Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Ooner posted:

I like what you did with that cabinet! Very creative way to hide cables.

Some of these other setups humble mine, but I'm pretty proud of what I put together, for the cost anyway. It's an amalgamation of new stuff and a few hand me downs. Some of the hand me downs are nice, some not so much. Everything jives pretty well at this point, so I'm not looking to go any further than this. Most of my visitors are pretty awed by it anyway. Most importantly, I enjoy it! :dance:

You can see the size of the room I have to work with a little better in this one.

40" Sony Bravia. (Only 1080i, but the price was right.)
Comcast digital HD, DVR box.
Old sony 5.1 receiver.
XBOX 360
PS2
GE VCR :v:
Bose 301's
Crappy KLH center and surrounds
Harmony remote
Z-Line "Floating" AV stand

This is my little computer room. This is where I enjoy my MST3K and other stuff I have stored on the computer and, of course, the internet. Nothing really special here except the Klipsch Promedia's. I've also got a M-Audio 5.1 sound card in the Mac that compliments the speakers well. They sound better than whats in the living room. Not pictured is the little loveseat across the room. The 20" Dell is plenty big to kick back and watch stuff.

Ignore the mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

poopzilla posted:

Grumbletron, sweet setup but I must know what is blurred out in that last pic, it looks like a rat to me.

I didnt think it wise to include my :420: accessories in the photo. The cats out of the bag now though. Keep it to yourself though. :ssh:

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Nklus posted:

Not a very good pic. But a pretty good budget set up. A floor model 30 inch HDTV thats not LCD or Flat for only 250 and a 5.1 surround sound system thats also a DVD/VHS player.

Not trying to bust your balls or anything, but that doesnt look like any HD TV I've ever seen. Thats a regular old TV. And those speakers would sound a hell of alot better if you spread them out like they are meant to be. Center on top L/R to the sides and surrounds in the back of the room.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Nklus posted:

:words:

I dont want to poo poo up the thread with this, but unless I'm mistaken, HDTV = a wide screen. Whats the model # on that thing? If I'm wrong and thats an HD I'll buy you a cookie.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

TehKrond posted:

I know that glass well! I've got two from the same resturant, it seems.

I stole mine from the Lone Star steakhouse. I smuggled it out under my big giant corduroy coat. I left a nice tip so it's OK. It's brimming with Lagunitas "Brown Shugga" ale at the moment.

EDIT:

Nklus posted:

:words:

Juriko posted:

They made 4:3 hd CRT's. They have an option to compress the guns so that they project only in a 16:9 format allowing for utilization of the full HD resolution on 16:9 content. They were great for people that wanted an HD set, but had 90% of their material in a 4:3 format.

Well, color me informed. Nklus, instead of some godless sugar free diabetic cookie, PM me and I'll buy you the forums upgrade of your choice. Sorry for calling you out.

Grumbletron 4000 fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 20, 2007