Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orangetomato1469
Jul 20, 2008

This is my bedroom/computer system.
-B&W 625 Bookshelf Speakers
-Pioneer Elite A-35R Stereo Amp

The speaker placement is completely sub-optimal, but space was a huge factor. Someday I will get some stands and mount them correctly.

The new home theater.
- BenQ W1000 projector (1080p)
- 85" High Gain Focupix screen
- Onkyo SR605
- Polk R50 fronts
- Paradigm CC190 center
- Premier Audio PA-120 subwoofer

- Denon DP-300F Turntable
- HTPC Homebuilt(Blu-ray, HDMI, HDTV, 4TB media)
- Xbox 360 (20GB, HDMI)

- Beginnings of record collection
- Awful mess of wires

So far I've been really happy with the new projector. I had a 42" LCD before, and it has taken some getting used to the new set-up. The room has a lot of ambient light, but the projector has enough lumens to make it watchable during the day. At night movies look incredible (hopefully I'll get some screen shots soon). Even the OTA broadcasts of the Olympics come in nicely in HD through my cheapo computer tuner. Plans for the future include getting matching Paradigm fronts and surrounds. Other than that...for the amount I spent putting together the system, I think it kicks rear end. Also, I need more records.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orangetomato1469
Jul 20, 2008

One Arm Manny posted:

Are you happy with the cc190 as your center channel? I am waiting on a set of Monitor 7's to come in for my fronts and considering changing my center out for a cc190. Thanks!

Yeah, it's a great speaker. Compared to the crappy Onkyo HTIB center I had before, the Paradigm makes a huge difference, especially in dialog heavy movies. I also looked at the Monitor 7's and they are great as well. It's obviously best when you can have matching front and center channels.