Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are

C0lin posted:

I also have my PS3 hooked up with HDMI video, and since my receiver is only HDMI pass through, I use an optical. I don't know why it's not working for you.

Yeah, I'm doing the same thing here. HDMI to TV, optical to receiver. No menu switching at all.

Samsung LN46A500, my parents old Sony HTIB which serves me well enough, PS3 and Xbox 360. Various videogames, blu rays and stuff. DVD's are off camera to the right.

1997 fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are

Akvj1n posted:

I just took the stands out of storage (dust) and need to cut some speaker wire.

Stuff:

Harman Kardon AVR 147 Receiver
Energy - RC-10 Speakers
Samsung 40-Inch 1080p TV
PS3 60 GB
Logitech diNovo Edge keyboard
Lacie 1TB HDD
Not pictured: Lenovo laptop as Media Center, DirecTV.

Saving for: a subwoofer and perhaps a center speaker.

Two questions:

Where'd you get the speaker stands or do you know where I can get some that look like yours? All the ones I see in town are skinny and tall, I'd like something shaped more like yours.

Also, the entertainment center, where'd that come from?

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are

Akvj1n posted:

They're Energy - C-ST Speaker Stands. I got the entertainment center from Ikea. They have a darker color that actually matched my stands and TV, but it looked like poo poo.

EDIT: I got the stands from Audio Advisor.

Thank you very much kind sir.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are

Just bought a 60" Samsung F8500. It's pretty great so far. I removed all my audio stuff since it needs to get re-done.