Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I use this:
http://www.staples.com/Staples-Cable-Zipper/product_633146?cmArea=SEARCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

System that I'm pretty proud of but I still realize I'm open to a bunch of ridicule. Or, "This is what you get when you don't have much of a budget and you have to make a shitload of concessions with your wife"

Insignia 50" 1080p plasma tv
Rebranded Samsung panel. Bought it on sale. With $200 in BBY cards, it was $700
Insignia 450w 5.1 receiver
Apparently rebranded Onkyo. On sale for $223, cost $73 after $150 in BBY cards. Speakers are from a cheap rear end $150 receiver I bought over 5 years ago.
60w JVC powered subwoofer
Bought it off some dude on craigslist for $20.
Z-Line Designs Remington TV Stand - Mocha
Originally $159 but we had some sort of discount from Target from something I forget.
Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD
Thanks to TWC, we will be paying for this... forever!
Xbox 360
Partially paid for by gift cards!
Kinect
Sorry to disappoint you- paid full price for this. However, I did cheap out by not buying the stupid $30-$50 stand/mount for the damned thing. In fact, that thing right there is attached with sticky back Velcro(tm)!
One-For-All SmartControl remote (OARI06G)
Paid full price. Here is how I choose to defend myself: 1. At $24, that's nearly $20 less than the Harmony 300. But drat this remote does everything I need. I have it all macro'd and smarted up and all that nonsense. 2. It's the best looking remote in that price range.

gently caress. In the end, that's still a large chunk of money. But all of this crap was bought over a 3-year time period.

And, YES, my speaker placement is screwed up. That right there is the ONLY place we can put the TV in the living room. YES, there is a buttload of heat coming out of that damned TV stand. That is the only one that my wife and I could agree on. Her demands: "Hide the poo poo that people don't need to see". That means, all the xbox games/crap and other miscellaneous bs. So that's what the drawers are for. And, of course, we have to get a stand that fits in that odd corner. The wife won't let me remove the back panel from the TV stand because she doesn't think it looks good, with all of the mess of wires and the fact that seeing the back wall through the stand is ugly. She won't let me drill more holes into that back panel because it will look ugly. I think the only thing I can do is to remove the back panel, attach some wood to the back to space it out, and then re-attach the back panel to the wood- effectively creating a gap from the back of the tv stand and the panel that allows heat to escape.

Oh, one more thing. No, my cable box isn't floating. It's actually resting on a black wired paper inbox that you can't even notice unless you're bending over manually pressing buttons on the cable box. I had to put that thing there since I just got the receiver and don't want to ruin it and the stupid cable box puts out so much freakin' heat it's unbelievable.