Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Rock
Jun 7, 2001

Look at me! I'm whacked outta my fuckin' Brain on Whiskey!
Crappy Picture, but my camera's battery was dying so this is all you get, you cunts.

• Westinghouse LVM-42W2 (42" Widescreen LCD 1080p Monitor)
  • Time Warner Cable HDTV DVR Cable Box
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 with 20gig HDD
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive
  • Sony Playstation 3
  • Insignia 1000 Watt Home Theater in a box. I should upgrade this, but it only cost $200 and it can shake my walls, so damned if I didn't get my money's worth. I stripped the speakers off a Sony stereo system I no longer use and made those the front channels.
  • Connected to my home PC. I use the TV as my monitor, and have a wireless mouse and keyboard which I use from my couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Rock
Jun 7, 2001

Posted in this thread a few months back, but I have finished my system and now want to show it off:

• Westinghouse 42" 1080P HDTV Monitor
  • Onkyo 605 A/V Receiver
  • Sony SS-CN5000 Center Channel Speaker
  • Pioneer SHF41LR Speakers (Front)
  • Sony SA-W2500 powered Subwoofer
  • HP A6300F Pavilion Desktop - This is my media center. I threw in a few extra external HDD's (2 of which are visible sitting on top of left speaker). I don't do PC gaming, so this PC is used as my regular PC, and it outputs in 1080P to the HDTV for all my movies.
  • Sony Playstation 3 - 60 Gig Model (1st Generation)
  • Microsoft XBox 360 - 20 Gig Model (1st Generation) - HD-DVD Add-on Kit on loan to a friend at the moment
  • Time Warner Cable Cable box with DVR - In a few minutes, this wont be here anymore. I figured out how much TV I watched over a 2 week period, and it only came out to about 45 minutes. I'll be returning this today to the Time Warner regional center and cancelling my Cable TV, and upgrading my Cable Internet package.

It's by no means a super system, but Jesus it gets loud when I want it to. I love war movies, so my neighbors hate me now.

Sgt. Rock
Jun 7, 2001

TyChan posted:

I have the same Time Warner box right now. Were you running into any overheating problems by having your PS3 on top of it?

No problems. But I honestly didn't realize how much heat was being generated between the two units, so I expect that the PS3 will run a bit faster now.

Just got back from Time Warner's Brooklyn distro center. Now looking into the HVR-950 USB HDTV Tuner for any television I might need in the future.