Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat
First home for wife, infant, and me. Media room in the basement. On the whole, the guy who flipped the house did solid work. Nevertheless, he managed to do some irritating poo poo. Most notable is the off-centered, recessed lighting he installed, which the pics don't reveal. I got fed up sitting under them and am in the process of removing the cans and patching the ceiling.

The burlap on the wall to the right is covering shelves like those on the left, except packed with mineral wool. This bookshelf/bass trap also functions as a hidden door to a room I'll eventually take advantage of by using the shelves on the left as a rack.

Dig my cable management. What you're seeing just above the floor trim used to be a brass bed that I hack-sawed. The tubes are "connected" by copper couplings, and rest on brass coat-hangers. Surrounds "mounted" on CRT television mounts hack-sawed to size. Epik Dynasty, looming like a loving monster.

Edit: Gear

Monitor Audio GR20/10/LCR
HSU MBM
Epik Dynasty
Panasonic G10 50inch
Marantz SACD/DVD-A/CD changer
Pioneer BD50 something or other
Pioneer SC-25
5 Remotes, 6 if you count the Harmony I have laying around which does everything, just not very well.
PS3

Optical Inch fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU