Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.

ryan_woody posted:

This is the best thread to post this question, I guess, so here it goes:

I got a Logitech Harmony 900 remote a few years ago, and then put it in storage for a couple years when I got deployed with the military. Now I have a new laptop and a couple new components to my AV setup, so I tried to install the Harmony software and reconfigure my setup.

Now, however, I can't get the remote to recognize the USB connection. I can't progress with the software setup until it recognizes the remote, and I'm stuck because the remote doesn't even show up in device manager. I have a new mini-USB cable on the way from Amazon, just in case that's the issue. It should be here on Friday.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what else the problem could be, or how to solve my issue?

The harmony drivers are a complete crapshoot and work or don't work according to the alignment of the stars and planets. If you're using the standalone drivers I'd try using the myharmony site to manage your remote, the drivers it installs to connect to the remote seem to get a lot more development and have fewer problems for me at least. YMMV though, I don't have a 900 and every goddamn one of these remotes seems to be finicky about drivers in a slightly different way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU