Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
All that nice poo poo and then a $5 walmart power strip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Battlegoat, your room is great, but ever think about putting crown molding along the top of the walls? That area looks out of place.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Battlegoat posted:

My sub arrived the other day...

It rocks. Anyone looking for a subwoofer should consider an Epik, assuming you don't have a strict size limit. :)

that thing is bigger than my entire entertainment center

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Not to be rude but that setup is ghetto as hell with the huge tv and tiny tv stand and cables everywhere

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

DoktorLoken posted:

My fantastically ghetto setup:

Sony KDL32S2010 32" LCD $250 floor model special
Paradigm Atom Monitors $250 new from local stereo shop
Onkyo TX-SR504 $180-$200 refurbed from Onkyo
XBox 360 60GB $250 shipped from Dell
Philips DVP5982 $50 open box special from Best Buy
Techcraft $29 floor model special TV stand
Badass cinder block speaker stands (They're secured together with liquid nails)

All told, it is a pretty good setup I think considering that it didn't cost much at all. Some day I want to add a small HSU or similar make subwoofer to it along with Paradigm Cinema ADP surrounds and center.

:sigh: seating for one :sigh:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

chuck2020 posted:

It was $6,000 all together. It may sound like a lot, but it was a great deal. We paid $2000 out of pocket (which was ok because our initial plan was to buy a flat screen as a housewarming gift to ourselves), and rolled the other $4000 into the mortgage. That total includes:
TV
Receiver
3 speakers (center channel and 2 surrounds)
100' of HDMI cable
all of the speaker wire throughout the ceiling
the component shelf
installation of all of it

If you are in Lexington, KY, I would highly recommend this guy. He did fantastic work for us!

You paid $4000 for speaker wire, drywall and wall studs.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Legdiian posted:

So instead of paying back the 4K on a credit card, he makes extra principal payments, say $400 a month for 10 months. Wouldn't that be almost the same as putting it on a card?

Not if he doesn't make the extra principle payments.

A better idea is to not spend above your means, but I'm certainly not judging the guy, I'm just saying I would have done the relatively easy framing and drywalling work myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

dietcokefiend posted:

Well after reading this thread and seeing Huge_Midget's setup with the green I decided to paint my living room this weekend. Previous was all white (new house, builders dont like color).

two two chairs right in front of the tv look really pathetic. you should think about putting that couch there instead. it is a girl repellent.