Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gregday
May 23, 2003

For the first time I have the space and means to play with home AV. Over the weekend I picked up a Sony Bravia EX4 46". The only spec that I'm a little iffy on is it only does 60Hz, but most of what I'll do is watching DVDs and streaming things over the AppleTV, so I think I'll be fine. I have zero interest in Blu-Ray or gaming. I just ordered this to put it on:

http://www.amazon.com/South-Shore-Furniture-Collection-Honeydew/dp/B001IDY5JU/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_1

And now I'm shopping for a new couch and some other stuff for a good semi-home-theater experience. Anyone recommend a good cheap 2.1 receiver and speaker combo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

Just getting around to the living room. Sofa was delivered this week. The carpet is terrible and will be replaced soon so the room won't be so dreary looking.

46" Sony Bravia, the 60Hz model with only 2 devices connected: a Philips region free DVD player and a 2nd gen Apple TV. Currently still shopping for and audio solution.

And the wall behind the sofa is just crying out for some art.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Timage posted:

The Game Informer is my roommate's so don't judge me. :v:

It was a cheap thing from one of those discount furniture stores. Not the really cheap and nasty stores, the one that's one step below a proper furniture outlet. To be honest I will probably change it soon. I like the shape of the unit but not the colour or the style of the doors/accents.

It looks similar to one I just got, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001IDY5JU

Great price and it's a lot heavier and sturdier than I expected.

gregday
May 23, 2003

That's a beautiful room.