Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Devian666 posted:

This is why I haven't posted my AV setup. I'm not worried about the floor but the chaos of components and the sea of disorganised cables is embarrassing.

According to someone in the "Post your desktop" thread over in SH/SC you are living like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I need to replace my Monster AVL300 with an 880 or 890. What a piece of poo poo. I only use it cause I got it free.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl posted:

That's an Epson EH TW3200 with a $100 5.1 set of computer speakers hooked up to either an old ThinkPad or my desktop which I drag over when I want to play something. The picture is about 120" which is plenty at this viewing distance. However the second photo reveals a serious issue with that setup: bright parts of the scene light up the nearby wall, which in turn reflects everywhere and fucks up the contrast. There's a door frame immediately to the right so the only option is reducing the size or painting everything black :black101:

Now, as you can see, the projector is standing on its own box with two others under that one, which is hardly the ideal long-term solution. Any ideas how that might be set up? It's rather unlikely that I'd be allowed to set up a ceiling mounting so I'm thinking of getting some kind of AV cart perhaps, where I could also put the (currently nonexistent) receiver and laptop/HTPC and move it around as necessary.

A real screen would help. It won't reflect light all willy-nilly like that. At the minimum, some screen-paint:

https://www.paintonscreen.com

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Synathaesia posted:

Stereo System:

B&K Reference 50
Rotel RLC-900
Pioneer DV-47Ai
NEC AUT-8000E
DIY L20D Class D Monoblocks
Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature Monitors

Desktop Headphone System:

Stello U2 USB->I2S Converter
Stello DA100 Signature DAC
Darkvoice 336SE Amp
Sennheiser HD650

The headphone system has changed a bit since those pictures. I now own the DT880 and HD600 instead of the HD650, and I've sold the 336SE, only to buy another 336SE to modify myself.

I have a set of 650s, do you recommend the 336SE to start out with? I've been looking for a good beginning tube amp for them but there are seemingly thousands of options.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

:golfclap: