Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
I just put mine together last fall. I'm waiting for the format war to calm down and/or dual players to become mainstream for an HD player. The wait's painful, but the HD channels I get are pretty good.

Video:
Toshiba 72MX195 72" 1080p HDTV - Absolutely terrific. The color needs pro calibration, but otherwise the depth and detail are terrific.
Some upconverting Toshiba DVD player - It has nice upconversion I suppose

Audio:
Harmon Kardon AVR435 reciever - Replaced a lower end Yamaha and is better in every way. The setup system is awesome and it drives the Athenas in ways the Yamaha could only dream of.

Athena F2.2 front tower speakers - They really sound great and they go low so I could set the sub for max extension with a low crossover for some really powerful bass.

Athena B2.1 bookshelf surrounds - Been fine.

Athena C2.1 center - I hear it's considered weak, but I can't really complain.

HSU VTF2mk3 sub - This thing is a monster. I get power below 18hz without much trouble and provides some power even to 16hz, even though I haven't pushed it. With the BFD covering some room problems and crossover set to 40hz-ish, it really puts out clean non-directional sound.

Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124P for sub control - Tough to figure out at first but with Room Equalization Wizard and some hardware for sound capture, it's tons of powerful fun. If you have any sort of real sub, get one. They're only about $100 and make much more bass improvement than almost anything else you can do.

Misc:
Monsterpower 3500MkII - lol Monster lol but well worth the clearance prices for a nice power center.

Picture of the main setup with bonus Alton Brown. Food Network and even HGTV in HD are excellent. You can also see my adopted Wii on the floor. The pile of wires in the left of the picture are cables for the sound meter and external soundcard for BFD setup and tuning. The wires scattered on the right side are cables testing other grounds to pinpoint and knock out ground loop interference that's been haunting me. My computer is one ground, theater is another, and since I have seperate cables from the street for internet and tv, both of those grounds make even more noise. The bitches.

Jymmybob fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 19, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

expunge posted:

^^ How did you get HGTV & Food Network in HD? Who's your provider?

I have WideOpenWest who have been pretty good and have a decent HD selection. Other than the HD movie and local channels, we probably watch Food Network the most. HGTV and Food both have high quality broadcasts that I'd put up with HDNet and above everyone else. Those fashion/trendy people sure know how to use color and sharp design that's beautiful to watch. That and hours of HD Good Eats each day.

Omegaslast posted:

You stole my sub, ya bastard!!! :argh:

I already had the amp eat itself but a quick phonecall later netted me an RMA. They only had it for a day before it was on its way back all repaired and while I don't think I did anything wrong, but there weren't any questions anyways. They also allow you to take the sub apart for troubleshooting and repair rather than ship the whole thing back, which is a nice touch.

Jymmybob fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 20, 2007