Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yalc
Mar 5, 2003

Gayin it up itt

I know I need to pretty up some wires, there are just so drat many.

Just to show the sub sits between the two couches by the lamp. and faces towards the wall.. speaker layout isn't the best but it is the best given the room size, next would be to mount the rears really high up. but.. it works for now.

Yalc fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 18, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yalc
Mar 5, 2003

Gayin it up itt

Snowbunny honey posted:

I know I need to pretty up some wires, there are just so drat many.

Just to show the sub sits between the two couches by the lamp. and faces towards the wall.. speaker layout isn't the best but it is the best given the room size, next would be to mount the rears really high up. but.. it works for now.

I forgot an equipment list..

Pioneer Elite vsx-92txh
M&K LCR-750thx (3)
M&K LCR-550thx (2)
VX1250SFX THX
Sharp Aquios 46" 46d64u
xbox-360 (vga)
ps3 (hdmi)
laptop with spdif out and dvi-to-hdmi connection
ATT-uVerse (hdmi)

oh yeah, make sure your reciever fits on your shelf... before buying it..
oh well just an excuse to get another shelf, and a poweramp :)

Yalc fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 19, 2008

Yalc
Mar 5, 2003

Gayin it up itt

McCracAttack posted:

So THAT'S why you have it sitting up there. I was about to make a snarky post.

that thing is massive, but <3 for the pio elite series. next upgrade will most likely be a 3 channel power amp for the front speakers, and a new sub..

Yalc
Mar 5, 2003

Gayin it up itt

MitchFM posted:

How is AT&T U-Verse working out for you?

Over all I am super happy, tons of HD content, the box works great, and fast Internet. At first I was pretty dissapointed but then UI go faster and everything workd better than release. I am using a logitech remote if that changed any thing but I dont think so. Some of the HD channels are compressed to poo poo, I can't tell if that is broadcast compression on top of UVerse compression or not, but some channles are bad, but still better than SD content. Oh and the SD content is better than anyother service I have had so far..

Yalc fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Aug 19, 2008

Yalc
Mar 5, 2003

Gayin it up itt

titaniumone posted:

I'm currently planning on buying that receiver, and not using an amp with it. Did you need the amp to drive the speakers fully?

my elitest responce is YES YOU NEED AN AMP.

but really you don't it puts out arround 120w rms, and my current speakers crave arround 300w yet it sounds awesome. The only thing that kills me is my speakers aren't designed to be Bi-Amped and I would like a bit more sound out of my fronts. But it does a grate job with my current setup.

Yalc
Mar 5, 2003

Gayin it up itt

BattleHork posted:

I'll play again:

[timg]

Video/Gaming
Sony Bravia 46" Z4100
Sony S350 Blu-Ray Player
PS3, 360 and Wii
Home Theater PC (Intel Core 2 Duo/Geforce 9400 mobo)

Audio
Dayton A732 Kit Speakers
Sony HD Radio Tuner XDRF1HD
Sony 5-disc SACD Changer SCD-CE595
Technics 1200MK2 turntable
Denon PMA-750 Integrated Amplifier (this is 28 years old and sounds awesome)

where can I get that stand

Yalc
Mar 5, 2003

Gayin it up itt

putting a couch on a few cinder blocks as a quick riser/stage a good or bad idea :)

Yalc
Mar 5, 2003

Gayin it up itt

Stares At Floor posted:

my old (11+ years if she was still alive) Pio Elite died a year ago from a heat stroke, I assume, with less breathing room. I replaced it with a 94TXH a couple years ago, and these are amazing receivers, nice to see someone else getting as much joy as I do out of theirs. I can't wait till I can amp my speakers, I think you just gave me a goal for next summer.

Did you ever run it without the amps? if so did you notice any difference in the ICE amps?

Yalc fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 27, 2009

Yalc
Mar 5, 2003

Gayin it up itt

Plastik posted:

if you used about 200x more cable ties, and pulled everything tight, had power setup so it was all on a different side. AND had the cart setup so it just had one or two cables plug-in out side of it (power/Ethernet. And like black cloth or wood painted back behind it to keep your eyes from focusing on the noisy rack. It wouldn't look TOO bad and be functional in its a bad rear end portable station..

but drat man, NEED MORE WIRETIRES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yalc
Mar 5, 2003

Gayin it up itt

MMD3 posted:

Can anyone recommend other AV furniture brands that have a similar aesthetic to Salamander's stuff but aren't quite so spendy?

I really love most of what they do, especially this Madrid stuff but I just can't see myself spending $1,000+ on a cabinet/stand quite yet.

http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/madrid/ma7022.jsp

I know OmniMount does, but I am not sure the quality
amazon search "modern tv stand" and some good results follow.