Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
I still live with my parents while I'm going to school (Sophomore in College), so I'm alotted this 10' x 9' space, and I've done what I can with it. (Sorry for the picture quality, cell phone)

What's shown:

42" 720p Plasma
Modem
Linksys Etherfast Router
Xbox 360
PS3
Wii

On the right there's the space for a Roku Netflix Player. I plan on buying this, which will cause me to take out the top shelf, stand all three consoles vertically in the middle and put the receiver on the bottom. Each console has wired internet access, the Roku player will too.

From the couch

From the side

I'll try to get some better pictures in the next couple of days.

Gorilla Salsa fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 1, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
I said I would post better quality pictures if I could, and I added an HTiB, so here are the updated pics. Not bad for a college student, I think.

Shown:
  • 42" Vizio (Plasma)
  • Modem
  • Router
  • Xbox 360
  • Onkyo HT-S3100 (Reciever is an Onkyo HT R340)
  • PS3
  • Wii
  • Roku Netflix Player
considering getting an Apple TV or a DS-A2X.

Gorilla Salsa fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 2, 2008

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

McCracAttack posted:

I don't think wall mounts are ever received well in this thread.

To be fair, not all of them were that great (One guy put it above his fireplace?)

I chose specifically not to wall mount because I knew I'd either screw it up, or want to rearrange my room later. Sure enough, I rearranged last week. (Plus I live with my parents :awesome: )

EDIT: If it were lowered like 2.5 feet, it would look sweet (and he should mount the speakers too)

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Snowbunny honey posted:

I know I need to pretty up some wires, there are just so drat many.

The wires don't look too bad compared to some of the stuff here. Nice setup.

Legdiian posted:

Is the picture of the cable box install an inside joke or something? I don't need to tell you what you'd be doing if you worked on my crew.

You have a "crew"? How do I get a job installing A/V stuff in people's living rooms?

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Omegaslast posted:

Because i live with my parents :smithicide: (i tried to live on campus this year and i didnt get in, but i live 15 minutes away from the college so i said gently caress it i'll just live at home)

High five. My case is more like I can't afford to live on campus ($7000 for dorms alone, so I can share a bathroom with an entire floor? Sign me up!)

Good to know I'm not the only lives-at-home-but-has-a-home-of-his-own TV setup.