Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Display:
Panasonic TX-42PX600U 42" plasma

Components:
Xbox 360 hooked up using VGA
SA 6300HD cable box + dvr using HDMI
Oppo DV971H hooked up using HDMI

Audio:
Onkyo TX8511
Axiom M3tis
Crummy record player

Not pictured:
Wii!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

thefuNkpuNk posted:

What is / Where did you get your furniture (tv stand / coffee table)?

People always ask about the furniture. Noone ever likes my TV. :(

They're from Ikea, in the Magiker line.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Sith Happens posted:

Nice looking setup, the wheels on the side cabinets are kind of ugly though.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Sith Happens posted:

Thanks. Kind of hard to tell from the picture, but they're not wheels. They're rounded wooden feet. I'd rather they matched the feet of the tv stand, but the stand was custom built, and I found the audio piers in a store.

Nice to see the MacBook Pro on your coffee table. :cool: You ever hook it into your display for some HD Apple glory? Of all the things I've shown guests on my setup, Front Row and slideshows via iPhoto always seem to get the most "oohs" and "aahs".

I just have a 3.5 year old G4 PowerBook. :(

If those aren't wheels then they probably look nice in person. Your setup is sweet, wheels just seemed out of place. If they're round wooden feet I'm just an idiot.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Mr_PK posted:

I really like the TV. I personally have the Panasonic TH-42PX50U 42" plasma which is basically the same plasma panel with speakers.

Aww shucks. The PX50U is from the generation before the 60U and 600U.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

That's a pretty sweet setup. I wish I had a house instead of a crummy apartment.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Minto Took posted:

How do those Axioms sound?

I like my M3tis. I'll be using them as rear channels when I build up a surround sound setup.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Omegaslast posted:

A setup with energy take FPS would look a lot cleaner than a long bread box sitting underneath your tv.

http://www.genesisaudio.com/html/products/spkr_energy_take_pg1.htm

Sweet he can take his current speaker and throw it in the trash.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Flewdefur posted:

I'm a college student without much free time but so far I've managed to put together a small system for my bedroom consisting of a 32' ViewSonic LCD, a home made HTPC running Meedio, and a Carver receiver with a pair of old JVC bookshelf speakers (meh). Currently I'm looking to upgrade my speakers and receiver to a better 2.1 set but haven't had much time to research/shop. I'd really like to get a pair that could be mounted on either side of the TV so if there are any suggestions...

edit: I feel dumb because I cant make a thumbnail image :(

You should try getting some split conduit to run your wires through, it'll make your setup look a little cleaner.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The Hitachi ALIS plasmas were 960x1080, they may have accepted only 1080i signals but they're progressive panels. A fixed pixel display doesn't display non progressive resolutions.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

First off, everyone needs to stop talking about HD-DVD rips. Secondly, why would you bother with HD-DVD rips when you have a 480p projector?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Updated picture of my setup. Since the last pic I got a PS3 and the HD-DVD addon for the 360.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Omegaslast posted:

drat you still havent gotten speaker stands?

It's true. I'm moving this month, I'll figure something out then. To be honest I've been waffling between building a surround sound setup and buying speaker stands, which is why they're still on the floor.

Edit: I might build some stands next month, I just can't find any speaker stands for what I'd call a reasonable price. I'd spend like $30 on each stand I guess, but any more than that and I wonder why a pole with some wood on top is so expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Pibborando San posted:

Wellll...

Sweet. I'll order them as soon as I move into my new place.