Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cudwortho
Aug 1, 2003
Does this girl live there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cudwortho
Aug 1, 2003
Speaking of cable runs, I've read that having the same length speaker wire for all speakers is a must. So if you have 5.1 sound then all speaker wire minus the sub, should be say 25ft for ea speaker. I currently have my setup ran like this, but the extra wire for my center channel speaker is all bunched up and looks like a birds nest. If I were to cut off some of the excess center channel wire would I even notice a difference? Is having all the wire the same length even a must do?

cudwortho
Aug 1, 2003

Omegaslast posted:

Whoever told you that is full of poo poo. The only person i can imagine having a reason to tell you that is the sales guy so you buy more speaker wire.

I'm pretty sure I read it on AVs Forums, but it was prolly 10 years ago.

cudwortho
Aug 1, 2003
drat that's a pussy magnet.

cudwortho
Aug 1, 2003

Legdiian posted:

So I bought a tripod last night. Here's some pics of my touch panel and my super cool 3 color LED ropelight

Edit - For bonus points, spot the error on my GUI screen shot :(

Sci Fi Channel is now is now SyFy?