Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cornjob
Jun 12, 2007

NOT AN ACTOR

In the middle of moving, so no pics yet...

Runco SP50 Plasma
Denon AVR 3806 surround receiver
Panasonic DMR E50 DVD recorder
Pioneer DVL 919 Laserdisc player
Dish Network ViP622 HD satellite receiver with Seagate 750gb external hard drive

Velodyne HGS 10 Subwoofer
Genelec 6020a speakers

Transparent and liberty cables.

I recently sold off my Denon DVD 3910 DVD player in anticipation of the new blu player player or maybe a PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornjob
Jun 12, 2007

NOT AN ACTOR

Edit for system list

Runco XP50DHD
Integra DTC 9.8
Genelec 6040A (x3)
Genelec HT205 (x2)
Velodyne HGS 12
PS3
Pioneer EliteDVl-91
Panasonic DMRE50
Wii
Popcorn Hour
PS2
N64
Universal Remote MX980

Cornjob fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 13, 2009

Cornjob
Jun 12, 2007

NOT AN ACTOR

Omegaslast posted:

holy cow... those genelecs deserve to be on some stands not those things that probably vibrate to hell and back.

are your surrounds active? i think youre the only person on SA to be running a fully active setup.. dont see many of those.

and what sub is that?? it looks inadequate when compared to some genelec subs.

btw, nice fujitsu.

Runco. Not Fujitsu.

The surrounds are Genelec HT205 (x2)

The sub is a velodyne HGS 12.

I would like the Genelecs to be on a stand, but I am space-challenged.

Cornjob
Jun 12, 2007

NOT AN ACTOR

Ive posted my system before, but I've made several changes...
Of course I would rather not have the sub in the bookcase, but I don't have room for it anywhere else. The speakers are on rubber feet, so they dont vibrate the shelves at all.

Cornjob
Jun 12, 2007

NOT AN ACTOR

ufarn posted:

Really? I think it's alright. It's awesome to see that the Wizard of Oz frequents SA, too.

The usual gooncave is usually a putrid cesspool with an Herman Miller chair, some consoles or an HDTV standing out.

Doesn't the visual clutter bother you to death? I know that things aren't exactly lying on the floor, but it's got to be annoying when watching movies.

Id prefer a cleaner look, but I live in a 750sq ft condo, so I cant put some of that stuff anywhere else. When the lights are off, all you see is the TV.

You think the creepy basement system with fridge and garbage can is acceptable, and mine has visual clutter that should bother me?

Cornjob fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 15, 2009

Cornjob
Jun 12, 2007

NOT AN ACTOR

Legdiian posted:

Swapped out my display this weekend. Mostly just loving around trying to figure out how to use the manual mode on my camera. Top pic is rope lighting, bottom is lamps. Room was very dark hence the grainy pics.

Yes the granite coffee table is shiny and I put a cover on it when I do any "serious" movie watching.

Runco CW-61

Click here for the full 1379x1050 image.

Click here for the full 1277x1050 image.

Very nice. I wish my Runco-equipped system was as clean looking. Soon enough, though. I'm moving to a bigger place.

Cornjob
Jun 12, 2007

NOT AN ACTOR

Posted before, but Ive made changes.

Runco XP-50DHD
Integra DHC 9.9
Genelec with Velodyne HGS 12 subwoofer 5.1 system
PS3
Popcorn Hour
AppleTV
Wii
Comcast HD DVR
Universal MX980 Remote

sorry for the lousy pics, still setting up.

Cornjob
Jun 12, 2007

NOT AN ACTOR

They are start around 10k and go up from there. The user can load their own DVDs and CDs. No HD, other than pre-loaded content.

Cornjob
Jun 12, 2007

NOT AN ACTOR

crappy pictures, i know.

112" Diagonal 2.35:1 stewart screen
Integra DHC 80.2 surround processor
PS3
Acer HTPC
Runco Q-750d with Anamorphic Lens
Pioneer Elite DVL-91 LD player

5.1 speaker setup
Genelec HT208 Left/Right
Genelec 8030a center, surrounds
Velodyne HGS 12 sub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornjob
Jun 12, 2007

NOT AN ACTOR

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

No echoing at all. Giant couch and double fabric blinds seems to help.

We prefer the hard surface look aesthetically and due to dust allergies.

Edit: oh btw that coffee table lifts up, which is great for we dining room table challenged peoples.

If you do art, get canvas. Not framed glass or plastic