Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gmcsonoma
Jan 27, 2004

Television: Toshiba 52HM85 (purchased for $1000 last year with new bulb)
DVD: Toshiba SD4990 (free!)
Autio: Yamaha YSP800 (display model, $350) with Yamaha YST-FSW100 subwoofer (display model, $40)

-HD Cable Box (Rogers)
-Xbox 360 w/ HD-DVD
-Harmony 880

crappy picture (I have no room for this stuff, but it's so much fun):

gmcsonoma fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 19, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gmcsonoma
Jan 27, 2004

I finally got a bedroom tv! I know its nothing fancy, but it does the trick for movies and surfing the web. I plan to conceal the cables in the wall sometime in the future and possibly pick up a DiNovo mini bluetooth keyboard to control the laptop.

gmcsonoma
Jan 27, 2004

I finally have my living room looking how I'd like it to! The only thing I really want to do now is conceal the bunch of wires running up to the tv, maybe with a color matched channel of some sort.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gmcsonoma
Jan 27, 2004

BigFactory posted:

Are those anime action figures on display in front of your tv? That's...a design choice, I guess. If it were me I'd hide those before I hid the cables.

Nah, they're vinyl superheroes and whatnot. I got my girlfriend a Wall-e and Eve for her birthday last year and they kept multiplying.

I wish I had a before picture of the orange shag carpet and brown wainscoting.

gmcsonoma
Jan 27, 2004

BrettRobb posted:

Does your fire place work?

Yeah, it's wood burning and heats the whole house up amazingly well. I don't want to use it until I can get the chimney swept, I don't know when it was last done and the house is fairly old.