Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I'm going to go for smallest television:

The NAD T761 was getting pretty temperamental so its been temporarily replaced with the Pioneer VSX-915. Speakers are a cheap Polk set, pretty good for the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

dissss posted:

I'm going to go for smallest television:

Now its all properly set up:

As you can see its rather bright in there during the day must get some proper curtains to block out the view. Also sub and surround speaker placement is a problem (at the moment one of the surrounds is sitting on the arm of the couch)

System is now:
- Pioneer VSX-915
- Polk Monitor 50 front, 30 surround, CS1 center, PSW-111 sub
- No name 32" SD plasma - on the plus side crappy quality shows look as good as DVDs
- No name DVD player that allows skipping normally unskippable stuff
- Oblig. XBox 360
- 8 year old Acer laptop handles HTPC (remember, no HD in this setup)
- Crappy Telstra cable box that requires an external modem for the EPG (extra messy cabling)

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

monkeybounce posted:

I agree, nice view.

Why does it look like your doorknob is at face level?

Never noticed that before but it is quite high. Weird old house I guess.

As for the view don't worry that's where the other couch is facing.