Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

chuck2020 posted:

Custom-cut in-wall shelving unit. It's got our cable box, receiver, PS3, PS2, Wii, and a drawer to hold controllers and such.
Thoughts/suggestions?

I love the setup, and was thinking of doing something similar when I get a house. But then I thought, what's the point of cutting a custom shelving unit into the wall to have it all on display? For one thing, when PS4/XBox720/WiiHD or whatever comes out, you're gonna be screwed for space. Secondly, it looks like you have access to it via a walk in closet. Why not just set up all your components on a shelf in the closet and control them via a Harmony RF controller? Sure, you'd have to go in there any time you wanted to put in a new game or Blu-Ray, but A) the industry seems to be moving more towards downloadable games or at least being able to install your games, and B) you have to walk over to that general area anyway, I don't think opening the closet door to pop in your disc is that much more effort.

Hell, if you have the space for it, you could convert the whole closet to your DVD/BluRay/Video Game library with some nice shelving units and lighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Anyone know of any TV stands similar to the BDI Revo9980? (http://www.bdiusa.com/theater/revo_9980.shtml#.UugC6xAo7cs )

While I do love the look of that stand, I don't love it enough to pay $1000 for it, at least not right now. And to be honest, the thing I like most about it is the height. I find almost all other TV stands to be too short for my liking. Right now my TV is on a stand where the bottom of the TV is about 42 inches off the ground. Honestly, I find this to be a tad too high, but I'd prefer it to be a tad too high rather than a lot too low. The 34 inch height of the Revo comes very close to what I would probably consider to be an optimal height TV stand.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Sweet fancy Moses, that's beautiful.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
That looks great but get that WiiU outta there this isn’t 2015

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Also what’s the bias lighting