Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!

Crappy mobilepics, but this is my little cave. Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor speakers with a Pathos Classic One Mk II amp. The other smaller ones are a Little Dot DAC_1 and a Little Dot Mk III Headphone amp used with some Sennheiser HD650s. I'm waiting for some feet to tilt the speakers abit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Still some rogue wires that needs handling, but apart from that all done.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

BigFactory posted:

Sick.

What's the Mac? MA5200?

Yes, the MA5200. It's just 100w, but the speakers a very easily driven so plenty of power for a relatively small room.

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

KozmoNaut posted:

"Just" 100 WPC :lol:

On a set of JBLs like that, 100 WPC is more than enough oomph for rock concert SPL in an average-sized room. I bet you hardly ever use more than 10 WPC in normal use.

I hardly use that much to drive my JBL 4410s to neighbor-hating levels. Efficient speakers rule.

All true. :-) I wish it had one more optical digital input tho, as it is with one of each it gets full pretty fast if you don't want to get an extra box in.

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Putting the center in the fireplace or hearth (even on tasteful books) sounds very impractical.

It seems like you're trying to have it all wich is hard in that room. Perhaps it's possible to split the center into two so you can have one speaker on each sub together working as a center?

I dunno. I would just go with a cool stereo + sub system. That way you free up your other corners for more chairs or whatnot. Or bookshelves that a fireplace study sorely needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

By splitting the center, I ofc don't mean the physical speaker itself, but the signal going into two separate speakers.