Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

usurper
Oct 19, 2003

Sup

Omegaslast posted:

straight on:

How do you like your Emotiva amp? Which is it? I just bought the XPA-2 for some 2-channel listening in another room, but now I'm thinking about adding an XPA-3 for the center/surround channels and moving both to the the main movie/TV rig. So far I've been impressed with the Emotiva line.

Beautiful speakers as well. I see you have your priorities straight in terms of cash leaving your pocket - based on this pic where your bed is 6" away from this setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usurper
Oct 19, 2003

Sup

Omegaslast posted:

Its an xpa-3 with only the ls6s hooked up to it. it allows me to turn these up as loud as i want without any distortion and thats all i care about. What speakers you got running on the xpa-2??

Well, on my music listening setup upstairs, just a set of Canton GLE 430's. On the TV setup, an old set of Klipsch KG 5.2's which are still some of the best sounding floor standing speakers I've heard. Or maybe I'm just used to them.

usurper
Oct 19, 2003

Sup

shaitan posted:

Am I also seeing 2 receivers?

Top is a receiver. Bottom is an Emotiva amp.

usurper
Oct 19, 2003

Sup

Cold Old posted:

I came up with the design myself. Honestly, there isn't a whole lot of science behind them other than searching for "speaker lot" on eBay and finding deals. I ended up getting the mids and tweeters from the same guy who was selling closeout lots from speaker manufactures.
To answer the question above, its 32 tweeters (they are 4 ohm, so I wired them in series - parallel in a magical combination to make the final load 8 0hms), and 16 mids (8 ohm speakers, so the same magic as the tweets, divided by two), plus 2 8 inch woofers. I just used some stock 3 way crossovers from Parts express that matched the specs of the drivers. They are 7 feet tall.

Edit: ^^^^ Hurrrrrr, I missed this. Good call on building something new out for the center.

Is that little 12" thing sitting on the floor between the subs the only center channel? I've always found that the most important piece of HT has been a center channel at the same size/dynamics as the L and R. It seems to me that you might want to build a center that has some of the same components as your L & R towers. Doesn't that center sound tinny and miserable compared to the other 6 channels?

Also, the rest is just outrageous. I love it.

usurper
Oct 19, 2003

Sup

writequit posted:

Sure, no problem.

Play along at home!

Content: The basement's existing home theater seating just had to go:

Great project! One thing about that dryer vent, you may want to run rigid aluminum 4" pipe vs. that long of a flexible pipe. There are some fire restrictions/etc about running something like that through the floor/cabinets with that length of flexible pipe. You can google for it, but more here: http://www.dryerbox.com/dryer_venting_guide.htm