Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey
Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic but I just got this up and running. I still have to actually wire the receiver and the speakers and then its pretty much done. I'll post better pictures when its all done.

Whats visible. Panasonic TH-50PX70U on the wall, 22" Acer x223w in the center, and samsung 206bw's on the sides. Speakers on the wall are part of an Onkyo HTIB but the model number eludes me. Retailed for about $900 when I got them about a year an a half ago and were a pretty good place to start my sound while I'm still in school.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Giblet fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 10, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

MONDO MEDICALS posted:

This is a really nice setup and it's coming along brilliantly but doesn't it really bug you not having your ceiling lights central?

I was thinking the same thing.

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

Siroc posted:

What Comcast box is that proton?

Seems like its the DCH3416

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

coolskillrex remix posted:

Someone please buy my speakers

10 bucks

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

MMD3 posted:

cherry veneer? nah-dawg, we just hollowed out a tree and ran the wiring up through the center.

Cutting down trees? Man we left them in the ground and built your house around it.

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

MMD3 posted:

That... is an awesome console, need to find something like this.

It looks to me like it is actually 3 separate pieces with a solid finished piece of wood on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

Photex posted:

zip ties are not the solution, velcro is.

Also voting Velcro. Zip ties are such a pain to redo.

I would assume if the slack in most of those components are coiled up they could fit nicely behind the little backbone. Another option is to buy some shorter cables.