gonna have to post my setup..

its the "never going to have a gf setup :cool:"

and yeah i know the center channels totally hosed, i need to get a longer tv mount arm, or get a new stand altogether. I want to buy an emotiva XPA-3 so im probably just gonna go with the new arm since it will only run me $80 or so.