Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Just mounted my TV on my stand [Salamander Synergy] tonight, I'm pretty pleased with the results but I was really pushing it by doing it alone. When I have a friend over I'm going to adjust it down 1-2 inches.

Click here for the full 960x1280 image.

Sony STR-DA2400ES
Sony 40v4100
Tivo HD
PS3
Oppo 970
Speakers: Definitive ProMonitor 1000 [finally replaced my minipods!]

I'll post more when I get my center and sub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Understeer posted:

How do you like your Salamander furniture? I'm looking for some new A/V furniture, and while I really like the Salamander stuff, my wife isn't thrilled by the price.
The price hasn't been that bad for me because I bought a plain Twin 20 in 2000 and have been adding to it ever since. The stuff is built super-well and it's very adjustable but yeah, it's pricey. There is a serious lack of decent A/V furniture out there. If you do go the Salamander route I got a good deal from these guys, I found them on AVSforum and saved a decent chunk of change.

One thing I will say is that the frosted door does not transmit IR very well, I'd definitely go for the perforated.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Synathaesia posted:

I'll have to stick with a bedroom setup for now:

Is that a desk or a workbench? It looks tall.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Salamander Designs has high quality stuff [at a similar price] as well, I've been using one of their synergy systems forever, started out plain but I've added sides, a door and eventually a TV mount.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

jonathan posted:

I just learned that Henry Rollins listens to his vinyl on wilson alexandria xlf speakers. I wonder what a speaker like that sounds like and how it would compare to something like a Klipsch jubilee setup.

I remember reading that and then wondering what all those old punk records that were recorded on like a cassette 4 track or answering machine tape sound like coming out of 6 figure speakers.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I love my Salamander Designs Synergy, not cheap but walks the line well between A/V furniture and actual furniture and it's still in once piece after 20 years and 4 moves. They have more expensive stuff that actually looks nice but still have the adjustable shelves and are actually deep enough for components like receivers.

e: looks like the PS5 is about 15 inches wide so it will fit in the space for a standard component.

qirex fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

KingKapalone posted:

Where should I ask about the goon recommended UHD player? Figured I'd be good with a PS5 eventually but I think I heard it only supports 2 height speakers but I have 4. Also no Dolby Vision.

I have the Sony X800 M2, works for me but my TV doesn't support Dolby Vision so I don't pay attention to that.