Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finally updated my tv stand

Still working on that laminate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just realized I didn't post my new set up here

65" Samsung UN65H7150 with a Motorola DCX3400 DVR, Sony bvd-n900w home theatre and PS4 below it, which you can't see due to the blinding light of the tv.

Old 46" went in the bedroom, which I don't have a photo of but somehow didn't end up looking ridiculous.

My ISP/cable provider is going to bring a "signal booster" since having everything on one old rear end outlet is pushing its limits. What are signal boosters exactly?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Someone on here said I had a baby's TV at 46" and I never looked at it the same way again. Now 65" seems just right, even though my neighbours were laughing at me when I brought it in. (570 sq foot apartment)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I spent a lot of money on lasik so I never had to wear glasses again. I watched one Tesla documentary on my TV just to check it out and haven't touched it since.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Took this pic for other reasons, might as well post it here too.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

kloa posted:

how you gonna watch tv facing the wrong way :confused:

There's a matching two seater la-z-boy couch facing the TV.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

New set up, loving love it

Onkyo HT-S7700 receiver and 5.1.2 surround speakers with a 65" Samsung UN65H7150 (had the tv for a while now).

The receiver/spearkers were much bigger than I expected (81lbs!) and the sound blows everything away. I wish I could convey it over youtube. I was like :staredog: when I heard one of these go off in Battlefront

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWshUMhFBV4

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

KillHour posted:

Get a real sub next time and have your mind blown again.

Kidding. Enjoy your new setup and don't get sucked down the rabbit hole with the rest of us suckers.

I live in a wood frame condo, surrounded on all sides. This is already too powerful. :)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

KozmoNaut posted:

My setup just got a major shot in the arm.

Well not quite, but I did dumpster dive a free 19" Samsung TV at work today. It just bugs me when people throw away perfectly functional non-broken stuff.

It'll make a fine Chromecast/RetroPie/whatever monitor for my workbench, once I get a cheap HDMI audio extractor and a HDMI->DVI cable (no HDMI inputs). S-Video and SCART RGB too, so it'll make a decent monitor for old consoles.

When I got my 4k monitor I left my 27" 1080p monitor, which is a lot nicer/newer than that one, in the condo mail room with a "free" post it note. Not worth the effort to do any more.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Updated to 4K way earlier than expected... drat you PS4 Pro!!

65" Samsung KS8000
Onkyo HT-S7800 receiver and speakers

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 27, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I prefer the old "hide all your poo poo behind a piece of furniture" technique, although I just moved my loveseat to take a photo of my increasingly ridiculous gaming set up:

-65" 4K HDR 10 Samsung KS8000
-Onkyo HT-S7800 receiver and speakers
-Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition
-PS4 Pro
-Shaw BlueSky TV DVR (Canadian equivalent to the x1 xfinity)
-1080Ti/i7-7700k gaming PC (on the far right)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Add a lower case L before the .jpg on your imgur images to be kind to non 4k viewers. Not that I'd be caught dead with less than 4k anything of course. :smug:

Also nice.... garage?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My 4k tv broke during my move and I was quoted at $1,200 Cdn for repair. :( This is gonna sound super entitled but going back to 1080p gaming is so hard my dudes, even if the backup is a 2014 65". Everything looks so blah

And I'm leaving for a PAL country in six months so there's no point in upgrading now.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Olympic Mathlete posted:

...this is your fault for buying a lovely TV in 2014. :v:

Oh for sure, I think I bought it right before the ps4 pro was announced and I don't give a poo poo about tv/movies so had no interest in 4k at the time. :(

But the Samsung UN65H7150 was a good tv at the time.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

But if you want UHD, and you're moving to a different continent, why would you move a freaking 65" TV, when you could just sell it and buy a new 65" UHD TV in Europe or wherever.

That was always the plan. It's just now I have to do 1080p for six months, and seeing things like the RDR2 trailer makes me sad now.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

spookygonk posted:

For a second I thought that was another Star Wars origin movie.

I gave up on Star Wars after the Force Awakens. That was the last movie I saw in a theatre actually, thanks to my wonderful TV set up. :rip:

I haven't even set up surround sound again, maybe selling my receiver. I don't know how people live like this.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I also love my X. It instantly became my fav console. (Also had a ps4 pro and switch). For a technophile the X is a no brainer.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CheddarGoblin posted:

There's no way that was you, modern lcd screens are really tough

Lol I broke my 4k Samsung just by squeezing it when moving, they aren't tough at all.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Seems like a lot of companies are using the roni as an excuse to shirk responsibilities.

On topic, I am moving into my new condo in October and wondering if I need a new tv stand for the behemoths known as ps5 and xbox series x.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

New minimalist set up for new condo

Should have got something slightly wider but I'm still happy with the look.

Middle section is open in the back for console ventilation, don't fret.

65" LG CX, PS5, Xbox Series X, LG sk9y surround, Google nest hub max, Fetch box (Aus cable) pictured

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Discernibly Turgid posted:

How’s the Sk9y working out? I’m an LG dealer but I’ve never had so much as a brush with those soundbars.

It’s a really pleasingly tidy, happy look. I wish I could do that sort of thing, but I really end up trying to find a neat way of going high-density within a space. You do it justice.

Had some issues reliably connecting to the subwoofer wirelessly for a bit but it's good now. Sound is excellent. Having all sorts of connectivity issues with the extra back speakers but haven't really had the time to troubleshoot.

Wired systems definitely work more reliably but I don't have the patience for cords everywhere anymore.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I imagine those are press to open doors. Give them a prod and they'll pop open enough for you to grab the door.

Yep, correct. Tv stand has two of them as well.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finally got my giant rear end couch for my tiny rear end living room

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Looks nice, how are the acoustics? Seems like you have a lot of hard surfaces. Maybe hang some paintings, throw down a rug and a tablecloth?

No echoing at all. Giant couch and double fabric blinds seems to help.

We prefer the hard surface look aesthetically and due to dust allergies.

Edit: oh btw that coffee table lifts up, which is great for we dining room table challenged peoples.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Late 90s were not. Thanks for the heart attack though.